Paris Ever After

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: Not set

Light reading and quite relaxing. But I felt this book a little emotionless. Probably this is because I found it hard to connect with Amy, the main character. Just don't judge me rude, but I thought Amy is a little bit selfish and hard to understand. I didn't understand how she could went away to Paris, pregnant, and always find an excuse to postponed the news to her husband.

The other characters were not better. I thought their characters were not well developed. They were not interesting to me. The only one who made me interested is Margaret's daughter. The rest was just... names (which mostly I can't remember by now)

Although the ending is beautiful, it was unreal. I didn't even feel the sadness from Amy when she had this revelation in the end.

I received this book with lovely cover from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review
This book was excellent! Great plot, pacing, and characterizations. I was intrigued the whole time, and didn't want to put it down. I am excited to see what is next from this author in the future!
I will admit that I didn't read the first book to this but I enjoyed it none the less. This was a short easy read that had me really admiring Amy and her courage to follow her dreams. I loved seeing her navigate her dream life while coping with the fallout from her quick decisions. I found the characters relatable and the writing flowed nicely. I wish I would have read the first book and would definitely recommend others do before they pick this up.
It was a hit-or-miss story for me. Amy decided to leave everything behind and goes to Paris, not because of YOLO or that she's a wanderlust, but because she wants to find herself. AND Take note, she is married - literally leaving her poor husband without any valid reason or whatsoever. I understand that sometimes, we need to step out of our comfort zone and explore what we truly want and what makes us happy - but not to the point that we abandon someone, let alone a husband. I admit that most of the times when I face a problem, I run away from it - either not caring or just sleeping it off - thinking that it'll vanish when I start to care again or when I wake up. BUT NO. The problem will still be there and the only thing to solve it is if you face it and critically think what steps to do to never arrive at the same problem again.
I love a book that it seems a good friend is telling you a story.  With vivid descriptions of Paris, the food, the culture along with a strong character it makes for a great read any time of the year!  I loved it.
Paris Ever after is an uplifting story about finding love when your not looking for it. Amy decides to run off to Paris without telling a soul, even her husband. With a baby in her belly she needs to escape and start fresh, and discover who she is and what she wants. She loves her husband Will, but things have been less then ideal. She arrives in Paris with no real plan of what she'll do there. She meets and strikes up a friendship with a group of locals who essentially become her family. She has a job, friends, her baby, all she needs is Will.  When Will tells Amy he's coming to see her in Paris, she's unsure if it's because he wants her back or to give her divorce papers. She loves Will and she's hoping when she surprises him with the news that hes going to be a dad that he will want to make there marriage work..Unfortunately for Amy she's the one who is about to be surprised.
I enjoyed Paris Ever After and the main character is someone who is very relatable. Any book with description's of the food and ambiance of Paris is exciting to me, and makes me want to be just like Amy and run off to discover a whole new life and all the possibilities that would bring!
A brilliant book about how when life got her down then Amy left Phoenix and Will for her memories of Paris and how she ended up being part of a strange group of friends until around her 30th birthday she has to make a decision. Will is also in Paris and he, she believes is trying to catch up with her or is he? With a cast of interesting and quirky characters this fast paced novel sets off to take one on a ride with romantic Paris at its centre.
This book was a cute read. It gave me a great outlet during a difficult time for me. It was nice learn about the characters and seeing how much they grew. I loved the authors writting style and how they just made the characters come to life.
I just could not get into this book. I'm sorry but it was approved to me 1 day before publication and I tried reading it in one day but it just did not keep my eye.  This is my review and thoughts only.  Thank you to Netgalley and Velvet Publishing for my honest review
A fun contemporary story of all of the fun involved in changing your life only to have to decide between two worlds that you love somewhat equally.  Fun, engaging, and fast paced.  Readers will want more.
Paris Ever After by KSR Burns is the sequel to the book The Paris Effect. Here, the main character has been in Paris for a while after suddenly moving without telling anyone where she was headed, including her husband. It is a very different sort of book and will not appeal to all readers. I found the main character difficult to like or relate to. I received a digital copy of this book from the publisher with no obligations. These opinions are entirely my own.
I didn't like this book very much. This review is sort of regarding both this book and The Paris Effect, who which Paris Ever After is a sequel.

First, lots of respect to the author for writing something so weird and different. When I first saw the book, thought it was another story about a woman who runs off to Paris to escape her dull life and find herself. And it is that, but it's a lot more. The characters are bizarre. The Paris in this story is not the one we're used to seeing or reading about, but rather one of underground clubs and insane English women, and creepy, lying men. No one is what they seem.

As for the main character, she's equally complicated and disturbed. She's married to a man she doesn't love and married only because she was pregnant - but had a miscarriage very early in the pregnancy and has since been miserable in her marriage for years. A big part of the story involves her grieving the loss of her best friend, who was also her lover in college though her confusion about her sexual orientation is never really addressed. (I was kind of hoping the story would end up with her finding an amazing woman in Paris but finally realizing maybe she was never happy in her marriage because she was lesbian, but that didn't happen - big missed opportunity because the actual romance that got tacked on at the end of this book was super boring.)

