Hitting the Books

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 11 Oct 2018

Lindsey and Sully's story continues.  Lindsey seems to 'fall into murder' and Sully wants her to be safe.  This story has twists and turns that will keep you riveted.  I cou!d not put this book down.
This review was posted on Goodreads.

Better than the last one in the series. I still felt like Lindsay spent too much time pretending she wasn't going to investigate but it wasn't nearly as bad as the previous book. I also thought the murderer was a little too obvious but that might have just been me.

I did love to see Sully, Beth, and the rest of the gang again and I like the way McKinlay has moved the characters and their lives forward over the course of the series.
This is such a great series!  I didn't want to start this one, because I knew it was going to go fast (which it did).  The mystery was a little different (no one died), but I was still guessing until the end.  The story moved along at a great pace and had enough of the personal lives of the characters to keep me interested in the story aside from the mystery.  I can't wait for the next one!  (And the sneak peak of the author's new series was great!  I can't wait for it either!)
Another winner from Jenn McKinlay! I really enjoyed this one. McKinlay's Lindsay Norris is back for another adventure in Briar Creek. I love how even though it's a cozy mystery, her characters show growth and substance. The storyline kept me reading, and I kept guessing on who was behind it all. As a fellow librarian, her accuracy of the library world is spot on, and I appreciate that. 5 stars and I cannot wait for the next book.
Lindsay is back in the latest Library Lover's mystery. Although she has vowed to not get involved in any more mysteries after her life has been in danger multiple times, she just can't resist trying to figure out who threatened Theresa, a mild-mannered tennis instructor with no known enemies. She is also navigating her relationship with her significant other. This is a well-written mystery with colorful characters and an interesting plot with a few twists here and there.
A very pleasant cozy mystery for those who prefer their reading to not be grusom or bloody. It starts nicely and continues on in the same manner. It also has a bit of romance between some of the characters for the reader who likes a love story to unfold along with their mystery. I enjoyed the book and have no qualms on recommending it to the aforementioned class of readers.

I have rated this book 4 stars.

I received an ARC from Netgalley for my unbiased review.
Let me preface by saying I love this series and with each additional book I find myself thinking 'OH! now that one's my favorite so far.' And needless to say this installment is 'my favorite so far.'
I love how the characters are growing. How the storyline flowed and the mystery has twists and turns throughout the book. The story never lagged or dragged.
The family dynamics was an added plus. And who can go wrong when there's romance added to the mix?
All in all a wonderful read that will keep you turning the pages till the surprise ending.
An intriguing addition to the series! This one was a fast read and a little bit eerie, too. I always like it when mysteries (especially cozy series) acknowledge that people are complex, and nobody is all good or all bad. In this case, I guess the killer is indeed all bad and a bit one-dimensional. But everybody else feels more real--from the best friend who can't stop talking about her wedding, to the person trying to do the best he or she can do as a parent, to the lemon. Also, I was really sick of the Robbie vs. Sully dithering and am glad storyline is finished!
Another fun entry in the series.  The mystery was suspenseful and the main characters had their storylines moved along as well.

*Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for providing an e-galley in exchange for an honest review.
This was a fun read devoured in one day. What's not to love about a mystery involving books, a library and a library director?