Cover Image: Lies

Lies

If I could only use one word to describe this book it would be WOW!  I honestly did not expect the way the book twisted in the end.  This is an edge of your seat kind of book
Joe finds himself in a precarious situation when he sees his wife arguing with another man who suddenly disappears. All suspicion falls on Joe and it's up to him to determine the truth.
Why is his wife talking another man and what happened?

I usually love T.M. Logan's books but I felt that this one fell short of his intended purpose. There is very little backstory on the characters, so it makes them a little underdeveloped in the reader's mind. The police investigation has many unbelievable errors almost giving the novel a "Scooby Doo" type feeling instead of a thriller vibe. The ending seemed to be sloppily tied together and left some questions unanswered. The plot was simply ok and the plot twist made reading the book bearable.
An excellent quick thriller read! Did not predict the ending at all 10/10 would recommend to a friend!
3 stars.

A fast-paced, gripping, tension filled story!

Joe Lynch and his four-year-old son are driving home when they notice his wife’s car entering the parking lot of a local hotel.  Assuming she is there for business, they decide to surprise her and quickly stop by to say hi.  What Joe discovers when he finds his wife at the hotel will forever change his life.

This is my first book by this author and I really enjoyed his writing.  The suspense and worry gripped me from the start and I felt the tension seeping off of every page.  I loved being in Joe’s mind and thought his character was done extremely well.  I felt for him and was rooting for him.

Up to the 80% mark, there were a few far-fetched plot points I was happy to overlook because the writing and storyline was so engrossing and suspenseful.  However, after the 80% point, the plot became highly unrealistic and I lost my investment in the story and characters.   I was still interested to see exactly how things would play out, but my connection was completely gone.  Too bad — I hate when that happens!  I’d happily read more from this author as I truly enjoyed his writing.  It just came down to the final plot points that ruined this one for me.

Thank you to NetGalley for my review copy!
Oh my goodness.  Just when you think you have this book figured out it gives you another twist.  It was a great book with an ending that I didn't expect.
I am sorry for the inconvenience, but I don't have the time to read this book anymore and have lost interest in the concept. I believe that it would benefit your book more if I did not skim your book and write a rushed review. Again, I am sorry for the inconvenience.
Really enjoyed this book. Fleshed our characters well written plot. I was amazed how quickly I read it
Unfortunately, I am having trouble getting through this book.  I was really intrigued by the book synopsis, however, it is falling flat for me.  I unfortunately had to DNF this book before I got to the end.
was unable to read because of a family loss. I am a serious reader though and would love to be considered for more netgalley ARCs. I will review every one that I am allowed to.
Marla
Enjoyed this one!  Give me all the lies!  Secrets.  Betrayal.  Yep, this one has it all!  I did want the main character to wake up and open his eyes a few times throughout the story.  I mean seriously, buddy!  The ending was slightly predictable, but maybe because I devour books like this.
The blurb drew me in and I was excited to read this one. I figured out the ending fairly quickly but finished the book anyway. Still a good thriller, if not somewhat predictable.

(Sorry for the so late review, I’m finally getting through my backlog of books)
Twisted and dark, Lies messed with my mind! I was hooked from the very beginning and found it be the very definition of a page-turner.
This was one of those books that had a great story line but bugged the snot out of me.  Joe Lynch is being jerked around and I felt like he was too gullible and should have figured out that things were not as they seemed.  But he was such a good hearted, genuine person that it's possible he couldn't imagine people manipulating him.

There was an amazing twist at the end that made it worth staying with the book to the end.

Thank you to NetGalley and twenty7 Publishers for an ARC in exchange for my honest review.
i am no longer comfortable reading thrillers. There was a time when I did of course, but no longer feel comfortable doing so; maybe at some time in the distant future ,I will again but not in the near future..  Since this website requires me to give this a star rating, I'll give this a middle of the road 3 stars.  I, of course will not e putting any type of review or rating on Goodreads.
I loved this story. Man, the whole set up was confusing. I felt terrible for the main character as he navigated his way through the confusion. I couldn’t stop reading! So interesting and unique.
Love psychological thrillers and this one was part whodunit, part thriller.  I have to admit it didn't take me long to read it, since I would read past midnight, not wanting to miss the next chapter!

This book started out with a dad named Joe and his son in their car. While driving, the son sees his mother's car and mentions it to Joe.  They decide to follow her, and before they know it, they're at a hotel, witnessing a family friend and Mommy have an argument.  Joe decides to approach his friend Ben while he's walking to his car in the parking lot and the two have a conversation, but Joe ends up with more questions than answers.  Ben also ends up on the ground of the parking lot after their altercation and things just seem to spin out of control after that.

Any book that has me asking questions throughout, especially about personalities, behaviors and motives, draws me in.  This book did exactly that! Well written, fast-paced and with events that keep you asking questions during the investigation, this book does not disappoint on the "what's going on" scale.  And the ending twist was a nice finish, considering everybody seems to be capable of wanting something bad to happen to Ben.

One thing I have to give credit to the author for, is the realistic reactions of Joe.  Normally dialogue between married couples and other people sometimes never sound realistic, but as tension began to build, there were realistic questions asked, rational reactions and it made for a believable story line, so well done on that!

In order to know exactly what happens, you'll have to read for yourself. What if everything you've ever believed WAS a lie?  #lies #netgalley

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from St. Martin’s Press and NetGalley.  I was not required to write a positive review.  The opinions expressed are my own.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Lies is a twisty, turny book FULL of unrealiable characters.  At one point or another, you are second guessing about everyone accept the little boy!  You think you figure it out, and then it pulls you into another direction.  The ending worked, it made me mad and I didn't see it coming; but also I think that means that the author did his job.
Thank you to NetGalley for an Advanced Reader Copy of this book! It was definitely different from the other books I’ve read. I had to stay up some nights reading to find out more. The book took some turns that I did not see coming! In the end I’m happy I read it. I will be going back to read the other books by this author! Thank you again to NetGalley!!
If this doesn't make you wary of the dangers of cellphones than I don't know what to tell you. I never liked Facebook but Lies just gave me one more reason to hate it. It is absolutely frightening to hear that someone can track your every movement from your cellphone! Ugh!

What made me angry was knowing Joe Lynch was innocent yet he was being accused of murder. Oh, the injustice! I hated listening to all the reasons constable Naylor accuses Mr. Lynch in the murder investigation of a missing person.  We all know Joe is innocent. I mean... it bored me to tears reading about it.

I know this is not the best review but neither was the book :/
This debut psychological thriller was a page-turner! A fast read, with plenty of twists that held my attention late into the night! I will definitely be not-so-patiently awaiting the next book by T.M. Logan!