Failsafe

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 09 May 2018

Failsafe was different compared to other sci-fi novels I have read. The idea is so unique and different. I have a fascination with A.I. Anela explored what would happen if it rebelled and became smarter then its human counter parts as well as the message that love has no bounds. Sol is a scavenger and meets Echo. Echo's primary objective is to destroy the Interspace and he might just succeed. It was fun to see a human/robot develop such feelings for Sol and a better understanding for humanity. This book takes place over a couple of week time span, so though it may seem that Sol's feelings for Echo or abrupt and happen pretty quick, they actually aren't.
I really wanted to like this book. I DNF’d at 30% in. It wasn’t for me.  The plot looked amazing and it had promise, it just wasn’t delivered in a way that intrigued me as a reader.
Do I Recommend this book? Yes!

Notes and Opinions: I love books with sarcastic main characters and Sol is very sarcastic. She very different from Echo,who is so adorable! He's adorably awkward and sweet. And their relationship? Omg. It's so genuinely pure. I just wanted to push them together and make them kiss. It was killing me the whole time. I loved the plot. I mean, come on, who doesn't like books like The Terminator movies (just a lot less violent)? The only thing that I never really understood was why Sol was able to dream the network. Honestly, I would love to read more about them and their world!
This story summary sounds dangerously derivative: a rebellious teenage girl sets out to topple the monstrous Skynet overlord her society has lived under for generations, and finds love along the way.

Happily, the reading experience doesn't feel like that at all. This book was good!

Sol has a voice that feels real: just the right amount of sarcasm to be interesting and distinct and seem like an actual person, without crossing over into being annoying and off-putting. Echo is a fairly standard Castiel-type good-hearted guy with powers who acts like a robot and has no idea how to be human. But like... am I a sucker for this? Maybe so.

The plot, to be fair, is a little quick and wobbly. It's never truly explained why Sol is able to dream the network, and receive the messages transmitted by the creepy scientists. It never really makes sense why, after wiping out nearly all of humanity, the Interspace chose to cover the entire world in what is essentially an Earth-sized computer chassis. Why does the Interspace need to trap humanity inside a giant computer box, so they're essentially living like little tiny cockroaches crawling over the enormous wires and computer chips? Wouldn't that be useless and counterproductive for everyone involved? The final confrontation with the Interspace herself is also just kind of: what?

Do I care about these things, though? Not really. I mean it would be nice to have all this make a little more sense, but the main thrust of the story is carried by Sol and Echo's relationship. I don't even like romance, and would vote to cut it out from nine out of ten books -- especially YA dystopias, which are constantly shoving needlessly melodramatic, bloated, emotionally vacant attempts at romance subplots down readers' throats.

Sol and Echo, though, I can get behind. There is no love triangle, there is no cheap miscommunication gag; they just genuinely come to understand and like each other. They talk about things. And yes, okay, I find the *cocks head* I do not understand your human ways, please clarify thing very endearing. I was engrossed the whole time reading about their journey through the Network, and the creepy scientists were so viscerally repulsive and terrifying that it pretty much makes up for the somewhat less-than-climactic confrontation with the Interspace.
A new dystopian novel.

Using a tried and true trope, Anela Deen spins a wildly original adventure.

An advanced predictive AI coded and loaded with all of the worlds electronic data becomes sentient. Generations after apocalyptic events decimate the human population, the "Interface" holds the remnants of humanity within it's walls with a mutual non-destruction accord.

There are only 40,000 people left in all the world. Prisoners, they are kept separated and secluded in 12 small groups. Provisions to sustain life are delivered at intervals by the Interface's drones. When those deliveries become fewer and less predictable, their meager existence is in dire danger.

On a daring mission to obtain supplies, Sol's life is in danger from drones programmed to kill any human found outside the settlements. It's only thanks to Echo, a stranger she's never met or heard of, that she's able to escape with her life.

Echo insists he is not a machine. However, he is much more than human. He is Failsafe, stronger, faster, quick healing and having weapons no one has ever seen before. Echo raises suspicion in the settlement, especially once he admits he is on a mission to the central processing unit of the controlling AI to shut it down.

