Mercy Brown

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 16 Apr 2018

I received this book from Netgalley and publisher/author for free in exchange for an honest review.

OH WOW... This book was right up my alley. I love a book with teens and schools. But throw in some good ole Vampires and this makes a great YA read. This was a fun read. It was short since it was just a novella but seemed more like a novel. You definitely get a good book full.

Mercy Brown is a 17 year old girl just trying to get through her final year of high school but that could not happen in this book.  Mercy finds out that she is not who she thinks she is. She finds her powers and true calling.

I highly recommend this book.

Mercy Brown was a short and fun vampire read for me. I had to keep reminding myself that it was a novella, and as such it was going to develop quite a bit faster than a fully fleshed novel. I really liked the premise of the book in which a small town gets overrun with vampires and it's up to one girl to save herself and the people she cares for.

I really appreciated the different vampire references throughout the book, from Twilight to Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Now I'm not sure if the Impala was a reference to Supernatural, but I love that damn car so I am here for it.

Mercy was a pretty level headed heroine that has struggled throughout her life. She has had to deal with her...

See Full Review

For years, Mercy Brown has suffered from porphyria, otherwise known as the "vampire disease." Her pale skin will break out into a rash if exposed to sunlight for too long or if she is under stress. In her small town of 1000 people, she is known as the vampire girl. Finally, Mercy is in her last year of high school, one more year until she can ditch her alcoholic father and the bullies at her school. But, her plans come to a halt when the mysterious Sebastien arrives at her school. He is even paler than Mercy herself, and she finds herself drawn to him (along with all the other girls at her school). Sebastien isn't what he seems, and neither is his family...
Mercy Brown is a...

See Full Review
On the cover we see Mercy in the street, the moon is red in the sky.

We learn that Mercy has always been prey. She at seventeen, wanted to live her life as a normal person except that vampires attack her city. She will team up with her two friends: Amanda and Sébastien.

A beautiful story of vampires that tells the story of Mercy who loses everything she has but finds her calling in her hometown that had excluded her. A gripping story with the endearing Mercy character, eager to read more.