Cover Image: Little Sister

Little Sister

This book is a page turner. Very enjoyable. Thanks to NetGalley, the author and the publisher for the ARC of this book in return for my honest review. Receiving the book in this manner had no bearing on my review.
Thank you so much for the opportunity to review this book and to be an early reader via NetGalley! However, I will not be writing a review for this title at this time, as my reading preferences have since changed somewhat. In the event that I decide to review the book in the future, I will make sure to purchase a copy for myself or borrow it from a library. Once again, thank you so much for providing me with early access to this title. I truly appreciate it. Please feel free to contact me with any follow-up questions or concerns.
Great thrilling novel which kept me turning the pages, would highly recommend to others. Brilliant writing, plot and characters.
This book was okay - it was sort of predictable and none of the characters were that likable. Overall the book felt a little hard to get through but I would be open to reading another book by this author.
Little sister is a dark and disturbing psychological thriller. Lots of lies, secrets, and a dash of suspense. However, I felt the pace was a little too slow for the genre.
Unfortunately I didn't like this one as much as I thought I would. Pacing is huge for me and this one fell a little flat in that area, which made me less engaged in the actual story. The premise of this novel intrigued me a lot and I think for some people this book could be great, I just am very picky when it comes to thrillers that are extremely slow.
A well written thriller about a pair of formerly estranged sisters who upon living together again face an unbelievably hard tragedy.  Well plotted, believable even if unlikable characters.  I look forward to reading more from this author.
The writing in this book was interesting, but I just hand no desire to continue the story. I tried to get into it.
A twisted world of family secrets and sibling rivalry.. This story is a twisted psychological thriller.
After 16 yrs apart sisters Jessica and Emily reunite. With the past behind them, the warmth they once shared quickly returns and before long Jessica is moving into Emily's island home. But when baby Daisy disappears while in Jessica's care, the perfect life that Emily has built so carefully for her and her daughter starts to fall apart. Was Emily right to trust her sister Jessica after everything that has happened before???

This book has so many secrets that get revealed, once I think I have it all figured out, another secret turns up and crushes my theory.. Who is hiding what?? Why are there so many secrets?? Why has it been 16 years since the sisters have spoke????

There were some great parts in this story, but at times I got bored and it felt like it was just dragging on and on, and I got bored. Then it would pick up a bit, and I needed to know what happened to Daisy. In the beginning you find out that one sister isn't as nice as she claims to be. There are a lot of twists and turns in this book which make it very interesting, and some parts that were slow, like I said above..

I do look forward to other books that this author comes out with...
I found Little Sisters to be gripping from the beginning and liked how it started out and continued as a gripping suspense story but also developed the complex relationship between the two estranged sisters.
Jess and Emily are two very different sisters who have been estranged for many years. They have recently reconciled and Jess is now living with Emily. Emily's daughter, Daisy goes missing when Jess is babysitting her while Emily, her husband and stepdaughter go out for New Year's Eve. What follows is a suspenseful search for Daisy and an examination of Jess and Emily's past.
It becomes clear relatively early in the book who is responsible for Daisy's disappearance but the growing understanding of the sisters and their convoluted relationship holds the novel together.
Another family suspense/mystery. this time focusing on sisters. It is told in alternating POV (Jess and Emily). As is common with family dramas, there are unresolved issues and secrets from the past that rear their heads. There are some good twists here, but I did have some trouble connecting to the characters which made it a little difficult to stay engrossed. Overall though a good thriller to add to your stack.
Fantastic read, so many twists and turns that you have to keep reading. I found both sisters Jess and Emily really interesting characters and the relationship between them fascinating. Setting the story on the Isle of Wight was a brilliant idea.
An infant is missing and everyone looks guilty. From the tired mother to the husband with the wandering eye, the moody teenager to the ex-nanny, anyone could have had motive and opportunity. Isabel Ashdown’s Little Sister tells the story of an abduction and the aftermath from multiple points of view. Even though the reader is privy to the thoughts of these characters, crafty writing will keep you guessing throughout this suspenseful novel. A big reveal happens halfway through the book and yet the tension continues as new questions and suspicions arise. A gifted storyteller, Ashdown’s fifth novel will take you for a ride with a very satisfying ending.
it was amazing

Great thriller about a missing little girl, with the past coming out to haunt everyone involved. 5 stars!

I love reading thrillers lately and this one didn't disappoint. What at first seems like the kidnapping of a baby turns out to be so much more in this story filled with secrets from the past.

I haven't read this author before but I'm very interested in reading more of her work. This was well-written, with no continuity errors, and albeit a little predictable, it held my interest throughout.

Would recommend to: fans of Shari Lapena! If you enjoyed The Couple Next Door you will love this one, I think.
I didn't finish this book in its entirety,  so I do not feel comfortable providing a review. There  wasn't anything "wrong ' with it,  per say,  it just wasn't whayI thought it would be.
I did not enjoy this.  Could barely finish.  Just one of those ones for me unfortunately.

Thank you to the publisher for providing an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
This is a very good read, you will doubt all of the characters morales at one point in the book which leaves you intrigued over the ending. It’s well written and I got quickly engrossed in the story.
When I was reading this book, I was so glad that I'm an only child! Emily is a thoroughly dislikable woman and I'm not sure Jess is much better - though her personality has been moulded and coloured by the way her sister has behaved to her. Even James leaves a bit of a bad taste in the mouth.

That saying, I found the story engaging and it held my attention right to the epilogue, but unfortunately, that's where it fell apart for me.

I wasn't too keen on the way the author brought everything together, and found the ending problematic.
There was never any character that you could believe in. There were so many lies, you weren't sure who to trust or like. After a while, Emily just really grated on the nerves. I felt there was a lull in the middle of the book. I loved the setting and wish more detail had been provided about that.
When Jess is babysitting for her baby neice Daisy she passes out and when James and Emily come back Daisy is missing...... was it a burglary and baby snatch or is there something more sinister and what secrets are they all keeping...... why were Emily and Jess estranged?

A great psychological thriller that kept you turning the pages with so many secrets coming out and working well by being told by the different points of view