All We Ever Wanted

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 27 Aug 2018

This is the first book by Emily Giffin that I've read. It was fast paced read and had multiple points of view that I sometimes found confusing. Overall it was a good book. I didn't like the ending, It was so obvious. I  received this copy from NetGalley in an exchange for a honest review.
Ugh one of my favorite books is something borrowed - and Giffin manages to make me fall in love with her main characters everytime. Definitely a must read!

I received this book through Netgalley and the book’s publisher, Penguin Random House.

This is a story of a common man and woman, Kirk and Nina Browning, who fall in love, get married, have a child, Finch, and strike it rich with the sell of the software business. Life seems picture perfect until Finch allegedly misused social media. The story evolves around this social media event. In the event the realization that one’s spouse isn’t who you thought they were and the impact excessive wealth may have on a family is apparent.

At times the story seems very predictable. Several times I got the feeling of “really?” (as in this wouldn’t really happen!). Because of this I didn’t rate...

See Full Review

Love this author.  Will read anything she writes.

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for allowing me to read an early copy of All We Ever Wanted by Emily Giffen. It has been quite a few years (maybe 10 years) since I've read any of Emily Giffin's books. I was very pleasantly surprised and pleased to see how mature her writing has become over the last decade. I enjoyed her earlier works (the Darcy and Rachel stories) but found a great deal of depth in All We Ever Wanted, with a very serious storyline to match. Nina is married to Tom and they are an elite, moneyed Nashville couple. Their 17 year old son, Finch, has just been admitted to Princeton. All is well, apparently, until Finch is accused of taking and sharing...

See Full Review
WOW!  this is very good book about entiledment and what can happen to people!  Guess your soul can be bought?  Innocence lost??  Be true to yourself!
As always I enjoy Emily Giffin's books.  Her writing style is easy to read, her characters are realistic and I am interested in the story she is telling.  This story really touches on current events that are happening in high schools all over America and I thought she did a good job of giving us different perspectives.

I felt the ending was a little contrived but also recognized that the topic is not an easy one to bring to resolution.  Certainly worth the read!!

4 Stars: I’ve always enjoyed reading Emily Giffin’s books…some more than others. Still, I’ve liked them well enough to know that I wanted to read them before even knowing what they were about. That was the case with All We Ever Wanted, and thanks to NetGalley and Random House/Ballantine, I was able to get my hands on an advanced readers copy and it did not disappoint! Although the story is told from three different perspectives, it mainly focuses on Nina Browning, a wife and mother in a very well off area of Nashville. Nina has spent most of her married life focusing on fundraisers, galas, balls, and other ways to “give back” some of the wealth she and her husband came into from...

See Full Review
Giffin explores an interesting issue of where one small “mistake” can rock an entire community. This is a great read that could be the catalyst of any discussion with your teenager about the dangers of technology.

I recivied a copy of this book from Netgalley in Exchance for my honest review

All We Ever Wanted combines some hot elements of pop and political culture into a mini-thriller. Throughout the book, every time you think you know the story or what’s next, there is a curve ball. This book reminds me a lot of Something Borrowed in that everyone hands are a little messy as we are all humans and this story focuses on mother, f ather and daughter ( not all from the same family) trying to figure out how to clean it up.

I feel like some of the characters were more crafted than others, but the story is unfolds perfectly letting us get more and more glimpeses of who and what is going on

I will say...

See Full Review

Thanks to NetGalley for the ARC. What can I say, but Emily Giffin’s novels and writing style have always been tops for me. So when I saw that, she had a new novel out I just couldn’t help but get excited and want to read it. Thankfully, NetGalley supplied with with an advanced copy. I literally read this in one weekend’s time and couldn’t put it down.

From the moment I began to read about Nina Browning and her seemingly charmed life for those looking from the outside in, I knew I needed to read more. See Nina married into one of the most elite and finest families in Nashville, having married Kirk Browning. But Nina came from humble and definitely not rich, elite beginnings herself. Yet...

See Full Review
Emily Giffen has delivered her finest book yet. All We Ever Wanted  may be a work of fiction, but it includes very current issues: infedility, entitlement, snobbery, illicit teen photos, gossip, courage, and redemption. The story is a moving puzzle, all the pieces line up briefly, then become jumbled until another picture emerges. Giffin writes so well, she absolutely is convincing with her character depictions. All you will want to do is read this one.

This is an absolutely fantastic, well worth your time, energy, emotion book. The characters are so well written and developed: Nina’s strength and determination; Tom’s utter belief in defending his daughter; Kirk’s absolute entitlement and elitism; Lyla’s fortitude and teen emotions; Finch’s mirroring his father’s attitude. The story is true to life for many teens: peer pressure, media nonchalance, and today’s gossip is forgotten tomorrow. In this case, the deed is too harmful for parents to brush off and therein lies the story: trust betrayed, covered up sins, glossing over by teens. It is hard stuff for a parent to swallow, easy for some teens.
This is a tough topic within a thoroughly...

See Full Review
I've read some of Emily Griffin's books and this one is definitely different than the romantic comedy approach she usually takes.  It was well-written but I wish the characters had more depth to them.  They seemed pretty superficial and I never felt like I really grew to care about what happened to them.  Even still, the topic definitely was timely and made me think about how a decision can impact so many people.
Was grateful to receive a copy of this book.  Relatable characters.  Emily Giffin books are always a pleasure.
Emik Griffin's story hooks you in and holds you there. The evil of social media and who's tale to believe. This was one page-turner I could not put down until the truth was revealed!
This is the first book by Emily Giffin that I've read. It was an easy, fast paced read and I enjoyed multiple POVs. I was disappointed that the ending took an easy way out and left with a lot of loose ends.

I received this copy from NetGalley in an exchange for a honest review.
I really enjoyed this novel and how it portrayed the same event though the eyes of each member of the families affected.  Reminded me of the old time movies and novels where good triumphs over evil.
I have to say I was disappointed in this book. I have read all of Emily Giffin's book and this didn't even seem like it was written by her. The characters weren't likeable and had no morals at all. Some of the characters seemed random and unnecessary. I also felt like there were a lot of loose ends and things that weren't explained. The subject matter is very sensitive and it felt wrong to be reading in graphic detail about the sexual activity of teenagers. The storyline seemed more suited for adult characters. I'm sad to give a bad review, but this is my honest opinion. Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for the chance to review this book!