ISAN

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: Not set

Hey, book dragons! So I have another ARC review for you all. And believe me when I say I already need book two now. Mary Ting is an amazing writer and I have to say this book is great for the YA community.

Now if you like Spies, missions and just girls kicking butt than this book is for you. I will warn though in the starting of this book its a bit hard to read/understand vs E-book, now until I get a physical copy I can’t say how it will read physically. But I am very excited to get my hands on a finished copy.

There are so many things I could say about this book, it is an action-packed book with a hint of deception a dash of romance and a girl who is just trying to figure out what the...

See Full Review

**I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own**

Ok...AMAZING!!
I just love dystopian literature, each story has similar elements, but each author uses them in their own way to create such amazing novels and Mary Ting did an amazing job. I absolutely stunned at how great this book was!!
Ava, the main character, is strong and fierce, but she has normal human flaws that make her relatable. Of course, her life experiences aren't very relatable. I mean, she's a freaking assassin!!
I liked how the book had started out about a bunch of girl being trained to be assassins, there weren't many guys in the picture, which was...

See Full Review

First I want to thank Net Galley and the publisher for letting me read an AC of this book for my honest opinion. That being said the way I look at this book is Mission Impossible, Charlie's Angels with a little Jason Bourne thrown in. I really liked the way it read and how there was never a slow down in the book and that it gave the perfect balance of action with character development. It also keep you guessing at what was going on and of course made you paranoid about everyone the main character encountered. The only thing is that I wish it would have given more back story at some points but I think that will be fixed in later books at least I hope there will be later books because I...

See Full Review
This novel is fast-paced and original. Yet somehow it gives off the feeling of trying too hard. The protagonist has a feel of 'every-one else'

On the cover is the beautiful Ava holding a kind of weapon along her body that goes up the stairs to a world in ruins.

It all starts when meteorites have devastated the land, the government divided it into four cardinal points the recoverable land. Seventeen-year-old struggling to survive finds herself in juvenile detention. She will be selected for a new life, starting from scratch if we can say. We will inject him an experimental serum that will make it better. She will end up in the program controlled by Isan: the international network of sensory assassins. During one of her missions, she will be kidnapped and will recognize her abductor, but where? She will have to be careful to stay...

See Full Review
I found the first half of the book to be pretty slow and hard to read (mostly because many things were unexplained- like why or how the present became a dystopian, and some of the assassin companies rules), but once the mysterious person from Ava's past kidnaps her, things get good.  Sniper, Ozzie and Reyna (the crew who kidnaps Ava)  form a tight knit unit, not just working well together, but you can tell that they really care about each other.  I really liked their level of loyalty toward each other, and somewhat towards Ava too.  Definitely the last half of the book compensated for its slow beginning and left me wanting to know what happens next.
Ava has been recruited from Juvie to a "government" agency that trains them to be assassins. A drug gives them temporary super human powers to complete their kills. Something feels off to Ava as she trains with her team. Unease that those in charge are not being completely honest with her. Mystery, action, nice twisty's made this an enjoyable read. Ready for book 2. I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book from Netgalley.

I thought I would love this book, but I simply didn't. The summary promised great things but the story itself wasn't that. There wasn't a lot about the world building and the plot didn't really start kicking in until nearly 50%. I found the whole book too slow.

The main character, Ava, was supposed to be ""special"" but I just couldn't like her. She was a bit naive. Sometimes it seems she thought she was better than everyone else. And her actions contrasted with her thoughts.

And the thing I disliked the most, the way the girls were always lusting after every boy they saw. Poof, a new guy introduced? He's beautiful. Everyone wants him...

See Full Review
This book was a refreshing addition to my virtual bookshelf full of dystopian books. It was a fast-paced and addictive read, with descriptions of a world so foreign from our own that it thrilled me to imagine and visualize it. All of the characters are special in their own way and work seamlessly together to create an unique and exciting reading experience.

I can't wait to read the next book in this series!
I received an ARC of this book from Netgalley in exchange for a honest review.

Unfortunately, I didn’t finish it. Around 16% into the book I got too irritated, everything was so unrealistic. The people, their behavior.... I was bored. Maybe younger readers will enjoy it more.
I liked Isan. Actually... one of the bad comment i would habe to say is that it felt like the book was too short, there is so many things that could have been explained,l, like ava’s memory loss, her background, the relashionship between the characters are incomplete, i am left with so many questions... and I get that there will most definitly be a sequel, but the authors could have put « a bit more meat on the bone ».... haha. Other than that, captivating book that made me think of the maze runner...

I received this novel from net galley and the publisher for an honest review. Thank you!!

This book was amazing!! I could not put it down!! There were several plot twists and the author kept me in such suspense. The story is written in first person point of view. Ava is part of ISAN, which stands for International Sensory Assassin Network. She was in foster care, then went to juvie, and then recruited by ISAN, like a get out of jail card. She and others have been training to handle missions designated by ISAN, thinking they are hunting and killing criminals. Ava and others are injected with Helix, an experimental serum that heightens there senses and abilities. Ava is kidnapped by a rogue...