The Wrong Sister

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 02 Mar 2018

I would give this book 3.5 stars.

This book has a really interesting premise and I really enjoyed the writing.

Unfortunately I found the book pretty predictable and I didn't really enjoy the ending but the story did take me on a fun ride.
Wow - I did not see that ending coming.  In this book we meet Tess, her sister Mimi, and her parents. I couldn't stop reading this book as I needed to know what was happening next.  Recommended.
3 1/2 stars

Sometimes a stranger isn't a stranger at all...

For Tess this is her reality is shaken as her doppelganger walks into her life claiming to be her twin. Only Tess doesn't has a sister or does she? Is Mimi the answer to her mum disappearing and can she give shy Tess the courage to dig up the past?

Woods really surprised me with this one. Just when you think you have a grip on what is going on, a sudden twist shakes it all up again. Fast paced and changing timeline will keep you from putting this book down. And as always nothing is as it seems.
What an invigorating read.  It keeps you guessing and 2nd guessing.  The twists keep on coming.  Utterly fantastical.  One of those stories that are so wrong that it is sp right!
The Wrong Sister by author T.E.Woods is a shocking psychological thriller which I really enjoyed. I don't post spoilers, but the beginning chapters of the book seemed to go along very mildly and simple, then the story begins to lead the reader to the hook. What if you were driving down a street and happened to see someone who looks very much like yourself? And a day or two later you see this person again, would you be curious enough to find the identity of your doppelganger? That is what happens to Tess.
As she begins to pursue the woman who looks almost identical to herself, Tess begins to question her past and why her mother suddenly left her at the age of twelve. She uncovers more events which bring more mystery into her life. The bizarre Mimi who thinks she and Tess must be identical twins adds the psychological twist to an unsettling suspense story which will have you reading until the last page without taking a break!
I did think the ending was a bit abrupt but other than that, I loved it!
Thank you to NetGalley and the Publisher for the opportunity to read and review this book.
When Tess sees a woman walking down the street who looks identical to her she is intrigued and so the next time she sees her she stops her and as they talk they start to realise they are identical twins separated at birth........ but is one the good twin and one the bad one?

A good psychological thriller with plenty of twists and turns to keep your interest
A very intriguing psychological thriller that had me hooked from the start. At times it reminded me of The Evil Twin and Return of the Evil Twin in Sweet Valley High, but that’s not a bad thing as I loved those books!
The twist is good but it felt like it was given away s but too easily.
I’d definitely read more by this author.
Thank you to Netgalley for the chance to read this book.
Boy, am I glad that's over.

Imagine driving down the street one day and you notice someone walking by that is your exact image, your doppelganger if you will. Well, that's what happens to Tess Kincaid. The book begins with her being questioned at the police station. You know that some one has died but you don't know who. We then flash back to when Tess introduces her self to her look-alike Mimi and here we find out how this relationship came to be and ultimately what has led to Tess being questioned at the police station.

Let's start with I hated Tess. Her character never grew on me. One minute she's sweet as pie and the next minute she was bitter, angry, and whiny. I wanted to reach into the pages and smack her. I also didn't like Mimi. She was exhausting.

The dynamics between the detective and psychologist that are questioning her seemed so unbelievable. The detective is a huge a-hole and the psychologist tells him off several times while interviewing Tess. I get the whole good cop / bad cop thing but this just seemed ridiculous.

Honestly, it was all just too far fetched. The twists at the end only made me roll my eyes.

Thank you to NetGalley and Kensington Books for providing me with a digital ARC in exchange for my honest review.
4.5 stars.  Excellent thriller with an original premise.  I liked how this book took place, it made reading engaging, it also made you wonder "what would I do" during the book and at the end, with that final twist of the story it keeps your mind spinning a few days!  Great read!
This was thrilling in the greatest of ways. I couldn't guess any of the twists and turns and it left me stunned long after I was finished.
Kensington Books and NetGalley provided me with an electronic copy of The Wrong Sister.  I was under no obligation to review this book and my opinion is freely given.

One afternoon in Madison, Wisconsin, Tess Kincaid sees her double walking down the street.  It is uncanny how much Mimi Winslow looks like her and the pair soon uncover some unsettling information.  As her father is basically housebound and refuses to talk about the past, Tess has no choice but to take Mimi's lead on how to figure out the truth.  When the police start to ask puzzling questions, will Tess have the answers they seek?

I did like the premise and the character of Tess, but the format of the book was predictable and familiar.  The author employed the tactic of using a police interview to tease out the parts of the story that were essential, which just shows the whole story instead of letting it unfold naturally.  The twist at the ending was shocking, but did not make that much sense in the overall context of the book.  It was as if the author wanted to end the book with a certain plot twist, but did not put enough into the story itself to back it up.  I liked The Wrong Sister, but would have been even better with a little more meat to the plot.
Wow, this was a highly enjoyable psychological that is sure to have readers on the edge of their seats! I really enjoyed how this book switched scenes and the timelines. It left you guessing and urged you to read faster! The characterisation was fantastic and the plot was fast and steady at the same time. This was a great book in so many ways. The only reason that I am not giving it a full five stars is because I figured out the big twist very early on. Thanks so much Kensington for this opportunity!
4.5 whaaat? Stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟.5

What would you think if you saw your identical twin walking down the street? And  you don’t have an identical twin? Would you hunt her down and confront her? Would you have drinks with her? Would you question everything you’ve ever known about your life? Well that is what Tess did....

Tess has a quiet life, she works at a library, and takes care of her alcoholic father.... her mother left her father and her when she was 12 and she feels tremendous guilt.... she thinks she  drove her mother  away and consequently ruined her father’s life.... A lot for a girl of 12 to put on herself....

