Lies

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 25 Sep 2018

Lies started off a bit slow for me and unfortunately, I never got into it. I was intrigued by the story however the suspense wasn’t intense enough for me, maybe too much drama to the story. It felt like nothing new here and that stalled the story for me. While what felt like nothing new at first took quite the turn for me with that final reveal and I have to say I was quite surprised with it. However, the build-up was a bit to slow for me to make that reveal rewarding.

I do recommend this one to readers who like a little drama to their story. I think the reveal would be quite rewarding if you do.
TM Logan offers readers a domestic thriller that kept me entertained throughout.  I appreciated the ability to experience the events through a man's eyes, which is usually not the case.  The premise was intriguing and overall the story was solid, if a little predictable.  The pacing seemed a little slow to me at times, however the characters were strong and layered which kept me returning to the story.  I would read more from TM Logan.
I received my copy through NetGalley under no obligation.
This book held me from cover to cover. Had me asking myself "what's going on???" numerous times. The ending wasn't as I expected but I definitely enjoyed this book!
Lies a edge of your seat keep you guessing book. It’s about a family Mel, Joe and their son William. They have the perfect life until one day Joe and William decides to follow his wife to a hotel. After that a series  of events happen.  All their lives change forever
Another “I wanted to like this” book. The premise doesn’t start off bad but every delicious made by the main character is so ridiculous it was really implausible.. I stuck with it to see if the ending would be as ridiculous as I figured - and it was.
I love a book that hooks you from page one!!! If you're looking for a fast paced read that leaves you perched on the edge of your seat and shocks you with the turn of each chapter, this is the one!!
Joe, father of William, loving and dedicated husband to Mel, makes a decision to drive by his wife's job one day after picking up 3 year old Wills mfrom school. That decision will be the biggest mistake of his life. A quickly unraveling plot will reveal a web of deceit, lies, and several unbelievable turn of events!
T.M. Logan creates a cast of characters that become so real that they jump off the pages! I felt so compelled to side with Joe, felt he was betrayed and hurt when all he wanted to do was be a good father and husband. Mel, made me want to hurl the book at her face and scream "don't you know how good you have it"! But then... my theories all fell apart. Forming new theories made reading this book a roller coaster ride of awesomeness!
Just when you think it can't get any more tangled... the end will blow your mind!!! As an avid reader of this genre, reading a book that can still shock you at the end is fantastic! The "omg I didn't expect that" shock factor is the reason I can't wait to read more from T.M. Logan! I loved it! Definitely leaves you with a book hangover!
This was a roller coaster thriller! I flew through this book. Lots of misdirection, and what else, LIES! So many lies. However, I did suspect the ultimate ending rather early on in the novel - perhaps about one-third of the way through the book. Even with my suspicions, I did enjoy the book.
Joe Lynch is madly in love with his wife and his young son, William. Everything is going well with his family life, until one day when he sees his wife go into a hotel, follows her, and sees her meeting with the husband (Ben) of her best friend (Beth/Bee). Everything he thought he knew is now suspect.
T.M. Logan lays a very well constructed web of deceit. It makes you question your use of social media, the internet, and cell phones. Your digital signature is everywhere, and that is not necessarily a good thing.
If you like psychological thrillers that are both relatable and compelling, I can assure you that this one will keep you turning those pages. This is a highly addictive page-turner. Brilliantly written! Highly Recommend!
wow! what an amazing read! tons of twists and turns and full of suspense. held my attention right from the first page to the last page. just when I think I have figured out what is going to happen I am proved wrong. can't wait for more from this amazing author!
This book hooked me from the prologue!  It was so well written and all the twists kept it fresh and exciting.

I highly recommend reading this book
I wanted to read this book because the blurb caught my attention. The book started off in the right direction but I had an issue with the asthma attack scene. As an asthma sufferer for 17 years that’s not how it works. When you’re having a full blown attack taking a puff on the inhaler will not work. You have to go to the hospital. Especially with kids. I wish the author would have researched this disease prior. It’s more than taking a pump. I did my best to look past that but I really couldn’t connect to Joe. He was too soft for me. Thank you for the review copy.
This started off as your typical mystery, a doting father & his young son see mom while they're out & about and she's not where she said she was.  There's confrontation and a crazy tale starts to unfold with stolen identities, affairs, missing persons, murder framing etc...  It was written well so it was a good story, but not anything I hadn't read before in some configuration or other.  Until near the end when things got interesting, like really interesting, like what-the-heck-did-I-just-read-interesting.  It was an end I didn't see coming, I thought it was pretty cut & dried, solved it earlier and nodded with my knowing cockiness and basically was just finishing to finish it.  I was very, very wrong and that gave what was a pretty okay book an extra star, that's what brought it home & turned it on it's ear.  This is a good one, this one is a surprise and that's exciting in an overcrowded genre.
This books sucks you in in the first few pagers and just doesn't let go. Then, just she you think you have it all figured out, you don't! So many wild twists and turns makes this a fantastic page turner.
Lies is one of the best books I read this year! The suspenseful writing style kept me glued to the pages. I kept hearing that I would not see the twist at the end coming. While I read I kept thinking, "ok, that's going to be the twist" As many times as I guessed and thought I had figured it out, I was wrong.
The writing was so good and you really falling love with or absolutely hate the characters. The author does such a good job making them seem so real and like you are engulfed in the novel.
My heart broke for this husband and father. He accidentally stumbles upon a situation with his wife and a friend of the family. Very engrossing story and it revealed itself peeling back the layers at a good rate. There are those times in our lives that just the smallest thing can change the path of our lives. I thought I had things figured out but the ending was a complete surprise and I never saw it coming! Great and suspenseful read! How well do you really know your significant other? Thank you #Netgalley
Sorry for the delayed review on this book, thanks for the opportunity to read it. really liked this book, kept me captivated, didn't want to put it down, I did finish it a few months back, but never got back online to review.
Such a page turner with twists and turns not expected, or maybe they were... As the title, the lies in the main characters life, Joe, pile up very quickly, who can he trust. Some of the story line was easy to figure out, but still had some unexpected twists and turns. i recommend and would read more of this authors books.
Joe Lynch was a little naive for my liking. But I loved him as a character.
This psychological thriller had everything that I loved. Unexpected twists...always leave you speechless.
Good story, great twist at the end. My only issue was not really liking the Mel/Melissa character. It was hard to sympathize with Joe because he kept acccepting her lies and infidelities.
I’m kind of tired of all these authors coming out with debut thrillers that are so over done. This book was good, but was it amazing? No not really.
I don't even know where to start with this book. It was suspenseful and somewhat entertaining, but also one of the most preposterous books I've ever read. Long story short, he main character, Joe, has a fight with a guy named Ben after he observes Ben arguing with Joe's wife, and ends up accidentally knocking Ben to the ground. Joe's concerned about it, but since his young son is having an asthma attack and he can't find his inhaler, he goes home with his son, leaving Ben lying on the ground bleeding and unconscious. When he comes back later to make sure Ben is ok, Ben is gone and so is his car - but then he doesn't come home, and before you know it, Ben is a suspect in his disappearance. And that's just the beginning of the book, things get much crazier from there. And if I thought the book was preposterous in the middle, it goes completely insane at the end. Plus, Joe is just the most ridiculously naive character - as the title suggests, there are a lot of lies in his book, and Joe believes every single one! Also, even though the plot is totally different and there isn't an unreliable narrator, something about the whole being framed for murder thing felt a little derivative of Gone Girl for me. But for keeping me reading, I'll give it 2 stars instead of one.