Unshakable Hope

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 01 Sep 2018

I am a big fan of Max Lucado. I always feel like I learn something new whenever I read one of his books.

In Unshakable Hope, Max Lucado unpacks 12 of the Bible’s most significant promises, equipping you to overcome difficult circumstances by keeping your focus on the hope found in the promises of Scripture rather than dwelling on the problems in front of you.For every problem in life, God has given you a promise.

This book really hit home with me and I really feel like I have learned some valuable lessons. As you put your faith in the promises of God you will see God's character and find his power to change you both from within and also your external circumstances. Max understands that there is no condemnation for the believer.
Max Lucado has been a pastor for 40 years and you can tell right from the start of this book that he is used to dealing with people in all walks of life and in all circumstances of life. His warmth, his humanness, his deep and abiding faith, his sense of humor and his skills as a pastor and wise counselor are evident throughout this book.

Unshakable Hope: Building Our Lives on the Promises of God is a highly readable, non-"preachy" book reminding us that though we may be suffering difficult times personally, as a family, as a community or as a nation, there is no need to despair if we but remember the many promises of God. He enumerates many of the promises of God, teaching about them and offering anecdotal stories to make them more real.

I found this a very inspirational book and definitely recommend it!

Many thanks to Net Galley and Thomas Nelson for allowing me to read a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Not his best work, but Max Lucado's newest book Unshakable Hope is classic Max Lucado (comes out next month Aug 7). Unlike his other works, there's more exposition and less poetry. But you won't be disappointed; his writing style is still superb.

He starts off each chapter with a specific promise from Scripture. As expected, each chapter can stand on its own, but the overarching theme is that God keeps his promises, and that gives us hope. He unsuccessfully keeps trying to push the "we are people of the Promise" theme, as if to inspire us, but I don't think it works. Nice try, though. It may have worked if he devoted a poetic chapter to it first, a tear-jerker.

All in all, Max Lucado does it again. Good work, but nothing that really stands out from his other works.
#Unshakeable Hope#  is  a very helpful and practical  book.  It   draws the reader to  remember all the many promises of    God. There are  promises for   our  weariness  by coming to Him when we are  tired . We are  to stand and believe the promises of God are for us and can be used in our  life. We are  stamped with His  image. Our  failures have been forgiven which  should be  very freeing.  Romans 8:1  talks about   how we have not any condemnation since we are God's .  We  have been given victory over death  according to 1 Cor. 15:54. God also  does not like it when we are proud according to 1 Peter 5:5. He  guides us to  have a humble  spirit  . We   need to know  when we pray  great things will happen according to James 5:16.  He    wants us to  have an believing heart  when we bring   prayer requests to Him. Max   showed how much He loved His  unborn granddaughter before we were born as a comparison with how much God loves us. He  also  reminded us since  people are made in  God's  image  we should  treat  others  with honor and respect  since they are made in His image. He  took the promises and used many  stories to make them real and personal for our every day life. He  reminds us  to trust no one  but  God when the storms come . He  writes in a personal way to help us walk through each trial  we face and use the promises  each  day.  His book is very helpful for any  Christian  . Are you  standing on the promises of God ?   We have been given such  treasurers in these promises for our every day life.  I  was given this book online  for review purposed  from Netgalley.