Cover Image: The Date

The Date

Finally got round to reading this book which I did enjoy like all her other books I have read. Picked up the pace nicely with a tense story
I love Louise Jensen and everything she writes. The Date is no exception.
A terrifying and twisty tale that links really sensitively to an unusual medical condition that Louise has clearly thoroughly researched.
Kept me wondering until the end and felt brilliantly claustrophobic and suspenseful throughout.
The Date by Louise Jensen is an intriguing and suspenseful thriller that kept me guessing until the end. I was especially excited with the way Jensen included prosopagnosia. Psychology has always been a fascination of mine and is what I ultimately decided to study in college, so this added an extra layer of interest into Ali's story for me.

Ali's story was mostly fast paced, but there were some moments where I felt the narration would wonder off on an extremely detailed memory or tangent that slowed down the momentum of the story. Overall, The Date is a thrilling read that I would recommend to anyone who enjoys suspenseful read!
Very good read. I really enjoyed this book. Will look for more from this author. Thanks to NetGalley, the author and the publisher for the ARC of this book in return for my honest review. Receiving the book in this manner had no bearing on my review.
This author is amazing with her works.  She has such a great ability to write characters and scenes with such vivid descriptions
Who doesn't look a good psychological thriller? Especially one written by Louise Jensen.
This was quite a frightening read and made me glad that I'm not involved in the world of internet dating!

Having separated from her Husband, Ali embarked on an internet date. What happened on the date and after it, is a mystery. The thought of waking up at home and not knowing what had happened to her, was a scary concept.

Who is taunting Ali and why. I kept coming up with so many possibilities in my head, only to have a curve ball thrown in my path. There were curve balls galore in this thriller.

This is another great read from Louise Jensen, who can certainly hold her own against some of the top psychological thriller writers. You certainly won't see the end coming!

Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for allowing me to read this book.
Absolutely enjoyed from start to finish, u didn't want the book to end. Highly recommended, if you like books that keep you guessing and on the edge of your seat.
This Author is really great. I really loved this book. This tale was highly engrossing and highly recommendable!!
This book was one that by the description sounded so promising! However the reading experience was frustrating to say the least. The main character felt unbelieveable and her reasoning just didn't make sense. Because of this the twists were less satisfying than they could have been.
I really enjoyed this story, as much as I did the Sister and the Surrogate!  Full of mystery, it's a page-turner that keeps you guessing. Really recommend it!
Thank you so much for the opportunity to review this book and to be an early reader via NetGalley! However, I will not be writing a review for this title at this time, as my reading preferences have since changed somewhat. In the event that I decide to review the book in the future, I will make sure to purchase a copy for myself or borrow it from a library. Once again, thank you so much for providing me with early access to this title. I truly appreciate it. Please feel free to contact me with any follow-up questions or concerns.
While the concept was interesting The Date didn't work for me. The twists were predictable and I found myself waiting for the wow factor to happen but it never did. I will say, however, that it was different than the normal amnesia storylines which was refreshing. I would recommend it to a friend even though it didn't work for me. Maybe it was the timing, never know.
When Ali and her husband Matt decide to separate, Ali moves in with her best friend, Chrissy. Chrissy talks Ali into using a dating app where she meets Ewan. Chrissy and Ewan go on a date that ends up going badly. The next day, Ali wakes up with blood on her, shoes missing, bruises and she can't remember what happened. She also has a condition where she can no longer recognize faces, even those closest to her. As she begins to find out what happened, many secrets are revealed, including finding out that those closest to her might have an ulterior motive.
A great quick read by Jensen.
This book hooks the reader and take them on a ride of their lifetime! I have read a number of Louise's novels, and are never disappointed.  Highly recommended.
I haven't read any books by this author but I liked the sound of this one. The beginning part gripped me but the middle got a little boring and I ended up skim reading some of it. The last few chapters picked up when we found out who was tormenting Ali and finding out what happened to her family. I didn't expect it to be who it was and was shocked. Good ending and storyline. I would look out for her next book. Thank you for accepting my request for a review.
When Alison Taylor wakes up after a date, she is hurt and she doesn’t recognise her own face. After hospital tests, she learns that she has a condition called prosopagnosia which means she can no longer recognise anyone. She knows she needs to figure out what happened that night before she gets hurt again. Or worse. But that is easier said than done when you don’t know who you can trust.

Whilst the premise was interesting and I was intrigued to find out what happened, unfortunately the plot was slow too get going and ultimately just felt too far fetched.
The Date. Action packed keeps you guessing.  Ali wakes up sore and disoriented.  She has no idea what happened the night before.  All she knows is she went on a blind date. Her best friend is missing. She’s living with Chrissy because she’s separated from her husband Matt. Her brother Ben is helping her. Can’t put down book.
Every time I start another Louise Jensen novel I’m immediately thrown into the storyline and can’t put it down until I’ve finished! The Date was exactly the same! With another unique storyline, it was intriguing to learn about face blindness. Written and executed superbly!

With a plot full of twists, a storyline that intensified as it continued and an ending with such a twist I gasped out loud! This will surely become your favourite Jensen novel as it did mine!

Fabulous novel as always!
The Date is a tense psychological thriller full of suspense, twists and turns. An entertaining read.  My thanks to Netgalley for my copy.
I really loved this book.  It was gripping although some of the 'twists' were sadly predictable but this didn't deter me from wanting to race to the next chapter and the next...

Thanks to Bookouture for allowing me to read this book in exchange for an honest review.