Romanov

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: Not set

*Thanks to NetGalley, The publisher, and author for providing me with this book for a unbiased review*

Hello Fellow Readers,

With a gorgeous cover and a really great summary I wanted to quickly dive into what I thought was going to be a great book. Unfortunately this book just isn't for me. I found myself bored and disconnected from characters. The romance angle, in my opinion, started a bit too quickly and while the action scenes were okay I just could not get myself completely into them.

I did enjoy the philosophical parts, a sort of look at humans and their lack of interest in the world around them. It added a bit of depth, but still not for me. The main character Anna lacked...

See Full Review

Spoilers included in this review: I repeat, spoilers included in this review. Read at your own risk.

Romanov follows the Romanov family of vampires as the run from their past enemy. The snippet of the book sounds promising but the book falls flat. The writing is actually really terrible. The book is all over the place. There are multiple storylines. Some don't even matter to the book. It's like a short story put in the book that doesn't even really relate. They are just adding text. Also, these are vampires that are over 100 years old but the way they act and talk is very generic. This is supposed to be a royal family in Russia before they move to Seattle. They act like...

See Full Review