Cover Image: The Ghost of Glendale

The Ghost of Glendale

A mostly interesting novel. I definitely enjoyed it but I felt it definitely could have better. It's a bit out of my usual genre choices and it was a bit hard for me to get into. Overall, it's an okay story.
I love Historical fiction and with a ghost added well I am in.

This is a gorgeous romance tale with a touch of supernatural and I loved it.

Just a short story but you get so much. I loved Phoebe and could have read about her for a long time, I adored the period of the times and the writing was superb
Thank you to Netgalley, the publisher and the author for the opportunity to read this book in return for my honest opinion.

What a lovely rainy weekend read this book was.  As summer sets in I am always looking for beach reads, this past weekend was dreary and rainy; so I made a cup of tea and curled up in my favorite chair to read this treasure.  It was a lovely kind of regency romance/gothic ghost story, a great tale of love and just a feel good book.  I enjoyed the story of Pheobe and Duncan, they fit together seamlessly.  I liked reading about their ghost Simon, Phoebe's ancestor and following as they tried to sove the family mystery that others had tried and failed to solve.  As I watched the rain outside, I longed to go for a horseback ride with them through the fields and woods of the estate.  Grumpy aunt Sophia, cousin Lucy, and the rest of the cast of characters were enjoyable as well.  This book was a great way to spend a dreary weekend, it made it bearable I cannot wait to read more books by this author.
Vibrant detail and interesting story  -- I enjoyed the characters and it is well written  --  if you enjoy historical fiction then this is a good choice for you to read.
A good,historical romance with a bit of a mystery thrown in. Interesting characters who were not typical of the time.
The author of this historical fiction novella has esteemed talent speaking in the language of this time. The novel spoke volumes in the perfect setting and that lent itself to the plot line. The characters however, I felt lacked description and development. The entire novel, I pictured Duncan Armstrong to look like a version of Jamie from Outlander due to the Scottish roots and the lack of description of his profile. I felt like the side plot of Simon and Agnes’ past helped the characters of Phoebe and Duncan to grow closer together and this enhanced the story. Overall, it was a pleasure to read and an enjoyable historical fiction novel, the author has a talent in writing this genre but could improve with further character description and development.
This is an historical story with a mystery that needs to be solved, well written with a nice description for the characters, but the story did feel to be lacking and didn't really grab my attention.

But non the less its an easy going read.
I loved this book!  It was reminiscent of Austen’s Pride and Prejudice.  Extremely well written with the charm of 19th century England shining through the romance and mystery. Romance was a bit light, I could have handled a lot more in that regard, but the relationship between the two main characters is endearing

The review is based on an ARC ebook in exchange for an honest review.
I had a hard time getting into it.  I don't read romances as a rule, although I sometimes make an exception for Regencies.  It was well written, just not my cup of tea.  Romance readers would certainly find this more enjoyable than I did.

This review was based on an ARC ebook received in return for an honest and unbiased review.
I love this book! cant wait to read more from Natalie Kleinman. One of best books yet!