What to Expect When Your Demon Slayer is Expecting

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 28 Aug 2018

This was an interesting story but the characters didn't make me want to read the whole series. I was satisfied with reading this one vignette into this slayer's adventures, which is not usually the case in this genre. Personally, I would get rid of the talking dog. It's clearly meant to be endearing, but all I wanted to know more about was the pet dragon.
This book....this book. I fully enjoyed this book! I knew I would!!! I want to read more. Even though this is the first book I read from this author I fully intend to read more. It was such a good time. So much laughter right when I needed it the most. Thank you so much for allowing me to read this paranormal hilariously funny book.
It was a cute book.  However I was disappointed due to the fact I was expecting more hilarious moments.  I love the title, it was very creative! But story didn’t do what the title stated.  It only actually told a fraction of her pregnancy, hence my disappointment.  I received this ARC through Net Galley in exchange for an honest review.
Lizzie Brown goes back home and finds her mom possessed by a spirit.  She needs to save her mom before time runs out but the spirit turns out being clever and Lizzie will find herself fighting for her and her babies yet to be born lives.  A Fun and quick read.  Angie Fox never disappoints.  If you haven’t ever read any of her books do yourself a favor and get one.

This is book 8 in the Demon Slayer series but you can read it as  a stand lone and not be lost.  It will leave you with the desire to start the series from the start.  The characters are fun and entertaining.  I enjoyed reading this book and recommend it if you  are looking for a cozy read.  So if you enjoy demon slayers, paranormal activity, witches, angel, shapeshifters and more then read What to Expect When Your Demon Slayer is Expecting.
Thank you to Author Collective 20 for the arc of this book.
I haven’t read any of the others in this series, but I really enjoyed this book, Lizzie reminded me of Stephanie Plum,
I found it funny, sad and all round an entertaining read.
What to Expect When Your Demon Slayer is Expecting, book 8, Angie Fox's Demon Slayer series. Whatever your expectations, author Amgie Fox DELIVERS!!! in her latest addition to this Enjoyable and Entertaining series. Make Time soonest, gather snacks, get comfy for this cover to cover read. Lizzy has come a long way. Book 1 - Adult, quiet, pre school teacher Lizzy meets her maternal grandmother, learns about her demon slayer genes and battles her first demon...All At The Same Time !!! NOW, Book 8, Lizzy is a demon slayer. Married, battling demons worldwide with husband, grandma and group of Harley riding witches. And about to find out she is expecting. I received this book from Season Publishing through NetGalley. I am voluntarily posting this review. It's a Must Read! As well as Angie Fox's other series!
Ever since I discovered the Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries that I became a huge fan of Angie Fox. And the Demon slayer series doesn’t disappoint either. It’s packed with fun, biker witches and brilliant talent. Thanks for the copy!
I love this series. It's funny and there is not horror factor for all the witches, angels, shape shifters and enchanted dogs. This could be read as a stand alone but you might need some background of the large cast of characters. Lizzy and Dimitri are happy and expecting a baby. He's determined to keep her safe and away from her demon slaying but when her mother is taken over by a demon she and the Red Skulls figure out a way to save her. This is book 8 in the Demon Slayer series and a wonderful addition. I received a copy of this ARC in exchange for a fair and honest review.
As with all Angie Fox books I loved this , The Demon slayer is one of my favorite series of books....Angie never disappoints with anything she writes
I feel like there isn't much I can say for this book. When I got it, I had no idea it was the 8th book in the series so as soon as I started reading I knew I was missing out on a lot of back story. However, it wasn't difficult for me to somewhat pick up on what was happening and follow the story. This book originally started out with a demon slayer girl who has to save her mother who is possessed. But the plot quickly changed to her, after extracting the demon brings a whole new set of problems for herself and her unborn children.

This book was a generic supernatural fantasy. There was nothing about it that stood out to me: the writing, characters, plot. Even though I understand that the characters had already been introduced in previous books, they were still extremely 2 dimensional. However, the small twist to the generic plot where all of a sudden the demon slayer is in danger of being possessed was interesting and helped me finish the book. I would not want to pick up the next book to this series nor would I want to read the ones that came before this book. However, if your eyes into generic paranormal romances with demons and gryphons and whatnot, this is for you.
I received this book from NetGalley and here is my honest review.
Lizzy is a great heroine with a gorgeous griffin husband and a grandma with her old witch's biker gang. This is a pretty quirky group and I love it.  Lizzie's demon hunting is very demanding but with twin babies on the way she needs to be careful. Heaven help anyone who threatens her or her babies. Join the gang on an adventure unlike any other.
I have read several of the demon slayer books and love Angie Fox's work.
A fun and clever cozy paranormal mystery. The characters are great, the writing is well done and the humor is wonderful. Love these books. I received a copy from NetGalley and this is my honest opinion.
This is the newest book in the  Demon Slayer Biker Witch series by Angie Fox. As always, it is excellent. Her books are smart, clever and fun to read. Never a dull moment in this series. I enjoy the characters, which are delightfully written and portrayed, with a storyline that is fun to follow. I could not put the book down until I finished and just kept reading until I was done! I highly recommend this book. It is great fun and a good read.
What to Expect When Your Demon Slayer is Expecting is the 8th Demon Slayer novel by author Angie Fox

I have read some of this series on and off over the years, it was on a chance that I seen that there was a new one out. I know I dive into one of these I am always guaranteed a good laugh. The books do need to be read in order, I would like to re read them in order one day.

