Romanov

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 15 Mar 2018

I absolutely loved this book!
I received this ARC from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

The title drew me in first. I spent 18 months of my college life heavily immersed in Russian history, so anything with "Romanov" immediately gets my attention. While the blurb says nothing about vampires, this is a vampire book and the omission is likely one of the reasons I decided to pick it up (I usually ignore vampire stories). I was intrigued by the premise and jumped right in.

This book is rather confusing at the start. We're jumping around and meeting all the players and getting established in this mystical Manhattan (which, by the ways works so well). Once we know our cast, we're off and the pace doesn't stop until the end. I felt this novel could have...

See Full Review
I love Russian history, so I was happy to read this based on the title alone. This is a fun read! Very exciting!
DNF - I sadly couldn't get into this one. I have rather high standards for vampire stories and this unfortunately didn't meet them.
I wasn't a huge fan of this. The plot felt overdone and the characters lost my interest.
What a great concept and it kinda disappointed me, I really enjoyed reading this book but there were way too many plots. I kinda felt this was like an alternate reality
I would not recommend this book. There is no apparent internal logic to the story, contradicts itself a lot, and I'm still not sure how the Romanovs survived the assassination to become vampires much less anything else in the book. I'm as clueless now as I was when I started it.

This is another vampire tale with the focus being on four members of the Romanov family; Nicholas, Alexi, Alexandra and Anastasia who were turned shortly before the revolution. There are lots of supernatural elements in this story and another familiar character. I really wanted to like this more than I did, but found it somewhat silly. The ending was very different and surprising and is the reason it is getting this rating., but it still wasn't enough to save the book because it is so unrealistic. The only reason I finished it was because it was an ARC.

2.25/5 STARS: **I received a free digital ARC in exchange for an honest, unbiased review. I sincerely thank the author and/or...

See Full Review

*Thanks to NetGalley, The publisher, and author for providing me with this book for a unbiased review*

Hello Fellow Readers,

With a gorgeous cover and a really great summary I wanted to quickly dive into what I thought was going to be a great book. Unfortunately this book just isn't for me. I found myself bored and disconnected from characters. The romance angle, in my opinion, started a bit too quickly and while the action scenes were okay I just could not get myself completely into them.

I did enjoy the philosophical parts, a sort of look at humans and their lack of interest in the world around them. It added a bit of depth, but still not for me. The main character Anna lacked...

See Full Review

Spoilers included in this review: I repeat, spoilers included in this review. Read at your own risk.

Romanov follows the Romanov family of vampires as the run from their past enemy. The snippet of the book sounds promising but the book falls flat. The writing is actually really terrible. The book is all over the place. There are multiple storylines. Some don't even matter to the book. It's like a short story put in the book that doesn't even really relate. They are just adding text. Also, these are vampires that are over 100 years old but the way they act and talk is very generic. This is supposed to be a royal family in Russia before they move to Seattle. They act like...