Sol has a special ability to see the schematics of the network. A map to navigate and a schedule of policing bots to avoid. Between her ability and Echo's special strength and weapons, they may have a chance to complete the journey. She is anxious to prove that she can still contribute as a member of her society even though she's recently been diagnosed with epilepsy. She's also not entirely surrendered to the fact she must mate with DNA compatible, matched partner. A violent and possesive man that has hurt her in the past.

Initially Sol agrees to accompany Echo a short way and provide him with navigation instructions for the remainder of his journey. But as they get to know each other and circumstances cause them to fight for their lives time and again, Sol ultimately decides to accompany him the entire way.

On their journey, Echo learns how to be more human and Sol learns the true depth of her strength and determination. The two bond in a very special way. This romance part of the story was sweet. It was cute in places, although maybe a little childish.

The story was packed with all the elements of the trope. We get the evolving Echo learning about emotions and feelings. We get an arch enemy, Override, in the form of an evil and invinsible robot. We get the AI becoming more and more determined to stop them using the killer drones. We get Sanctuary, a place safe from both drones and Override, but populated with sketchy scientists. Finally, we get the AI itself in a twisty turny conclusion that, of course, provides our love birds with an HFN.

I enjoyed reading this dystopian adventure. I had questions and concerns at times but all of my questions were answered by the end of the book. The only thing I didn't quite understand is when and how the huge physical network that housed the AI's hardware and the settlements was built and how it was currently powered. How the remaining humans came to be living inside that network. There was a tiny part at the end when a life was granted that didn't make sense to me. But other than those two niggles, I definitely enjoyed the story.

I thought it was so smart of the author to build a world made up of computer hardware and software where humans inhabited small settlements within it. The implied metaphors were perfect! The "Failsafe", "Override","Fragmentation". Also, the hardware like the "heat sink" and "cooling fan" and many others encountered in the journey. Geeky me was thinking this was the coolest thing ever. ;-)
I couldn't get into the story. I thought the idea was definitely interesting, but the writing simply wasn't for me.
So let's start off with the good and then venture into the not-so-good. If you've read my reviews, you know that the characters make or break a book for me. Luckily, the characters in this book were really well-written and relatable. Sol is a great main character, fitting right into the YA dystopian genre. She was clever, determined, and strong, overcoming personal obstacles that impeded her vision of the future.

Echo was a unique character. I really liked his growing personality as he grasped more of his humanity. His responses to and conversations with Sol were a highlight of the book for me.

So here is where I realize how much my rating relied on these characters and their chemistry because other aspects of the book left me a bit confused.

The setting. Ugh. I get that it was new and different, but it was really difficult to imagine. They're walking around in a mega-computer type world? Climbing cables and jumping across circuit boards? Meh.

The plot was sort of just...not there. It's a short book so not a lot of time is spent on Sol's background and upbringing. For the most part, we follow Sol and Echo on their journey to break free from the Interspace. The Override was a strange, rather childish villain, and the Sanctuary was a dramatic turn, but there was nothing that really stuck out in the story, pressing me to read on.

Overall, I give Failsafe a rating of 3.5/5 stars with a mega detraction for setting and minor detractions for lack of plot and character background.
After a war between the Interspace AI and humans, the Armistice allowed human settlements inside the Interspace, but they’re forbidden from leaving their small part of the network. When the food deliveries abruptly stop, however, Sol (short for Soleil) feels she has no choice but to go searching for the missing shipments. She has an eidetic memory and has been having strange dreams where she can see the network’s schematics, so she’s able to anticipate where the Interspace’s enforces, the drones, will be. When a run goes bad, she’s saved by a strange man with technology she’s never seen before who immediately asks her for directions to the Interspace’s control center. He’s suspicious that Sol seemed to have knowledge of the drones’ routes, and, well, Echo – as the stranger calls himself – is just plain suspicious in general. Sol, caged by her parents’ worries about her epilepsy and what they see as her needless risktaking, makes a bargain with Echo to get him closer to the control center. But as she finds out more about the Interspace and Echo, will her choices lead her back to the world she’s always known or forward to an uncertain future?

“The truth was they had trouble accepting my condition. It wasn’t about my safety, it was about their fear. Fear took away the Custodian position I’d been training years for. I wouldn’t let it ruin our chances at survival. I was more than my illness. Why didn’t they see that? Why weren’t they…proud of me for what I’ve accomplished?
Why don’t you see me? I wanted to ask, but I never did.”