Lizzie and her husband have such a great relationship, I really loved how much they are into each other now,  I liked the way the author takes us on a fun adventure filled with magic, mayhem and we are rewarded with plenty of laughs and a good time.

I think the book is well written enough you can follow along some what, but perhaps to before picking this one up  to go back to the start to see how it all began.

What to Expect When Your Demon Slayer is Expecting by Angie Fox is the 8th book in the Demon Slayer series, and a crazy, fun read.  I loved this book/series. Once I started this book, I didn't want to put it down. I love all the characters. Lizzy is the kick-ass demon slayer, Dimitri is Lizzy's sexy shape shiftier husband, the Red Skull biker witches, and Pirate the hilarious, talking dog. Twists, turns, humor, and suspense. You could not ask for more.

I received a ARC for an honest review.
Loved it, I've been following along with Lizzy, her crazy grandma and her witch biker friends, sexy alpha Dimitri, her loving crazy dog and the rest of their gang. Now with a baby on the way and all the evil is about to come out to cause problems until pappa is on guard.
I really enjoyed this novel but I almost didn’t read it. The synopsis of the novel made it sound like this was going to a book about Lizzie and Dimitri fighting over what Lizzie should be allowed and not allowed to do now that she is pregnant. I really dislike novels focused on the man versus woman roles and men being overprotective and the very boring and predictable relationship struggles where finally in the end they realize each other point of view and compromise and everything is amazing again.

THANK GOODNESS THAT WAS NOT THIS NOVEL! As a matter of fact there was no relationship struggles and Lizzie kicked “butt” as usual with the help of her amazing griffin, the fun and adventurous biker withes, and her exuberant Jack Russel Terrier. SPOILER ALERT – She was even able to get one of the biker witches to temporarily wear clothes from ‘The Gap’!

As usual, Angie Fox delivers an entertaining and exciting story. We learn more about Lizzie and her life before demon slaying and I can’t wait to find out how Lizzie, Dimitri, and the biker witches handle the new addition to the demon slayer family!
YES!!! First of all, I LOVE this series. Truly, from the bottom of my heart, adore it. Unfortunately, I haven't read them in order and I'm going to admit, it is definitely helpful to read them in order. That being said, not being caught up on all of them and having read out of order? STILL LOVED this book. We get to become more familiar with Dimitri's family while Lizzie gets to see her adoptive family and biological family bond in a very unique way. I have to admit, I really loved the character development that was seen throughout this book and the way all the relationships developed too. I can't wait for the next one and I really hope there's no surprise or lasting damage done to the pregnancy. I'm a little afraid to write more because I don't want to spoil anything but the title does give a little bit away. The humor is as expected - brilliant. The dialogue remains witty with moments that give you the feels and one liners you want to steal. This was another quality installment to one of my favorite series and a great reminder I need to get to reading the rest of the series. If you're looking for a little something different and fun in your paranormal, this is definitely the series for you.

Thank you to Moose Island Books, Season Publishing, Angie Fox, and NetGalley for allowing me the chance to read this book and share my honest opinions with others.
I Loved all of the books in the Demon Slayer series. They are laugh out loud funny, but also can keep you on the edge of your seat. This book is the last in the series, and everything was wrapped up very nicely. Lizzie, Dimitri, and the babies living happily ever after. What to expect when you demon slayer is expecting starts with lizzie, and dimitri and the biker witches going back to Lizzies hometown for a party for Dimitri. Something goes wrong however and Lizzie's mom ends up being possessed by something. Most of the book is Lizzie and the gang trying to figure out how to get rid of whats in her mom, only for her to end up possessed herself, and at the same time finding out she's pregnant. Then comes the great battle, where she has to expel the thing inside her and save her unborn babies.
This was a great ending, and if Angie Fox decided to write more demon slayer books in the future with the kids I would most definitely read them.. Also if you haven't yet you should check out the other books she has written, they are all fantastic...
Princess Fuzzypants here:  Let me start off saying I like Angie Fox but I am not sure if I am all that fussed about her demon slayer books.  This is my first foray into this particular world and it did not catch me like her ghosts series.  It felt like she was trying to channel her inner Buffy but without the fun.  I found myself skimming through pages to get to the “good stuff” which is always a bad sign for me.
It was not that I disliked it- far from it.  But with the volume of books I read, when something falls short of some of the others, it is unfortunate.   I must admit my favourite part of the book was Lizzie’s interaction with her dog.  He is a great character and very Jack Russell.  She certainly has a steamy relationship with her husband and her connection to the big bad was also strong.  It just was not enough for me to give it a high rating.  If you are a fan of the series, I have no doubt you will enjoy this book.  If, like me, you are coming to it cold, it may not meet your expectations.
I give it three and a half purrs and one paw up.