The Other Woman

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 21 Aug 2018

Pammie is every bride-to-be's worst nightmare. But when Emily suspects that Pammie's intentions are darker than they seem, Emily isn't just fighting for her future marriage to Adam--she's fighting for her life.

The story revolves around Emily and Adam's upcoming nuptials as they find themselves swept into a whirlwind romance. But every step of the way is blocked by Pammie, the mother-in-law from hell. Snide remarks. Mysterious payments to Adam. A ruined bridal shower. A string of obstacles all surrounding Pammie. Emily's wedding doesn't look like it's going to happen, but Emily will stop at nothing to keep Adam close...but Pammie apparently feels the same as she does everything to sabotage the big day.

A riveting psychological thriller with a great twist.
I found this a little contrived and predictable but the twists and turns will make it appealing for readers of books on the lighter end of domestic or pyschological suspense
So Emily has met the man of her dreams and she hadn't even been looking. He's good-looking, successful, and loves her. Sure, he dotes on his mother and she dotes on him, but Pammie was a young widow who raised two sons all by herself. When she meets Pammie, Adam's mother, the welcome is less than warm and fuzzy. Pammie goes out of her way to make snide comments when the two of them are alone, play the helpless female and all around make Emily miserable. Emily is determined to not let Pammie come between her and Adam and digs her feet in for the fight of her life. I enjoyed this book; I thought it was a little long and dragged a bit but a good read for fans of this genre.
DNF

I really wanted to like this one, but couldn't get into it.
I ended up skimming to the end to see if it was worth it and I didn't think it was.
The twist seems to only exist to be shocking, but it wasn't believable in this context. It would also help if the main character wasn't so absolutely whiny about everything.
This, again, isn’t a thriller, not even a domestic thriller, it’s a cheap romance book with a «thrilling» twist. This book is the reason why domestic thriller genre has such a bad overall view, when they are actually very good one. I get why people would like it, but to classified it as a thriller is misleading. I f you love romance and when something a bit, a very thin bit, darker then that should do it, but if you love thriller and dark/weird twist then stay await from this one. It’s all depending what you’re looking for!
So thrilling and suspenseful. Had me subconsciously reading ahead just to see what would happen next. It was a bit predictable and unoriginal at times, but it still kept me hooked. Really enjoyed it.
I was pretty let down by this book. The overall storyline and plot were intriguing, but I think the writing wasn't quite up to par to tell the story. Throughout the story I knew that Emily was supposed to be madly in love with Adam and that his mother Pamela supposedly hated her, but really the book only told me that and lacked a lot of details to show that. This might have been a tactic of the writer that the narrator really couldn't even convince the reader of these facts let alone a friend to help her. However, that feels like a bit of an excuse. The final twist of the story is really what saved this story for me, but that's mostly because I didn't see it coming. That was somewhat because I was distracted as to why I should be believe the narrator though. Not the worst book I've ever read, but I don't think I would pick up another book by this author in the near future.
I really enjoyed this. You have a couple navigating their relationship and what comes along with it. Then you have a mother in law that wants you out at all costs. How Emily would fare against her monster in law and Adam had me sweating bullets. Great read!
I was really looking forward to this book but the beginning of this book bored me to tears and the rest of the book had me wondering what was it about Emily that made her such a glutton for punishment. The twist at the end was unexpected.
First I will say this was really well written, I like this author's style and will read more from her.  Second I will say this story is a bit predictable, until it isn't.  When you think you know exactly where it's going, it's a little gross and a little like "oh, I've read this before" because it seems pretty formulaic.  Then it takes a turn, which I had a nagging thought it might, but only in a way that made me think there was more than meets the eye to some of the characters, not in a way I was expecting.  I will also caution the female lead in this story is sometimes hard to take, there were many times I was yelling at her for her choice of action, or lack thereof (spoiler?).  I do recommend it, but not so much you should run right out and get it immediately.
Grab your beach towel and get ready to read a great book for the summer! A devilishly fun psychological book.
Emily Havistock finds Adam Banks quite attractive and after they hit it off at the bar the two seem to be spending more time together time passes by and Emily is excited that maybe she has finally found “the one.” Her best friends are excited for her and Emily is thrilled when Adam finally wants her to meet his mother.

Pammie is not quite the person Emily was expecting and before too long she realizes that in Adam’s eyes Pammie can do no wrong so she better learn to make the most of her relationship with his mom. It’s just that it is so hard when it seems every effort is thwarted by Pammie.

Emily is starting to feel resentful of Pammie because she feels she’s always being upstaged by her. Wait until you see what Pammie does at a family event the couple is hosting. Still Emily perseveres and thinks eventually Adam will come to her side and realize just how unfair his mom is to Emily.

Why Emily put up with so much from Adam and Pammie is beyond me but it sure does make for a fun read. Yes, I think the story could be a bit over the top at times but frankly, it was almost fun to see what Pammie would be up to next in her attempt to keep Emily away from Adam. If you enjoy domestic thrillers give this one a try.
Im finally getting around to all these psychological thrillers that have been sitting on my shelf and this one left me a bit indifferent. A suspenseful read with twists and turns... it was just ok
Boy, this was a very readable and very twisty book!  Right when I thought I knew what was going to happen, the author threw me for a loop with one of her many plot and character twists.  Two words that kept coming to mind while I was reading this book were paranoia and monomania.

The Other Woman is an excellent read, especially with its unexpected ending, and I highly recommend it.
The Other Woman is a twisty psychological thriller that kept me guessing! Looking forward to more from this debut author! And the marketing campaign was brilliant!
Yessssss Sadie Jones ten times Yesss! Suspense. Emotions. Great great read! Amzingly written. I read it a while ago and failed to post my review but I just remember not being able to put it down. So much greatness.
This book's fine.

That's the problem. A fine plot, but the characters are a bit trite. Pacing's slow, not fast, wrapping itself at the final chapter. Why wait to the end to showcase a resolution that would've worked sooner?

But, it's fine.

If that's your thing. 3/5
The Other Woman by Sandie Jones is a believably intense & perplexing book.
Get ready for the MOTHER-IN-LAW horror story.  This story revolves around  Emily, her boyfriend Adam and his mother Pammie. Emily and Adam  meet & fall in love. Be prepared for Pammie, the conniving MIL. She seems to be kind and sweet, except when Emily is around. This brings Emily to believe that Pammie wants her out of their lives, but doesn't understand why.
No one really believes what Emily says about Pammie, especially not Adam.  How will this end?  You should read to find out.
Emily, Adam and other woman... Pammie...
Emily and Adam falls in love quickly.  (Emily is a bit push and falls head over heels within couple of month) She recommends she meets his mother.. There everything begins.  (Not to give more)
While reading, I wanted Emily to leave Adam but she kept going back even though she seems very unhappy and keeps blaming herself.  And what about Noah, Adam's brother keeps calling her.  Talk about dysfunctional family dynamic...
Even though I didn't like most of the characters, I couldn't put it down so I could find out if Emily will find another way to be happy.

It was our book club pick.  (I recommended this book) Most of our group agreed on one thing- we all hated all the characters especially Emily and Adam.  Yet most of us did finished it.  Some of our bookclub buddies predicted the ending but I didn't.  I had to finish to the end to see what happens and it kept me up at night.  It was not what I expected (at least for me).  I would recommend for anybody who enjoys twist.
Thanks to netgalley and St. Martin's press for my ARC in exchange for honest review
I really enjoyed this book! I'm usually pretty good at guessing the ending, but I didn't see this one coming at all.