I haven’t read a YA dystopian book in a while, so this was a delightful treat. I especially liked that the human settlements are actually inside the Interspace – a giant computer – so the areas they have to traverse are filled with circuit towers and other computer innards. I loved how character-focused it was, as well. The majority of it is a road trip sort of story with Sol and Echo trying to find the Interspace’s control center, so they both have a lot of time to get to know each other and bond. Since Echo isn’t initially very talkative, it also gives Sol a lot of time to ruminate over her epilepsy and how it’s changed how she’s viewed in the settlement, especially by her parents, and how she’s changed in reaction. One of my favorite parts about YA is watching characters struggle to figure out who they are, and while I think Echo has the most obvious growth, Sol grows a lot as well. There’s also a slow burn romance between the two, which was adorably sweet.

“Not a machine. He’d said that a few times. I hadn’t known him long but he didn’t seem the type to repeat himself. The differentiation mattered deeply to him then. With regret, I thought of how many times I’d called him a robot. His impassive manner made it seem like nothing bothered him, but maybe that was wrong. He was different in ways I didn’t fully understand, but different didn’t mean less. It was just another way to be. You’d think after all I’d been through in the last year I’d have the concept down.”

As for cons, the pacing was a bit uneven, and there’s a plot element towards the end (involving the source of Sol’s dreams) that was ridiculously deus ex machina.  Basically, there’s a lab full of clones of the original scientists who created the Interspace who save them from the big bad guy after they’re pretty much all the way dead. The scientists also have a magical teleportation thingamajig that can send Echo and Sol directly to the Interspace’s control center.  It just seemed to be a way to wrap up some unanswered questions quickly before the end of the book.

Overall, though, I very much enjoyed this book, and I’ve already found something else in Ms. Deen’s backlist to read!

I received this book for free from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Soliel, Sol, for short has true dreams which allow her to know when it is safe to leave her district.  Echo needs help navigating through the districts. After he saves her life and learns of her ability he asks her to travel with him.  Unsure if Echo is a human or a robot, she is leary to help him.  She agrees to give him some assistance, and the adventure begins. I do not want to give too much away.  The story between Sol and Echo becomes involved and the meaning of Echo's journey is integral to the plot of the story.  This is a great Sci-Fi YA book that I read in less than two days.  A solid 4 Star rating!
3/5 stars ⭐⭐⭐

ARC provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review!
Release date: May 20th, 2018

Human civilization is not what it once was. Supplies are running low, and the only rule at the settlement is that you can never leave. At the risk of being caught, and killed by the Interspace drones for trespassing, Sol, a seventeen year old girl with epilepsy risks everything to go on a supply run where she meets Echo, a mysterious stranger who just might hold the answer to shutting down Interspace and freeing mankind from it's captivity.

Pros:

-This was a fairly enjoyable read. I really liked the writing, and the characters!

-There were definitely a couple of moments where I was taken by surprise!

Cons:

-I really didn't feel as though I was reading anything super original. I still had a good time reading this, but overall I was kind of disappointed. Perhaps it just needed to be a bit longer in order for the story to be better developed.

Final Thoughts/Comments:

I would definitely recommend this to Sci-Fi/Dystopian fans if you're looking for a quick, entertaining read!
Actual rating: 3.5

"I am the Failsafe."

#RollCredits

The Writing and Worldbuilding

The writing style was really hard to get used to at first, I gotta admit. It is first person and very much stream of consciousness, which was difficult to adjust to. For instance, the word "craptastic" is used. And besides that, the first chapter was extremely rushed. I thought there'd be an introduction to Sol's life and family, but no, that was all done in exposition, with the first chapter consisting of things I thought would happen in the third or fourth chapter. Besides that, there were so many typos. It was really hard to ignore them, being a grammar nazi and all. Also, sometimes, scenes were just completely skipped, like Deen wanted them in the plot but didn't want to bother writing them. It was very jarring sometimes. Also, it was never explained how Sol got into the other settlements when she did supply runs; like, wouldn't they have thought she was just a Wraith and never let her in?

"He was different in ways I didn't fully understand, but different didn't mean less. It was just another way to be. You'd think after all I'd been through in the last year I'd have the concept down."

