Cover Image: In Bloom

In Bloom

Kayla is relatable, raw, and relentless in her pursuit of encouraging women to know and embrace their worth and live with confidence. In Bloom is for you!
Very, very sweet author with a welcoming style and lots of good advice. I didn't connect with this book but I could see how others in this type of situation would. I would definitely buy this book for a few of my friends who I can see are dealing with the same type of issues. I'm torn on the stars as I personally had a hard time finishing it but the writing style and commentary would be so beneficial to some. I went with four stars for that reason.
A great read for anyone who's ever struggled with self-esteem or wondered where their place is among other women. Wish this book had been around when I was a teen!
We all deal with insecurities and some times think we are the only ones dealing with it. In Bloom: TradGing Restless Insecurity....Kaylee did an awesome job drawing us into the book. Over and over I kept saying "that was me, too" many times, the author confronts real battles of feeling insecure with truth filled encouragement. We are bombarded with media and images that of those who appear to have it all together, what "real women" should look like and act like. Our faith is in Jesus, not those who feel the need to make others feel insecure. This was the first book by the author that I have read and was impressed with the raw and heartbreaking honesty.

A Must Read!!
Kind of like the overall theme of this book, I wrote a review and it disappeared. I suspect Kayla Aimee can feel me in this. Her book is about shame, insecurity, and blame. Who hasn't felt these emotions or experienced awkward situations? This book takes the theory of Bréne Brown and marries it with the experience of real life. We can all feel seen and heard because Aimee shares her own vulnerable moments in order to share God's grace. It is refreshingly honest and truthful. Great book with a timely message.
Insecurity has long been my unwanted companion. Since I’d love to be free from it, I chose this book from a virtual shelf. The bright, pretty blooms also called to me.

Kayla Aimee writes about tough subjects with lots of laughter and entertaining sarcasm. She tells many stories based on her past, and uses humor to open the door to dealing with past pain. Her hurts include suffering from bullying, always wanting to fit in, self-image problems, recovering from her parents’ divorce, and a child who was in the NICU for six months. She speaks about how her faith anchored her, chased away her insecurity and ultimately helped her bloom with confidence.

You’ll like this book if:
- You have a dry sense of humor
- 90’s pop culture is your jam
- The perfect world painted on social media both attracts and repels you
- Quotable quotes make you happy
- You enjoy cute stories about little kids

Here’s a sampling of the many well-written, faith-based quotes from In Bloom:

- The small slight that we’re currently agonizing over is magnified by the power of memory.
- Rejection is hard. Because regardless of our age, we all just want to fit in.
- One of the worst feelings in the world is to not be seen. No one wants to go through life unnoticed. We all just want someone to tell us we matter.
- Keeping up appearances is such a heavy burden placed on women.

If you’re looking for a light, funny read that still packs loads of spiritual truth, I recommend In Bloom.

