Disney Manga: The Princess and the Frog

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 31 Jan 2018

My 7 year old daughter and I picked this for our reading time. We love The Princess and The Frog movie and this book was no different. The format was set up more like a comic book than an actual book but we enjoyed it still. If you like the movie, you'll like the book. It's a must read for Tiana fans and Disney lovers.  Tiana is still hardworking and has her sense of humor and then you have Naveen who is willing to learn how to cook. We love these two together! We both enjoyed reading it and will most definitely tell our friends/family about the book.
What’s hopping in New Orleans? What’s cooking with Tiana and Naveen?

The Shadow Man’s curse has Tiana and Naveen a little green and totally amphibian. The prince and the waitress must break the curse by midnight on Mardi Gras or stay frogs forever. Can they find a princess to kiss Naveen in time?

For anyone of any age that loves fairy tales, new spins on fairy tales, or Disney comics and manga, this is a treat. You’ve got a feisty heroine and a hero who’s willing to learn to cook. What else do you need? It’s a recipe for mayhem and a little romance, Disney style!

In addition to the story, there’s a really neat info section introducing the main characters with notes about their character, their background, and insights from and about the supervising animator. There’s also a section of manga lover sketches that could be used for coloring or for learning to draw the characters. There are also sneak peeks at other Disney manga titles.

Remember to follow the panels and conversation bubbles from right to left. There’s a handy reference that shows you the flow in numbers, so you won’t get lost. (Trying to read left to right will get your brain in a knot and make for some really weird conversations!)
This my favorite fairytale story, I love tiana so much and I was really happy to see her again here.
It was cute and quick read I love it so much
I'm waiting for more books like this one.
ARC COPY...although it doesn't capture the slap stick nature of the original movie. Still was acute and energetic read. Decent adaptation.
We absolutely love Princess and the FRog. This is not what I expected but both of my girls enjoyed this book. They like the format because it read like a comic book. Thank you for allowing us to read and review your book.
⭐⭐⭐⭐ stars!

Revisiting childhood fantasies is one of the best and funniest things that could happen. The Princess and The Frog was and still is one the best childhood stories. Seeing it rewritten in this way is beautifully amazing.
great read. if you've seen the Disney movie you will absolutely love this manga version.  The artwork is beautiful and the cells are easy to follow. I enjoyed that in the beginning there are character biographies and at the end sketches of the cover line work. there might be a typo on page 19, last cell, but it might be indicating a astuter for Tiana?  "congratulations on being the voted the king of the mardi gras parade?"
I mean, if you've seen the movie The Princess and the Frog, you have basically read this manga. It is very true to the movie. I like how the art style is reflective of the Disney movie while adding a bit of a manga-style flair to it. The events and dialogue are line-for-line true to the movie, so real surprises here. Still a really cute volume, and a one-shot complete in one volume.
*thank you to Netgalley and Diamond Book Distributors for an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review*

3 stars.

"You can wish and dream but that old star can only take you part of the way"

Ever since seeing the Disney version of this retelling, I've loved it, but as a manga, while it's still good, it feels a bit lacking. I'm not saying it works or doesn't work as I'm really borderline with it. It's still enjoyable, the characters are still mostly the same, but I'm not that exciting about it. Still, if your wanting to read it to just refresh your memory of the story, then this will work. Hopefully others enjoy this more than I did.