Once I got used to it all and the story really picked up, I found myself totally loving it!!! Echo was so wonderful and his and Sol's banter was just so cute! I loved the themes as well, and I thought they were well executed for the most part. Choice and humanity were two of the biggest themes. I loved the world too. The atmosphere was great and very tangible. And despite the rushed plot at the beginning, the love story was thankfully slow-burn, and I really loved it. It warmed my cold dead heart I'd thought incapable of love.

I'd rate the writing 2 stars, but the plot and characters 4 stars.

"Inaction was as much a choice as one made by conviction."

Also, the heck is a "heat cylinder"??

The Characters

First, I gotta say, what the heck is the deal with these "unique" YA names?? They're driving me crazy! Centhea, Margrit, Devid, and don't get me started on Mykel. It's just Michael! Spell it like a normal person, for goodness sake! The world ended, but they still had language and knew how to spell! *reins in frustration* Okay, let's begin.

"I have no need of constellations with you as my guiding star."

Soleil: She was pretty annoying at first but once I got used to her, I really liked her. She is pretty introspective (being mostly alone in a dark, grey cyberscape definitely encourages that) but sometimes wasn't asking questions I thought obvious to ask (like where her schematic dreams come from, for instance). Also, her painting was thrust upon my suddenly as if I already knew, which with the rushed first chapter, really made me feel like I'd missed some vital prologue chapters. I liked how she had epilepsy.

"You are my guiding star...I go who where you lead."

Echo: MY HEART! I'm dead. I love this adorable android man so much, you don't understand. He really saved this book and made me even keep reading past chapter 2, because he had so much potential and really delivered on it. I loved his caring personality and found his dialogue so adorably stilted and awkward.

"You are a separate entity," he said softly, "independent of me in every respect, yet I have come to see you as an integral part of myself. Vital to my core functions. I will not leave you. I cannot."

The Override: He was pretty creepy.

Conclusion

Survival was indeed a human being's primary directive but we had our own overrides. The heart was one of them.

I really liked this book. I've already gushed about to my family and now I'm gushing about it to you. It's great. Go read it.
unfortunately i didnt get a chance to read this because it was archived too quickly and I hadnt downloaded it yet.
To be honest, it was more like 4.5, which I'll elaborate on in a bit.

Disclaimers: I was given a free ARC of Failsafe through Netgalley in exchange for an honest, unbiased review. Spoilers ahead!

Okay. How do I properly express my love for Failsafe without becoming a gushy mess? I don't think it's possible. First of all, the character development...

I started out not loving the main character, Sol, because she, like many other disabled characters in books I've read, thought she was less of a person due to her illness. However, as the story progressed and Sol found herself away from the ableist environment she grew up in, she finally came to the realization that she has not gotten so far in spite of her illness. Epilepsy is simply a part of her and yes, she had to make some adjustments in her life to accommodate it, but she is still worthy and entitled to everything an abled person is.

The character development displayed here is so incredibly important to me as a disabled, chronically ill person. When I was her age, I thought similar things about myself. I thought I was less of a person due to the ableist society we live in. It was depressing and discouraging and I really felt for Sol in those scenes. When she finally learned that the opposite was true, I cried, I was so happy for her!

Sol wasn't the only one who grew as a character. Echo grew to become one of my favourite fictional characters of all time. I won't spoil it for you, as it's too cute not to experience yourself.

Second of all, Sol and Echo. Sol! And! Echo! Their chemistry was intoxicating. My cheeks hurt from smiling so much. Sometimes I scan paragraphs in books like this where there's a long adventure to get to their end goal, but I didn't have to do that at all in Failsafe. Every scene was written in such a way that I was hanging on every word, empowered by every sarcastic retort. I stayed up all night reading just so I wouldn't have to leave Sol's and Echo's world.

Of course, the book wasn't perfect. I have yet to find one that is. I would've liked to see how everything turned out: the settlements' reactions, Sol reuniting with her parents and Leithan, that sort of thing. On that subject, I really felt like her settlement was going to play a bigger role in the story than it did. Sure, they were her motivation, her reminder of why she's risking her life for Echo's mission, but after she leaves the settlement they never show up again. Sol did check in with them over radio once or twice, though we were told so in afterthoughts, not firsthand. This doesn't bother me enough to knock my rating down a full star, though, because the story as a whole was detailed and well developed.