Thanks goes out to Netgalley for a free review copy of this wonderful book.
I loved this book. Kayla seriously writes like she could be my best friend. Did she look in my middle school diaries? I related to her so much. The topic of identity and self-acceptance can be a bit heavy, but she tackled it head on with humor and grace. This book gave me confidence to be myself and that all God's plans are good. From another girl who's hair tends to grow triangular..solidarity. Total solidarity.
Kayla was able to capture feelings I'm sure every woman has experienced and articulate them in a way we can understand. She understands the feelings of inadequency and not being enough and she gave us pratical tips on how to rewrite our narrative and make it our own. We don't have to be or even look like what the world says. We must be who God says we are.
I know what you are thinking.  Why is a guy reading a book intended for women?  Good question!  I’m married to a woman.  I’m the father of one.  I pastor a slew of them.  That is why I was glad to read the newest book from author Kayla Aimee entitled In Bloom:  Trading Restless Insecurity for Abiding Confidence published by B & H.
As my daughter, who is now 19 and is attending college, was growing up I often wondered about the battles that were going on in the heart of a young girl.  As she struggled with insecurity and life, I often thought to myself that what she needs to do is be resilient and strong.  I don’t think that I quite understood the pain that she was facing.
In this book Kayla Aimee chronicles her own life and struggles.  Through the art of excellent storytelling, she takes us on a journey into her own life, a journey that she admits leaves her vulnerable and exposed.  Her greatest fear is that her dad might read the chapter on sex.  Through her journey you see the struggles of a teen, a young single adult, a wife, and a young mother.  You also see her applying God’s Word to her life.  You learn about mercy, grace, friendship, and empathy.  This book has allowed me to appreciate the journey of ladies all around me.
I think that the author is a great story teller who is able to bring you into her life.  Once again I’m not a lady, but I have seen one after another speak of how they related to her struggles.  I believe that this book is going to be a blessing to the women who read it.
Since we are all better together, the author has given you discussion questions in the back of the book so that a group of ladies could journey through this book as a group.  I’m thankful to be a part of the team who helped launch this book.
I received a copy of this book in return for an honest review.
In Bloom is a collection of stories from the author’s life that can be described as everything between hilarious and heart-wrenching as she describes her struggles with insecurity. Mrs. Aimee weaves truths from the Bible into her stories to help the reader with feelings of insecurity. The author covers a lot of ground in what makes us feel so insecure: not fitting in, comparison to others, feeling left out, thinking back on a conversation where you wonder if you acted in the right way or said the right thing, and the ever-present Mommy wars. She covers other topics that I have not experienced, but I can relate to every single one of those I just listed at some point in my life. All of these causes of insecurity point to the idea that most people just want to feel as though they belong. Feeling rejected causes insecurity and isn’t part of an abundant life. Mrs. Aimee encourages us to move past these feelings of insecurity and instead anchor our confidence in God. At the end of the book are study questions that can be used for individual or group study that covers several chapters at once. Each chapter grouping contains a Bible verse, discussion questions, and ideas to apply the theme. Although I use a different translation from those used in the book, Bible references are listed so that one can look up the verse for themselves. As a woman who regularly struggles with insecurity, it was refreshing to be reminded that fears, worry, and feelings of inadequacy should be replaced with the truth of what God says about our worth.

I received this book from B&H Publishing Group in exchange for an honest review. I was not obligated to write a positive review.
What a wonderful book this was. Kayla Aimee discusses her fears, loneliness, insecurity and inferiority. She shows you how she's tackling these with her loving relationship with God. I love that she's sprinkled in hilarious excerpts from her spunky daughter Scarlette. You'll find yourself saying #METOO throughout the book, feeling like you've found a kindred spirit.
I loved In Bloom! This book is about letting go of feelings of insecurity and inadequacy and embracing who you are in Christ. Kayla Aimee is a witty author and this whole book had me nodding my head and my heart whispering "me too". I've always been the awkward girl. Case in point- I was reading this the other night in a busy public place while waiting for my husband. As if being the nerd in the room, reading and sitting alone, isn't bad enough...I was laughing out loud. A lot. Yep, bringing the awkward since '79! 🙋🏼The author uses her personal experiences as a beacon of hope and encouragement. If, like me and many women, you struggle with confidence and feelings of inadequacy, then this is the book for you. Thank you @bhpub for this advance reader.
It's a sweet book written in a light, storytelling format that is very engaging.  The author is vulnerable, humble and transparent.  With some of the cultural references, I was a little too old (or out of touch) to get but it contains good insight and helpful material.
In Bloom
Trading Restless Insecurity for Abiding Confidence
by Kayla Aimee
B&H Publishing Group (B&H Books, Holman Bibles, B&H Español, and B&H Kids)

B&H Books
Christian
Pub Date 06 Feb 2018

I am reviewing a copy of In Bloom through B&H Books and Netgalley:

In Bloom reminds us that we are not alone, that most women have dealt with the feeling of not measuring up.

