The Secrets to Deliverance

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: Not set

While this book is very interesting, I feel a little unequipped to evaluate its message.  I feel like the author does a good job of breaking down information and making it easier to understand.  The methods he describes do not really sit well with me.  But because I have no training in deliverance ministry, I cannot say if it is biblically correct or not.  That being said, it is worth the read but I would recommend reading with discernment, wise counsel, and biblical truths.
I requested this book because of my interest in developing a more spiritual lifestyle and deeper relationship with God.  Knowing that we are all sinners, although we are saved by grace, there are still issues or struggles that we deal with.  I was somewhat reluctant to read the book but knowing that we constantly fight a spiritual battle, I wanted to be more knowledgeable on how demonic spirits can keep me bound.   Lots of useful information was include such as prayers and words we can speak over ourselves.  This book equips readers on identifying and purging those demons from within.
This book offers a very good but not new analogy that we are like a house with many rooms, and those rooms need cleaning, so are our soul and body. The author gives a few examples of what might plague us in every room and a short prayer of deliverance. To me, it definitely was not detailed enough, it was just a brief introduction into the subject to warm up the readers to the idea of this even being a possibility. The author does not state that everything bad that happens in our lives comes necessarily from a demonic origin, but sometimes it does, and it is good to know how to recognize it and get rid of it.
I would definitely recommend this book for people who are seeking deliverance from evil. It's a step by step guide to evicting the demonic influences in your life. I would never have thought of a demonic presence as inhabiting different parts of my body. Only ever thought of them as possessing or influencing a person as a whole. You can easily see why and how exorcisms don't work for the Catholic Church and why. Also why each case has to be dealt with in its own individual way.

Some people will find this book offensive as it talks about illness and disease being a demonic entity in your body and people who are homosexual or bi sexual having a demonic influence in them. But what else is illnesses but a negative force on your body? I too struggle to see a child of three dying of leukemia as having a demonic presence within them but inviting God into a child's life is never a bad thing. I don't believe being gay is an abomination, however I do believe becoming Christian no matter your sexual orientation is a good thing. God loves us uncondiontally and that includes what are sexual orientation is. However I do agree it is unnatural. It is a perversion and so in that sense I see what the bible means. We are all flawed and imperfect beings and life is but a classroom.

What I enjoyed most about this book is the history it provides on scripture in layman terms, its very interesting. Pick it up if you can take what you need from it and leave behind what doesn't fit right for you. Everyone relationship with God is a personal one. Do not go off other people's but your own.