Do I recommend this book? Yes! Go pre-order it right now!
I enjoyed the storytelling pace and the characters. The explanation of the dystopian elements at the end was nicely done as well.
After finishing this book, all I can say is: I WANT MORE! Failsafe was different compared to other sci-fi novels I have read. The idea is so unique and different. I have a crazy fascination with A.I. and what would happen if it rebelled and became smarter then its human counter parts. Anela explored this in her novel as well as the message that love has no bounds.

After learning she has epilepsy everything that Sol had hoped for her future is slowly collapsing. Where she was suppose to follow in her father's footsteps, the position is suddenly passed on to Mykel, the boy she been genetically matched with to produce healthy children to keep the human race going. Sol does what she can for her home colony though. She goes out of the compound and scavenges for supplies that the A.I. they live within no longer provides for them. On one of these runs Sol meets Echo, a boy who looks like no one she has ever seen before. There is one thing about this strange boy though: He isn't entirely human. Echo's primary objective is to destroy the Interspace and with the help of Sol, he might just succeed.

There are so many laugh out loud moments in Failsafe. Yes, Echo is human but he has no social skills. He has spent years in silence searching for a way to destroy the Interspace. He never had a moment of human interaction until the moment he meets Sol. Echo learning humanity and what certain things are, the way humans react to certain things is funny. I think the best aspect of Sol teaching Echo about human behavior is her body language as she begins to develop feelings for the mysterious boy. Echo is notices the slightest changes in things, such as: Sol's accelerated heart rate when she is around him. He also doesn't understand all the new feelings he is beginning to experience. It was fun to see a human/robot develop such feelings for Sol and a better understanding for humanity.

Typically, I am one for a slow burn romance where I am basically screaming for the two characters to kiss. This book takes place over a couple of week time span, so though it may seem that Sol's feelings for Echo or abrupt and happen pretty quick, they actually aren't. I enjoyed the moment that Sol acknowledges the fact she has a crush on Echo, and she does that typical girl things where she doesn't want to have feelings but she does and now she is confused. Sol was such an easily relatable character in this book.

The only thing I wasn't sure about is that I am not sure if this book is a stand alone or not. I think there were a lot of things that could have been clarified more or and expanded upon, especially if this is a stand alone. I enjoyed Failsafe and would love to see more of Sol and Echo's journey in the new obstacles they are going to faced based on how the novel ended.
I was fascinated with the premise of this book from the get-go, and it was, overall, an enjoyable read. I particularly liked the characters of Echo and Sol. Their interactions absolutely made this book for me, and I love seeing real, relatable characters. That being said, I did find some aspects of the story to be a little confusing or, at times, lacking. I was still left with some big questions by the end of the book. And some plot-related things almost seemed too easy or too convenient. I was left feeling conflicted, because there were so many things I liked, but I also see a lot of potential for making this book even better. I think it's a great sci-fi read, and I'd recommend it to anyone interested in dystopian literature or books that deal with AI.
Failsafe is a post-acopalypstic novel revolving around our protagonists, Echo and Sol, who embark on a journey to shut down the machine which controls humans, The Interspace.
Sol is a normal human, who's scavenging resources in order to feed her settlement and fighting against Interspace. She gets dreams which map the whole place inside Interspace for her. However, her life gets changed when she comes across Echo, who claims he's human but is more robot-like, and who saves her life against drones. In exchange of saving her life, he asks her help to navigate inside the Interspace, in order to shut it down.
Sol is a unique character, who despite having no strength to directly oppose the system, tries to fight against it in her own way, to keep her home alive. She's not physically strong, and she's not really smart either, but she has a strong will. The portrayal of how her epilepsy at times hinders her journey, is really great.
However, Echo is not really a special character, as he ends up being victim to stereotypes. He's cold, he's distant, but he's shown to grow emotions through Sol. Other than that, he doesn't really make a strong impact on the story. One of the best minor characters was The Override, even if he didn't get much spotlight. His thirst to kill Failsafes, his irrational hate towards every living thing and ultimate devotion towards Interspace, makes him a perfect antagonist. This leads us to another complaint- The extremely limited cast of characters. The story mostly consisted of Echo and Sol, and there were barely any characters beyond them. The adults in the novel didn't try to interfere with the missions of these two kids, even when one among them obviously feels like a robot. The Interspace and The Override barely got few pages in the book, which was a bit unsatisfying. There was rarely any mention of the human settlements, so it was difficult to imagine how exactly the human world inside Interspace works.
Another point is the lack of explanation of the setting and world-building. It's difficult to imagine where exactly the story takes place and how exactly the world is divided, so it's almost impossible to navigate where the characters go. The whole world is a mess, and in the end, we are left to guess where is the Interspace and other locations existing.
However, the story had lots of potential, and though it was cliche, it was exciting in its own way. The character development was excellent, as Echo slowly becomes more human, and Sol opens up more to him. The romance was sweet and well-executed, but it ended up occupying almost 3/4 of the book. Also instead of info dump towards the end, it would have been better if the author would have shown how exactly humans fell under the control of Interspace. It felt hurried.
In short, Failsafe would have been excellent novel, had it not fallen victim to incomplete world building and cast of characters. It is still a likable book, nonetheless. I recommend it to those who are trying to get into sci-fi and love having a cute romance.
This was fun! A fast paced YA story with an interesting MC and a suitably brooding yet emotionally childlike love interest. It’s basically a mash up of The Matrix and Maze Runner but that’s not a criticism. I enjoyed it loads.
Even the best of prisons was still a prison

