Lies

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 25 Sep 2018

A suspenseful story with so many twist and turns you can't put the book down.  Joe is the father and husband.  His life seems perfect until it all changes.  His son points out mommy's car and from there everything changes and his life won't ever be the same.  Be ready for twist and turns you don't see coming.
Wow! What a plot twist. Definitely unexpected. I love a good mystery that I can’t figure out! This one kept me guessing right up til the end!
I occasionally find drama/suspense boring, but goodness, this one kept me guessing! I could not put it down; each chapter kept me on the edge of my seat, and I lost many hours of sleep just because I had to know what was going to happen. First I've read by this author, but definitely won't be the last!
This novel is astounding, intriguing, captivating and above all intoxicating! One of the best books I have read all year.
It's not at all romantic, which is what I normally read. It's mystery, deceit, twisted and full of liars.
Every page of every chapter while throw you for a loop while slowly stealing you're sanity.
At the beginning, Joe follows his wife and watches her get into an argument with one of their friends, Ben. When she leaves, he confront him, but they get into a fight. Ben gets knocked out while Joe's son starts having an asthma attack. Joe leaves but when he returns Ben is gone. And so the events start to unfold....
Questions pile up with everyone having a secret. Ben is missing, but Joe slowly realizes each event will become more important. Chance encounters bring more questions than answers with the Police circling in on Joe.
Suspense, murder and completely freaking twisted plots make this impossible to be put down.
I can't give anything else away but I will say follow the clues with Joe. It might just surprise you what is happening behind you're back....
Things I liked about "Lies":

The male POV. It's not as frequent that we get a fatherly, husbandly POV that shapes a slow-burning psychological thriller. I appreciated the change of pace.

The police aspects felt well researched, and the technology details created an interesting element to the story.

Things I didn't like about "Lies":

Is was an incredibly slow read. Very little happened until the last few pages, and the character development didn't create compelling, interesting characters. The storyline was pretty simple, and the twist ending felt unsupported. It didn't feel real or click for me, because even the red herrings didn't support such a drastic change in the characters.

Overall, it was just too slow-moving and the twist ending didn't feel sufficiently supported. The writing was a bit too simple for my tastes; no real attempt to draw me into the prose or wow me with some original creative thought. It wasn't a bad book, but not one I would recommend.
Joe Lynch is a seemingly happily married man. One day he decides to follow his wife’s car into a hotel-garage, and from there on out his whole life is put in jeopardy. Who can he trust and what will he have to do to protect his family?

«Lies» is an action packed thriller with something happening on every page. It sometimes felt like watching an adrenalin-fuelled movie where the action never stops. The writing is effective, with a lot of dialogue.

There are many twists and turns in the story, and a very surprising ending. «Lies» is the kind of book you read when you want to relax and not be able to think. I did miss some depth to the story and sometimes it was just so much happening that the action felt forced and not believable.

I would recommend this book if you need a pageturner and a light, easy read with enough surprises to keep you entertained.
If your are looking for complexity, you need to look elsewhere.
I received a netgalley of Lies by T.M. Logan, in exchange for an honest review.

Joe Lynch questions hsi moves one fateful day and wonders what if I hadn't made that turn that day. Joe's life starts to unravel as he learns a secret about his wife. One lie after another seems to hinder Joe in getting to the truth.

This book has many twists and turns. I did not suspect the ending at all.  I highly recommend this book.
A book that interested me far more than I thought it would. However, it still wasn't as good as I wished it was. It definitely could be better but it was okay for what it was.
It is rare that a novel truly surprises me with its ending, but Lies definitely did so.  The story of a wife's betrayal dragging her husband into the real possibility of being imprisoned for a crime he did not commit was thoroughly riveting. But the ending. All I can say is pick up this novel and be prepared for the WOW.
Thank you to Netgalley for my ARC in exchange for a fair and honest review* Page turning psychological thriller!
captivating!!
What an interesting premise for a thriller! I don't know about you guys, but as someone who almost solely reads thrillers, I sometimes get meh about them. This one stood out to me. The synopsis drew me in immediately. And it promised lots of twists and turns AND family drama! LOOOOVE!

When I started the book, though, it took a few chapters for me to get into it. I never found myself wanting to sneak in more reading time throughout my day, but I also was not making myself read it. It took about 15% of the book to start to really get my groove with it and about 40% of the book before I was completely hooked. After that, though, it was an incredibly quick read.

What I liked about the way Logan wrote this book was that I couldn't tell WHO I could trust. Was the son, William, even trustworthy? Sometimes I wasn't sure if we were dealing with a naive narrator, an unreliable one, or a combination of the two. I do know that no matter what you think is happening, give it a few more pages, and you'll start to second guess yourself. This is a good combination of predictable thriller story with some nice twists and turns to take you out of the element.

Logan has a good writing style and I look forward to checking out more from him in the future. HIs characters were well written, overall, but I never found myself rooting for someone. However, there's no reason I need to root for someone in every book I read. It can help with keeping me wanting to read, though.

The cover really drew me in. The blue with the yellow font is really eye-catching and having the father/son at the top of stairs really makes you start to wonder what the "lies" are about. Definitely a great cover for a decent thriller.