If you ever were made to feel ugly, or unintelligent, if you ever felt left out or laughed at in girlhood or womanhood In Bloom will remind you that you are not alone.

In Bloom helps us to deal with feelings of insecurity and inadequacy and replace them with steadfast truths and spiritual affirmations.    We will learn to replace our need for approval with the enduring promise of acceptance.  We will also learn the importance of uncovering our purpose, unlock our potential and celebrate the unique individual God made us.

I give In Bloom five out of five stars!

Happy Reading!
Loved, loved, loved this book!!! Such a good read for anyone struggling with doubts and insecurities. I felt like Aimee was writing to me personally... and sometimes about me! Highly recommend!!!
Great well rounded approach to what it looks like to walki in the Light daily as a Christ following woman
If you are a woman insecurity comes just as naturally as breathing. Even the most seemingly put together woman deals with insecurity. Just when you think you have become a grown up and left junior high and mean girls behind, there they are right next to you.

But did you know that you don't have to live like that? Kayla Aimee helps us take an honest look at the insecurities that plague us. She shares her own humbling but hilarious experiences and allows us to take a peek inside her journey to confidence. She shows you how to flip insecurity on its head and walk in confidence through a trust in the abiding grace of Christ.

I really enjoyed Kayla's first book, Anchored, and I enjoyed this one just as much. Kayla is willing to be vulnerable in order to help others reach a deeper relationship with Christ. I really think young women and mothers will benefit the most from this book but I'm a 50+ woman and I also found the book to be thought provoking. I appreciated the way that she encouraged us to look back at all the awkward and sometimes painful events that fed our insecurities. But instead of wallowing in it she reminds you to acknowledge the ways in which Christ brought you through it and encourages you to see what you learned from it.

This is a quick read that also allows you to interact with it through questions. I think it is a lovely book to read yourself but it would also make a perfect selection for a small group of women to read together.

I received an e-copy of this book to facilitate my review.
Insecurity doesn't just happen to us as we are growing up. It can happen at any time in our life, when we find fault with ourselves whether physical, choices in our life or circumstances beyond our control. Women in general can be so hard on themselves and at times on each other which makes these insecurities a daily trial, but with our heavenly Father we can find confidence in all that we do.
Kayla Aimee has written her soul baring story dealing with insecurity and how she found her confidence following and trusting in the Lord. She gently reminds us that it isn't about the story we have written for our life, but the one that the Lord has written. We can change the narrative that we've been telling ourselves for years while looking to the Lord because He has the only voice that matters.
I found In Bloom brutally honest and refreshing. I will be looking forward to reading more books by Kayla Aimee in the future.
This is Kayla Aimee’s second book and I love it just as much, if not more, than her first. “Friendship happens when someone risks starting the conversation.” Kayla starts the conversation by being honest, raw, and funny about her struggles with confidence; her challenges with insecurities. She shares stories that are relatable to all women of all stages of life and invites us to be open as well. The questions in the back will help women have deeper conversations and friendships with each other. Thank you for sharing your story Kayla!
Today I am reviewing the book “In Bloom” by Kayla Aimee.

I am writing this review only because I received a free copy through >Netgalley.com so I could review it.  I really hate writing reviews like this one, because I really did not like this book at all!

I could not find anything of interest in this book.  I pushed on reading it, hoping it would improve, but it did not.  All of a sudden I reached the end of the book, and I thought “that can’t be the end, there is no conclusion, nothing to remember.”  I re-read the last few pages to be sure I had not missed something.  There was just nothing there.

I rarely read a book that leaves me feeling that I have wasted my time. Unfortunately, this is one of those rare times. To be fair, there are women who have enjoyed this book.  For that reason I am giving you the link below where you can buy 1 book and get 1 free, a BOGO!  Perhaps you will like it better than I did.

–>Click to get your BOGO!