* * *
3 / 5

Try to picture this: humanity, inside a massive living computer on the surface of the Earth. I don't know about you, but I couldn't really imagine it, so my mental picture whilst reading Failsafe was mostly blank. But other than that I thought it was super cool and engaging and I even liked the romance!

"You keep thinking if I sit still it'll make the seizures go away for good. That's not how it is, and I refuse to be useless because you feel better when I do nothing"

Sol lives in one of the last refuges of humanity inside the massive physical network system known as the Interspace. The Interspace is also sentient and overthrew the government many years ago. It was very confusing. Drones, minions of the Interspace, used to deliver food to each of the small dozen settlements but they have now stopped and Sol is the only one who dares venture out to get food. It's out there in the grid that she meets Echo, a weirdly cold man who is trying to reach the central grid to shut down the Interspace.

I really liked Sol. She's a brave spunky girl who is also epileptic. Her life is a fight between her parents whose fear is trying to overrule her life and the violent and possessive man she is promised to once she turns eighteen. Sol sees Echo and his mission as a way to escape her restrictive life and to help the future of humanity; with the blessing of her settlement mayor, Sol guides Echo with the help of her strange dreams that help her to see the inner workings of the Interspace.

"We yearned, but we didn't know for what"

Echo is also great. His origins are a mystery and he and Sol have such opposite personalities and their interactions are sometimes sweet and sometimes hilarious. The characters are such a focal point of Failsafe.  They are up against the Interspace itself and her main minion: a dark and seriously creepy robot called the Override.

On the downside, there's the confusing setting that I have already touched on. Failsafe has a bunch of futuristic elements thrown in that don't really make all that much sense: a cyber setting, cloning, dystopian humanity. Some of the writing was also a little choppy.

In conclusion: Failsafe had me totally torn.

My thanks to Netgalley, the publisher, and the author for an ARC of Failsafe.
I have been blessed! Recently I've been lucky enough to read some pretty incredible books and I'm so happy to say that Failsafe by Anela Dean was another one of those books!

Firstly I loved the plot of this book. It follows our main character Soleil who's struggling to find her place in the world while simultaneously trying to adapt to having Epilepsy. Which would be a lot easier if she didn't live in a world completely controlled by computers following the attempted extinction of the entire human race. You can see why I was intrigued.

I have to say that the plot is what really kept me going in this book, although nothing about this book let me down. Firstly Anela's writing style is easy to read and enjoyable. It keeps you interested without being an info-dump. I loved how she wrote the dynamic between Echo and Soleil. They're very different characters and both were written in such an interesting way.

I will say that another one of my most favorite parts of this book was the villain- a super computer created to make sure that Echo never successfully completes his mission. It blended both human and computer characteristics in such a terrifying way. It's been a long way since I've been seriously impressed by the villain in a story.

Overall I gave Failsafe a 5/5 star rating because it was enjoyable to read, flowed very well, Anela's writing style was simple but eloquent, and I adored both of the main characters. If you like post apocalyptic, future, and sci-fi I think you'll enjoy this book. Bonus points if you like a cute love story!

Thank you to Netgalley for sending me a copy of this book in return for my honest review. I am excited to see what else we get from Dean and if you'd like to pre-order the book the kindle version is currently on pre-sale for .99 cents! You can find it on Amazon!