Thank you, NetGalley, for providing a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
A dark and twisted psychological thriller that kept me guessing until the end! With so many thrillers out there, the twist in this one really gets you. I was shocked in the best possible way!
This book kept me interested. The storyline was good, entertaining, and easy to follow. The characters were well represented and relatable. I look forward to reading more from  T.M. Logan!
4*. While taking his 4-year-old son home, 30-something Joe Lynch spies his wife’s Melissa’s car turn into a hotel parking lot. In a split second, he changes lanes at a traffic light to follow her – and finds out more about her than he’d ever supposed.  It explodes his happy marriage right down the middle, as he tries to figure out how long she has been meeting secretly with her best friend’s husband, Ben.

We read the novel to find out whether the lies of the title are those Joe exposes, or whether Joe is spinning lies to the reader.  The action is fast and furious.  Is this a missing person enquiry or a murder investigation?  We ask ourselves whether this is a breadcrumb trail of clues, or whether Joe is being framed for Ben’s disappearance. Despite what the police tells Joe time and again, it appears that the reader is way ahead of Joe, And that Joe doesn’t get how to protect himself. It is unclear whether T.M. Morgan intended it this way, or why he made Joe into such a cuckold. Despite knowing he was being fed lies, it is a complete mystery (pun intended) why Joe falls into trap after trap, right through to the end. (This is not a spoiler; I am not exposing what happens.)

The reader does want the hero/ protagonist they are following along a 400-odd page novel to have brains, problem-solving ability and nous. However, being superior brain-wise to Joe is no bad thing for the reader of this novel. Joe is a likable protagonist, being a loyal husband, loving father and generally good human being – while we guess if he has a Mr. Hyde persona (of the Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde ilk).

Joe’s life unravels as he receives one secret message after another. Alternatively, if Joe is guilty, is he leading the reader down a merry dance? (Really avoiding spoilers here.) The social commentary about how exposed our lives are in terms of our online presence and the hacking software we may not even be aware of on our phones makes this a cautionary tale.

This book is \ an interesting psychological thriller; it keeps you guessing, it twists this way and that, locations many and varied. While a little repetitive in telling the reader how gorgeous the blond Melissa is, the writing is otherwise taut and suspense-filled.  Like a good mystery, there was enough of a (tech) clue told a couple of times in the middle as to who was involved in the twist. I figured this bit out, hence one of the figures behind the mystery, but not the whole crime.  You will have to – and should – read “Lies” to find out. I recommend “Lies” by TM Logan: it is a page-turner. I will read TM Morgan again.

I received an ARC of this book from #Lies #NetGalley and St. Martin's Press in exchange for an honest review.
This review also appears on: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/2671549696, https://thereadersvault.blogspot.com/2019/01/lies-by-t-m-morgan.html and https://www.netgalley.com/member/book/136106/review
I wanted to go to bed, but after each chapter I just couldn't stop reading! This book had me hooked!

Thank you to NetGalley for my ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Good supsense and pacing in the storyline. Good twist at the end, it was surprising and I didn't see it coming.
Joe is driving home with his son and his son recognizes his Moms car. Joe follows the wife to a hotel where he witnesses a pretty intense conversation with a male friend of theirs. Joe sees his wife leaving and tries to call out to her but she ignores him. He then sees the male friend and a scuffle ensues. The male friend appears to be seriously hurt, Joe leaves goes home and calls the hotel stating someone is hurt in the parking garage. He then decides to go back and the friend is gone. I started reading this at my daughters piano lesson and couldn't put it down, great read. Wow.
OH. MY. GOD.

I finished this book at 2 am, and it was soooooo good. I read it over the weekend and seriously couldn’t put it down. It was fast-paced with lots of twists and turns. I was seriously out of breath at times from how much my heart was racing. I read it from cover to cover without stopping as if I was in some kind of race. Seriously, I didn’t want to be social or binge-watch anything on Netflix the whole time I read it. This is MY kind of book.

I liked Joe a lot. He’s a true family man – great dad, loyal husband very forgiving. Sometimes TOO trusting… It’s always interesting to read a book from a man’s point of view – most books I read are from a woman’s point of view (I’m a chick-lit addict, what can I say), so at first I wasn’t sure if I would relate to Joe but I totally did. He fought to keep his family together and take care of his child.

Okay, so, he’s gullible. But clearly so am I!! I was totally blind-sighted by everything that happened in the story. I didn’t predict anything – not a single thing. When I thought I had something figured out, something else happened entirely. It was amazing. I highly recommend this book – I really enjoyed it!

Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for providing a copy of this book for an honest review.
I must say this was one of the better thrillers I read lately. It was tense, intriguing and a real pleasure to read. It is really hard to expect of some thriller to delight me, but this was really an interesting reading. The story is well thought out and the plot is quite unpredictable, same as the end. Well done!
WOW... This book pulled me in from the first and never let go. It was one of the best I’ve read. I highly recommend it to anyone who loves a thriller. Anyone who likes being pulled into a book and not let out until the very last word.

A huge 5 stars from me.
Thank you to NetGalley and St Martin’s Press for this ARC. It has everything I love in a book.