Angela Cray Gets Real

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 09 Mar 2018

***I received an e-copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. Thank you for this opportunity.***

This was a great book. The story was captivating and kept me interested throughout. Can’t wait for more from this author.
This was a good adventure story with a strong female protagonist working to reset her life and make something for herself by going back to Pheonix and see how far she wants to go in order to succeed.
An interesting enough premise of party girl having to use ingenuity and well-honed skills at finding low lives did not deliver for me.  I did try, honestly I did, but the voice, the easy assumptions and banter were so off-putting that I could not get past the first chapter.  I am sorry about this --  this could have been funny, sharp, sardonic....
4.45 awesome stars

I loved this book.

Angela is not your regular female protagonist but more like an anti-hero. She is more out of jobs than in jobs. But she is a very likeable and warmhearted gal.
When her neighbour and friend the elderly Iona passes suddenly away Monalisa, her granddaughter and lawyer, moves into the house and offers Angela to investigate a missing fiancee for one of her clients. She is not going to screw up this job and is gung-ho to find him no matter what it takes... And, whoa it takes a lot....
Angela doesn't always make the smartest decisions but that just contributes to the fun of this roller coaster ride.
When I read the description I did not expect to like the story as much as I did! A wonderful surprise.

A great first installment in this series and I can't wait to meet Angela again.

I requested this book from NetGalley and am thankful that Xpresso Book Tours and the author provided me with a copy.