Trusting Danger

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 19 Feb 2018

I received an arc from Netgalley. Claire and Gabe’s story is one of resilience, danger and tough love. There is a lot of action and danger in this book but the love story intertwined is beautiful.

Author did a great job of delivering a book that kept us on the edge of our seats while providing a story of hope for love. Great read.
3 1/2 stars

Trusting Danger is a romance right off the bat while there is suspense it is a romance as the two leads Grayson and Claire refuse to accept that they have feeling for each other.

The authors are able to create a picture with remorse, sadness, romance and action. While it wasn't perfect and I was lost even though I was told it was a stand alone novel I think readers would benefit from reading the first in the series.

Thank you to Netgalley and Altapoint Publishing for the copy of Trusting Danger.
This book had loads of twist and turns and loads of action and adventure to keep you glued to your computers. The authors has done such a outstanding job with this book and should be so proud of this story they have written. I hadn’t read the first book in this series but that didn’t matter as this was such a fantastic book to read anyway. Definitely going to get the first book in this series and looking forward to more by these authors and this series in the future. I would totally recommend

Grayson is undercover trying to infiltrate a major drug ring. Instead of getting closer to the supplier he is offered a different job of kidnapping a senator's daughter. Reporting immediately to his superior to find and protect her.
Claire is doing her best to balance everything in her life. Law student who is working with her professor on a case involving a kid who got caught selling meth. Rushing to and from wherever her father's campaign need her. Girlfriend to a very successful business. So being taken into custody by federal agents is not what she expects.
Having to leave for Grayson's dying mom , once he returns he finds that the safe house has been...

See Full Review
I both enjoyed and disliked this read. I like romance with a dash of mystery. This read is a mystery with a dash of romance. Our h and H don't even act on their attraction until 70% of the book is over. This was too slow of a build up for me as I like stories where we get to the romance relatively quickly. So while this wasn't a terrible read, it just wasn't for me.

3.5 Stars

I bemoaned the other day about romantic suspense novels using the “suspense” plot as a means to get the characters together and then basically dropping it. I was ready to give up hope of finding one I enjoyed. And then Trusting Danger fell into my lap.

I thought Jaynes and Simonian did a great job at keeping the mystery of who wanted Claire kidnapped a secret. They threw in a few red herrings and while I had some suspicions, I was never completely sure who it was.

I struggled with liking Claire at first, but she grew on me as I learned more about her. Grayson, on the other hand, hooked me from the start. Their romance is a bit hate to love that gradually builds. I thought...

See Full Review