Bringer of Chaos: Forged in Fire (Marooned on a Barren World)

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 06 Mar 2018

A powerful read that at times moves a little slowly, and has it's light moments. I really love the main cast, although I think Six and not Pietas is probably my favorite. The introduction definitely hooked me more than the synopsis.

To be betrayed by your mother whom you love so much, is not an easy thing to deal with, it almost broke Pietas, she betrayed that special love, he had for her, which almost destroyed him and cost his friendship with Six, but his resolve is strong, he had to be to withstand the constant abuse he and his sister received at the hands of their father, he couldn't understand why his mother would side with him to do him wrong. His cruelty knew no boundaries, he was manipulative and a monster, casting his net wide and entrapping her in it, but such a hold was not an option for Pietas, he was so sorry his mother fell victim to his father’s machinations and was doped by his words. Unknowing to...

See Full Review
A great sci/fi read.  Exciting with interesting characters and plot.  It does seem a little disheartening that family dysfunction could fester for so long. Still, maybe I'm missing background as this is the first book in the series that I've read. Recommended.
Thank you to Net Galley for providing me with a digital arc in exchange for my honest review.

I've read a couple in Kayelle's "Chosen" series of books and has more emotional depth. There were things to like about this book, including a tribe of sentient panthers, and lord knows, we all love a good story with kitties. Why I couldn't rate this book a five, however, was that it wasn't a proper story on its own. You got a little lost if you didn't read the previous book "Bringer of Chaos: The Origins of Pietas."

This story is about a family so dysfunctional, they make the Kardashians look like the Cleavers from "Leave It To Beaver." There are couple lines that rip your heart out for sure, but you would think, at least I do, that a...

See Full Review
Truly immersive sci-fi read. My sci-fi fangirl brain did a happy dance while reading this. This book needs an audio version because you'll want to close your eyes to visualize and truly experience this story.