Cover Image: Beer Hacks

Beer Hacks

This book is hilarious and adorable, with many tips, tricks, and interesting facts about the amazing world of beer. I will probably not purchase it for our library because of the demographics of our readers, but I would recommend it for anyone with a twenty- or thirtysomething reading population. Great illustrations in the style of a first-aid manual.
Good idea for a creative gift for fathers day. Ben shows tricks related to beers that are sort of way creative. The WEDDING RING method to replace a  BOTTLE OPENER made my day.
Think you've learned all the tricks of the beer trade? Think again. You may know some but you don't know 100 (or maybe you do). But now you can, with Beer Hacks: 100 Tips and Tricks to Better Your Brew by Ben Robinson.

Need to learn all kinds of silly beer tricks, weird projects, and tips you're unlikely to use? Beer Hacks: 100 Tips and Tricks to Better Your Brew has you covered. It's filled with all kinds of silliness that only a beer bro needs to know.

Here's a look at some of what the book has to offer:

Quick ways to cool a beer down.
Open a beer with everyday objects.
Clean crap with beer when you should be drinking it.
Just 2 beer-based food recipes.
4 beer cocktails.
"Everything you need to know about glassware, serving temps, and more" presented in just 22 tiny pages.
Infusing beer with random flavors.

This might be a funny book to get a beer loving friend or throw in someone's stocking, but it offers little of interest for the hardcore craft beer fan. Most of the advice it contains is geared towards the casual beer drinker, rather than the beer aficionado. You may find a tip or two, but most if going to seem pretty childish in nature.

The advice contained in Beer Hacks may not skew towards the hardcore craft beer fan, but it is a good reminder that we shouldn't take beer too seriously. Beer is a beverage to appreciate but also to enjoy and have fun with. We often need a reminder of that final piece. Relax and have a beer, without the pretentiousness that sometimes seeps into the craft category.
From the publisher ---
Beer drinking is about to get even more fun, with 100 inventive tips and hacks for improving how you taste, store, serve, or save your brews (including fun projects that use the cans and bottles). A gift for any beer lover, this book celebrates and appreciates their passion with a splash of fun and without taking itself too seriously.

As a Canadian who lives down the street from Labatt's, I take my beer pretty seriously ... lol. ... aNd I rave that our government run beer stores don't have Yuengling on a regular basis. This book was a fun read - not too serious but full of great tips about storage, craft projects, etc.

Not exactly a book club book but it will be a fun read for any beer lover...with a title and subject like this book has, I did not expect a serious book but it was nice to read a book for FUN and FUN ONLY!