Trapped

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 28 Feb 2018

Trapped is a story of abduction, rape and mental anguish.
I gave it a 3* because although it was a good story I think the author could have done a bit better with the ending.
Was I a bit shocked by who the two abductors were? Yes. However, there were times when I thought it very well could have been at least one of them.
I will read the next book, Survive, and see how that I like that story
I gave this book, Trapped by Sally Mason 3 stars. Thank you Netgalley for allowing me to read this ARC book for my honest opinion.
Trapped deals with Kelsey, a girl that was kidnapped and raped and her attackers one who she doesn't even know who he is and the other one, Jed gets off because of mishandling of the case. There were alot of good elements in this book but some of the other story elements seem a little farfetched for me  though to really believe it.  The characters are interesting for the most part and they do draw you into the story,  if your looking for a quick, interesting read this may fit the bill for you.

Oh My Gosh! This book is amazing. The strength Kelsey showed only to have it beaten down over & over again. First she goes through the worst thing a woman could go through. Just to have justice ruined & then just when she starts to get her life back together she get thrown back into the worst thing again. Only to find out the worst thing!! I didn't figure out who "Napoleon" was until halfway through the book which is odd for me.

This is a very graphic & adult book. As the beginning page says:

Trigger Warning: This story includes relevant social topics such as anxiety, self-harm, and depression, as well as references to rape/abuse. Do not read if you find any of...

See Full Review

This book starts out with the main character kelsey trying to get her life back together after she was kidnapped beaten and raped by two men. She is constantly reliving the past which give flashbacks of what happens after she sees her kidnapper Jed back in town. When Kelsey's friend Hallie is taken her only way to make sure that she is alright is to go back to her kidnapper Jed and Napolion. I think that the flashbacks were the most creative way to write the story, and the transitions between her past and her current present were seamless. I really enjoyed the story it was a dark book which I haven't read in a while but I found it very interesting. While Kelsey is not physically...

See Full Review

I liked certain elements, but others felt like the author was trying to squeeze too much into her book. It dealt with rape, and I think that was done well, for the most part, as far as the after effects of it. The self-blame, the depression, and feelings like that. Especially since Kelsey's second abductor and rapist wasn't known to her or police, her fear and distrust were very genuine.
But then the drugs, gangs, dea... it was all too much and I feel, didn't really fit the story at times.
There's a little romance with another character who has a pretty tragic backstory, but it's pretty on and off, for good reason.
The level of mystery concerning the second...