Mimi, Tess’s doppelgänger has had quite the different life.... she is a recent graduate from Tufts with a PhD in history, interviewing for a job as a professor at the local university.... after meeting and deciding to have drinks, the girls discover they have more in common than just their looks.... they have the same birthday, their mothers have the same first name, and did I mention they look identical? What is going on?

This book had my head spinning.... Tess is being interviewed in a Police Station about a body... and the story is told in flashback scenes, in bits and pieces.... I had so many theories it  was crazy..... but nothing had my head spinning more than the truth.... what an ending... an ending I needed to read twice.....

Strongly recommend to my psychological thriller loving friends.... absolutely join Mimi and Tess on the journey to find out what the heck is going on? What is the truth?

*** thank you so much to the publisher and Net Galley for a copy of this fabulous book ***
Another remarkable book by T. E. Woods. The twist at the end was especially surprising. She is a master of suspense and storytelling. I'm proud to say that I have now read all her books and looking forward to the next.
The Wrong Sister

Tess and Mimi are twin sisters separated at birth. Supposedly Mimi is the good twin and Tess not so good. Tess’s mom leaves when Tess is 12 and her father who used to be a university professor starts drinking heavily and now has lost all chances for a job so he is existing on a small trust from his father. Even though we have been told that Tess has an anger problem her behavior towards Mimi at the lake seems totally out of line. I just felt kind of lost with Tess’s reaction towards John when he asks about her father and then John’s reaction when she tells him that she hasn’t seen Mimi for two days like she’s supposed to keep him updated. Halfway through the book I have “grown weary” waiting for the action to begin. Everything so far has been telling and there’s no end in sight. The telling takes place in a police interrogations room and we are not sure whose body has been found or if they believe Tess to be responsible.  One thing that really bothered me was the description of 12-year-old Tess hiding behind the curtains. It just doesn’t seem plausible for a kid that age not to come up with a better hiding place. This would be something a 4-5 year old would do. Of course later we find out why she had to be 12. I didn’t like the ending and even though I read the book in one day I am not sure I would recommend it. I received this book from #NetGalley for my unbiased review.
The Wrong Sister by T.E. Woods is a thriller that the main character, Tess Kincaid, finds herself in a police station answering questions at the start of the book. As Tess answers the story begins to be told in these flashes back from the moment she first saw a woman who looked exactly like her and went to introduce herself.

Tess and Mimi find that looks are not the only thing the pair shares between them. They both have the same birthday and then apparently even the same mother who had left Tess as a child. How is this possible? Are they twins who have been separated? And what other secrets could their parents have hidden from them all their lives?

The story within the pages of this book was one that flowed nicely and was easy to become completely engaged in while reading. The way it’s set up with a glimpse of the “current” being an interrogation you know things will escalate and it’s a matter of patience until getting there while the layers of the story unfold.

I will say that I had made a big guess with this one fairly early on and that sort of works out in the end but the author made sure to throw in a few extra twists that kept it exciting nonetheless. With the fact that I flew through this one and enjoyed my time reading it I’m still giving this one 4.5 stars regardless of some things seeming a bit obvious to me.

I received an advance copy from the publisher via NetGalley.
The moment that Tess Kincaid's eye catch a glimpse of a familiar face walking down the street, she can't help but be intrigued, it's like looking in a mirror, her and this stranger share the same face. She has always heard that somewhere in the world there is someone who looks just like you, but this is far to real, and a little more than unnerving. She wants to make contact with her, just to see what other similarities they share, and once she works up the nerve to casually bump into her a few days later, things take a turn she never expected. Her and her twin have far more in common than she ever anticipated, and she has a hard time wrapping her mind around the fact that they might be related somehow... But before she can delve too deep into their shared pasts, a body appears in a local marsh, and Tess finds herself tangled up in dangerous territory!!

The Wrong Sister is a spellbinding tale that will have you completely mesmerized from the very first chapter, and with each page that follows things just continue to get more engrossing! This was a first time read for me, and I have to say that I walked away more than a little impressed, every time I thought I had a handle on things, there was another surprise waiting for me! It was a suspenseful read, riddled with gut-wrenching emotion, and a few twists and turns that are sure to mess with your mind! If you are a thrilling suspense lover, then you will really enjoy this one, it's sure to give you just what you are looking for, and so much more!

I requested an advanced copy of this title from NetGalley, and voluntarily read and reviewed it.
Tess Kincaid lives a simple life.. she lives alone, cares for her father and works in the local library. One day she stumbles across a woman who s the spitting image of herself...and who has the same birthday and mothers name as  Tess. Could she have a secret twin sister? Then a body is found and things start to get interesting..

This was my first book by this author and I did really enjoy it. Thanks to Kensington Books and NetGalley for an advanced copy of this book to read and enjoy in exchange for my honest opinions
Thank you NetGalley for the opportunity to preview The Wrong Sister by TE Woods.
A young woman who lives on her own sees a woman who looks exactly like her - so she follows this young woman, and they share stories and decide perhaps they are related!
I am struggling with this review - I liked the book, but it drove me crazy reading it.  There are alot of details and some were not necessary and I found myself skimming to get to the end.
The Wrong Sister was just ok for me - the ending was good, but this one was just too many words that didn't mean much to the reader.
What starts out as a seemingly simple mystery, turns into a full fledged Psychological Suspense.  Kudos to Woods for leading us on a journey through twists and turns that you might or might not have seen coming.  The puzzle pieces are all there but the clues are extremely subtle making this a very enjoyable read!  One you won’t really want to put down until the very last word.  Well done!!