There are several characters suffering from some fairly serious mental issues and no one seems to be especially concerned about this. The English woman who lies and manipulates people, her daughter who is either a liar or suffered something fairly traumatic that no one is addressing, and then the creepy guy who pretends to be wealthy. Then we have the main character's eating disorder that is only sort of addressed - mostly in the first book, less so in this one.

I didn't really like the characters in this book. Amy, the main character, is selfish and irresponsible. She runs off to Paris while her husband is away on business, thinking she'll be back before he returns. Then she gets sick, loses her phone, ends up being completely dependent on total strangers. That was the first book. And I didn't like it all that much, hadn't planned to read next book - but then I saw in on NetGalley and I was curious as to what happens next because as I said, I was quite impressed with how bizarre the story was.

In this book, Amy has a fight with her husband, takes off to Paris again. She essentially abandons her marriage and then, surprise, realizes she's pregnant. So again, she's expecting these people she barely knows to care for her. And her constant referring to her unborn child by name is so annoying - once in a while, okay, but it's constant, the baby (I don't remember the name) likes this, the baby was doing this, the baby wants this. That kind of made me hate the character.

Also, as I've said in other reviews, many times I'm sure, I despise stories in which the accidental pregnancy is the most wonderful thing ever - the last thing this woman needs is a baby. She doesn't even have a place to live, or any source of income or any real plans at all regarding her future.

Clearly, I didn't like the book very much.

I received a copy via NetGalley.
I DIdn't realize this was the second book so it was slow to start which I usually wont read the rest. The main character didn't really act her age that bothers me in real life and in books. Its a quick read.. but not the best.
I enjoyed reading this story. I didn't realize it was a sequel until after reading it, but it was so good, I don't might going back to read the first.
I was a little confused at the beginning of this book because I was not aware there was a book that came before this one.  I was getting a little bored until I realized the author was trying to catch the reader up in the beginning which I appreciated.

This book is about Amy who on a whim decides to jet off to Paris, without telling anyone not even her husband.  She originally thought she would only be gone a couple of days while her husband was away for work, but it turned into a longer stay than she had planned.  She meets a group of friends and after staying for five months, her visa has expired and she's planning a party for her 30th birthday.  On the day of her birthday her husband Will shows up and Amy can't tell if it's for a reconciliation or if they're separating for good.  The day after her birthday a woman shows up on her doorstep who throws Amy's life in chaos and leaves her homeless.  With her life falling apart Amy can't decide whether she should go home with her husband and try to work things out or stay in Paris and forge on.

I would definitely recommend reading the first book in the series, otherwise it can get very confusing and I feel like I missed out on a lot of info that would have been helpful when reading the second.  Overall not a bad book, pretty quirky and at times funny.

Thank you so much to Netgalley and Velvet Morning Press for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.
I thoroughly enjoyed this book and think it was better than the first. I think The main character was better developed and more mature which made for a more enjoyable read. I loved hearing about the adventures of young Amy who is always just around the bend from yet another drama. A very fun read!
I didn't realize that this book was the second in a series. With that being said, I didn't feel like I was missing any of the story and could completely follow along. Who doesn't love a story in lovely city of lights Paris? Right?!

The author takes you on a wonderful journey through Paris with Amy who goes to Paris without her husband and sets off on quite an adventure. Will she stay? Will she be happy? The story doesn't leave you hanging!

This was a great read and I would totally recommend it to my friends. I can't wait to read the rest of the series!
This is a follow up the first novel also set in Paris. I love the vivid descriptions of Paris life and culture. The food,, people and history are all here and its a feast for the reader. Especially those of us who have never been to Paris. I like the plot, supporting charcters and enjoyable romp through Paris life. This is a strong follow up for all who enjoy books centered in Paris.  The author has included a delightful recipe straight from Paris at the end !
Thank you for the ARC.
With a stale marriage Amy slips away to Paris.  Enjoyable travels through Paris.  Great taste of the culture and food and love. Loved watching Amy grow into herself and find family and love in unexpected Paris.  Hard to put the book down.
Many Thanks to Net-Galley and the publisher for an advanced e-copy. This did not affect my rating.
*3/5*

First, I didn't realize this was a second book - but the author catches you up right away..
Amy is living in Paris. She is pregnant with the child of her husband with whom she hasn't spoken to in months. She flew to Paris after a major life event - without telling her husband. They had a huge fight, and she went back to Paris and is living with some wonderfully eccentric friends..

The writing is good, and the descriptions of Paris made me want to visit there even more than before (which is saying a lot because I have wanted to visit Paris for years and years..)  But I did not love Amy as a main character. I just couldn't get behind most of her actions, and she could be selfish..

Overall, it was a fast paced contemporary woman lit book.