Promise Me Always

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 22 Feb 2018

This book was everything I wanted to read
The characters were interesting
This is second chance romance, between two people who have been in love for many years. Can they have life together or is the past going to keep them apart.

I like the chemistry between them and the story is warm and lovely.
You know how you just can't get into some books? This was on of those
Wow! Let me start by saying this is my 1st read by Ms. Shaw. I read the blurb and said ok lets see what she's got and I did not regret it one bit. I would recommend her books to my friends any day, I actually have already this one. PMA was an emotional book it wasn't your typical book where it shows the prologue at the beginning no she reverts back thru out the book and I think that is great. You also get an in depth view of both Gabby and Danny's POV. In PMA you will see what its like to live in the hood, deal with gangs, heartache, forgiveness and happiness. So many emotions but you will love it.

Danny lives in the hood and has never had a home life because his mother left when he was little and his father is a junkie and alcoholic . All he's trying to do is avoid joining a gang because he wants to make it big as a rapper. Gabrielle's from the rich side of town until her father commits suicide because he has wracked up all kinds of debt, so then with her mother and sister, they move into Danny's neighborhood. All Gabrielle wants to do is go to Julliard to study ballet. It doesn't take long for Danny and Gabrielle's friendship to turn into more, but in the end Danny breaks her heart. Six years later they meet by chance ... and this time Danny will do...

See Full Review
I have to say this book was one of the best I've ever read on Netgalley. It had everything I love to read in this novel. I can't say much more than that. But I will be looking for more books from this author.
I lived how tjis book took you 6 years into the past with Danny and Gabrielle and then also into the present day to show uou that even though things were hard they are so worth fighting for and finding again.

Gabrielle and Danny met six years prior to present day when Gabrielle moved to a new neighborhood and new high school. During their relationship previously, they started out as, well, basically nothing. After a while a friendship developed, which quickly turned into something more. This is a classic story of boy from the wrong side of the tracks meets good girl and the two fall in love. The story would have been good if it ended there.

Six years later we get bits and pieces of what caused the two of them to fall apart and the story is very involved. Danny has become a world famous rapper and Gabrielle has become a single mom with a child - Danny's child, Dani, a little girl the...

See Full Review
I’m sorry this one wasn’t for me IDF it may be what others are looking for
A beautiful second chance romance that may just leave you a little misty eyed. Promise Me Always is an amazing read. It takes you on a journey of Gabrielle and D "Danny". Young love can sometimes lead to stupid things. And that is what happens with Danny listening to his friends. The love they share is evident that you can't help but see that he was just trying to protect Gabrielle. A chance meeting brings this young love back together years later. It is so beautiful to see the changes in Danny once he meets his daughter. He is such an amazing dad. I love how they fit as a family and find their way back. Truly moving.
Wow. What an emotional story this was!

Your heart will hurt, soar and hope for the best for these amazing characters..... they are dealt with a bunch of heartache... and so much more than a normal couple should endure. But can it work out in the end?

I loved and adored D and Gabrielle. They were intense and no matter how long it's been they are still in love..... I adored D as a father and loved the story from start to finish!!!

4 stars from me.

Recv'd a copy via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Second chance romance.  He's a successful rap music artist. Some potential triggers: scenes of violence and attempted rape.

This review is based on the ARC received from the author and/ or the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest opinion.

There are different types of family. The one that creates you, the ones that are always there no matter what and the ones you create. Family that builds you to be the best version of yourself not the kind that tears you down because family can do that too. Growing up in the hood, Danny dreamed of getting out . His friends know how talented he is and knows that one day he will become great with hard work and focus . Through determination and hard work, he gets there and out of the home where his father hates him and his mother abandoned him but also his one true love who he walked away from.
Gabby always believed in Danny,so when he made it big she was not surprised. But the boy who was...

See Full Review
Promise Me Always had the makings of a book I was sure to love, but as I started and got more into Gabrielle and Danny's story I felt again and again that he didn't deserve her. He seemed to make bad decision after bad decision but wanted everything to be perfect. While enjoyable to some I did not love their dynamic. For those who want a quick, easy read with no small amount of brooding and love then this is definitely the book for you.
I enjoyed this read by Ms. Shaw, who is a new author to me. The story had the right amount of passion, romance, conflict, and angst. I didn't like the character of Danny that much at first, but he definitely grew on me. I was sympathetic to his upbringing and it helped me to see it played a huge part in who he was and made me understand him more.I liked Gabrielle and how much faith she had in Danny and how she showed him he deserved to be loved. This was a great read and one I'd recommend.
This was showing how strong love is. Fate wanted Danny and Gabrielle to be together. All those obstacles were placed to show how strong their relationship is. I loved this story and how it came about.