Let It Bleed

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 15 Feb 2018

This is certainly a well-written collection of poetry and lyric essays. Having had to write both of these types of literature myself I can really appreciate how difficult and complex they can be, and can affirm that Nesca's writing is very strong. That said, I had trouble relating to a lot of the text on a personal level so even though I felt the writing was well done I just didn't connect like I would have liked to have.

Let it Bleed by Nicole Nesca is a collection of prose and poetry. Nesca was born in Ohio. She developed a love of music, painting and writing early on and continued that love throughout her adult life. While living in Canada, she completed her first three works of poetry and prose collected in the anthology piece, KAMIKAZE WHITE NOISE, and her latest release of poems, Diamond Scarred Alley. She has been published in several E-Zines and has been a part of two anthologies.

Nesca grew up about an hour down the road from me and a decade later. The first thing I noticed about the prose writing is that a decade apart in Northern Ohio is not significant. For me, it was a trip back to the late 70s...

See Full Review