The chapters in this were far too short to go into enough detail to be of any use to aspiring writers.  It simply tries to do too much in too few words.  There was nothing that a cursory Google search couldn't tell you.  A book like this needs to give the detail that you can't get elsewhere, and I simply didn't feel that it provided enough to actually satisfy myself that I knew more after finishing it than I did before.
This will certainly be another aspiring author's bible but, for me, this too briefly touched upon the areas I was interested in discovering more about. The short chapters seemed far too brief for me to garner much from and I was left with more questions than answers, as terms and statements were dropped and swiftly moved on from.
#TheBusinessOfWriting:PracticalInsightsForIndependent,Hybrid,AndTraditionallyPublishedAuthors #NetGalley

publisher synopsis: 2018 Edition
Have you written a book but don’t know how to go about getting it published? Have you published a book but are hunting for more ways to improve your bottom line? Are you looking to distribute it in additional editions or sales channels?
The Business of Writing: Practical Insights for Independent, Hybrid, and Traditionally Published Authors is the go-to guide for everyone wishing to start—or jump-start—their writing careers.
Whether you write fiction or nonfiction, discover the answers to such questions as:
—Do I really need to incorporate, what “flavor” of company should I set up, and how do I take the plunge?
—How do I manage my writing expenses and taxes?
—What is an ISBN, where do I get one, and how many will I need?
—What is an imprint and how do I establish one for my books?
—What decisions must I face in the prepublication phase?
—Do I need to register my book’s copyright and how do I accomplish it? What about using other copyrighted materials?
—How on earth do I condense my 100K-word book to a 300-word description, let alone a 20-word tagline?
—How do I select the best keywords for my book?
—What makes for a great cover and how can I get one?
—What do I need to know about book formatting, print as well as digital?
—How can I turn my book into an audiobook?
—How do I develop and refine my author brand?
—How can I land invitations to speak at conferences and conventions?
—I use several pseudonymns. How do I manage them all?
—What’s an ARC? A media kit? A book trailer? A blog tour?
—Do I really need to start a blog? Send out a newsletter? Dive into social media? Give away my books?
—How do I price my book? Should I pick one price or vary it? Where are the best places to advertise my sale events?
—How much is all of this going to cost me??
If you’re feeling overwhelmed by the publication and promotion process, let award-winning, critically acclaimed author Kim Iverson Headlee give you the practical wisdom you need to stay on task and perhaps even come out ahead.
Table of Contents
2B. Professional Editing
2C. Using Photographs and Other Copyrighted Materials in Your Book
2D. Crafting the Book Description
2E. The Book Cover
2E1. What Makes for a Great Cover Design?
2E2. E-book Cover Specifics
4A2. Media Kit Overview
4A3. Social Media Overview
4A4. Blog Tours, Facebook Parties, and the Like 4A5. In-Person Events
4A6. Print Media
4A7. Audio/Visual Media (Podcasts, Radio, TV)
4A8. Book Trailers
4L. Twitter Marketing for Authors
4M. Creating and Using QR Codes for Your Book
4N. Book Pricing Strategies
4O. Digital Distribution Strategies for E-books

To say the least, this book has a wealth of knowledge. I did not know all the legal ramifications for writing a book. This book was very knowledgable and very eye opening.

I received this copy from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
* I was sent a earc from netgalley in exchange for an honest review. I found this book very helpful as a new writing. I feel as if it would be a huge benefit to new authors and know that I will be referencing it as I continue the process of writing