Heartless

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 08 Jan 2018

This book surprised me. I was drawn in from page one and could not put it down. Captivating story and mesmerizing characters. Will not disappoint you.

*** ARC provided by the author for an honest review ***

What do you do when you fall in love with another person, but you are already in a relationship? RC Martin gives one interpretation of this in Heartless. Michael and Blaine must come to terms with their current relationships and their love.

Michael is governor of Colorado. Middle child of his parents, he has been happily married for sixteen years. Things aren’t all perfect, but that is the way that life is. He is looking to move forward in his position. And wants to attempt to run for office again. His wife is the perfect companion for his office, because she makes him look good. However, inside of their marriage is a sense of loss...

See Full Review
Very well done!! I don't think I've ever finished a book that includes cheating because they are typically written to very basic and carnal. Heartless, however, was a dual POV with so much depth and raw emotion that I couldn't put it down! Tastefully raw and real, I loved this book!
R.C. Martin is a new author to Three Girls- but we really enjoyed this emotional story, so it's won't be our last!

Heartless was a bit of a slow burn, but it really gave you a change to feel the connection  between the characters!  R.C.'s writing was really amazing and she did a great job of reading a heartfelt story

HEARTLESS by R.C. Martin

Infidelity…is it always wrong? And, if it is not…when is it right? What are the repercussions of infidelity and how is the fallout dealt with? Is acting on interest in another ever okay when married? These are some of the questions I asked myself while reading. The author states in the blurb that this is a book that has real characters who are not perfect and that is abundantly clear…this is a story that will linger and cause readers to ponder…at least that is my opinion.

Blaine and Michael really seem to have nothing in common but definitely are attracted to one another. Both are in relationships when they meet but that doesn’t stop them from beginning an...

See Full Review

This book is about two people falling in love when they aren’t necessarily looking for love. There is cheating in this book, and whether or not you can handle that... is up to you, but I feel like R.C. Martin does a fantastic job of not making excuses for these characters. No one becomes a villain to make the events in this story ok. You know they are flawed, you know they are making poor choices, but if you can accept a love story for what it is, all flaws and mistakes included, then I think you will enjoy this book.

If you like your romance happy go lucky and following all the rules, Heartless may not be the book for you. If you’re open to a romance that has the flaws, the ugly, and the...