The Ex-Wife

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 11 Jun 2018

A really good read - though damn infuriating! You always know you're emotionally invested in a book when you find yourself shouting at the characters!

Thanks to Bookouture for allowing me to read this book in exchange for an honest review.
This was the second book by Jess Ryder that I have read, and it was just as good as the first. Full of twists and suspense, which is all we ask from this genre! Recommended!
Loved this one! Natasha is young, married, and has a beautiful little girl.  Her life is perfect. Only, its really not. Turns out Natasha's husband is the man she had an affair with. His first wife, Jen, voluntarily left their home (the one Natasha now lives in) and agreed to a divorce. She is dear friend to the family, who all support her and loathe Natasha. And, she is still close to her ex-husband. Yep, Jen is always around and it doesn't sit well with Natasha. Especially, when she learns that Jen and her husband may be rekindling their past love. I won't say anything else, because another twist shows up that threw me. Suffice it to say, this was a fun one - thrilling and suspenseful.
The Ex Wife – Jess Ryder

This is the second novel I’ve read written by the talented Jess Ryder, the first was Lie to Me and I am now one of her biggest fans.  I’d happily recommend this to anyone who likes a good psychological thriller.

When something looks and seems too perfect it generally means it’s anything but and that describes what’s happening with Natasha.  She has it all a lovely home, the lovely Nick, money aplenty and lets not forget the best thing of all Emily but she’d do well not to forget how she got it.  She’s not the first and she won’t be the last that’s for sure.

The ex-wife seems unable to let go, she finds her way back into Nicks life, the endless phone calls and random drop ins.  Natasha resents this immensely but will it stay that way? Or will she suddenly need Jen more than Jen needs her?  What happens next makes for interesting reading.

There’s plenty of intrigue, lies to keep this as a page-turner of a book.  It makes you think about trusting people and just how you can be deceived and destroyed by the ones you love the most and who profess to love you as much if not more.

Read for an honest review.  Thank you Netgalley and Bookouture
Before getting hold of this novel (many thanks to Netgalley!) I had yet to read a book by Jess Ryder, and now I'm a big fan. The Ex-Wife is a solid, brilliantly-paced and chilling psychological thriller that's particularly unique.

Natasha seemingly has the perfect life. She has her wonderful, wealthy husband Nick, a dream home and a beautiful daughter, Emily. The only problem in her otherwise idyllic life is Jen - Nick's clingy ex-wife who hasn't seemed to accept that the marriage is over. Jen is always on the phone to Nick, or with them at family events, and given that the home Nastasha now lives in used to belong to Jen, the awkwardness is overbearing.

However, when Natasha returns home one day to discover daughter Emily is missing, along with all her things, it seems that there's one person behind it  - Nick. Who, she's realised, isn't so perfect after all. But when it turns out that the only person she can turn to is Jen, ex-wife and sworn enemy, things begin to get tricky.

But Natasha will do anything to get her daughter back...

This was a brilliant read, and I absolutely love Jess Ryder's writing. It pulls you in right from the start, and I was hooked until the end.

The only thing that prevented a 5-star rating was Natasha herself; she is not a strong character, and even though that's okay, she comes across as way too naive to even be realistic in some of the book.

Other than that, this was such an enjoyable thriller, and I'm looking forward to the next one!
For me this book started off very confusing and slow, but as I kept on reading it started to get suspenseful.  You don't know what is going to happen next, it has you on edge and wanting more.
Natasha has the perfect life, an amazing husband and a beautiful daughter... The only problem that lingers is the Ex Wife... Natasha comes home one day to find no Nick, no Emily and all their belongings are gone.
What is going on??? The story is told from two point of views Natasha's and Anna's, but who is Anna??
She is on the run, but from who??? And why?? How does she play into what happened to Natasha's family??

It leaves you not believing anyone!! The ending is totally creepy....
wow! what an amazing read! tons of twists and turns and full of suspense. held my attention right from the first page to the last page. just when I think I have figured out what is going to happen I am proved wrong. can't wait for more from this amazing author!
A seemingly perfect marriage, secrets and lies, the Ex-Wife who won’t leave them alone, the husband and daughter who disappears and then what happens makes for one twisty entertaining read.

Jess Ryder does such a great job creating a face-paced twisty and captivating story that had me questioning so many things throughout this story. The story grabbed my attention from the start and didn’t let go till that brilliant and satisfying ending. I highly recommend

Thank you to NetGalley and Bookouture for my copy to read and review
Bookouture does it again with this one! A Story of mystery and intrigue and the hidden nightmare behind someone apparent “Dream Life.” I loved this story and drank it all in. I would recommend to anyone who loves psychological thrillers!
I love this author and couldn't wait to read "The Ex Wife" and have to say I absolutely loved it! Natasha seems to have it all a doting husband called Nick, a beautiful little daughter called Emily and a luxurious lifestyle to boot. The only fly in the ointment if Nick's ex wife Jen who is constantly in their lives but Natasha thinks things are ok until one day she comes home to find Nick, Emily.and all of their belongings are gone!!!! Natasha is so desperate to find her husband and daughter that she accepts help from Jen and thus begins an addictive roller coaster ride of book that will have you spinning the whole way through!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to Bookouture, Jess Ryder and NetGalley for the advance copy of The Ex Wife my review it honest and unbiased in any way.
Natasha seemingly has it all - a rich older husband and a beautiful little girl. BUT she also has her husband Nick's ex-girlfriend Jen who doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

Understandably, Natasha wants Jen gone! I mean, there were times when even I wanted her gone. Then one day, Natasha is talking to her husband's driver Sam and he tells her that Nick has been visiting Jen's house late at night.

Bam! Plot twists after plot twists. Who is the victim here? That was a difficult question to answer.

I did feel like there were a few cliffhangers that we not quite answered but ultimately I found this book very entertaining.
This book kept me gripped right from the start. Lots of twists and turns, not once did I guess what was coming next. A 5 star read for me.
Jess knows how to keep you turning the pages. A very good writer.
This has been a great read, highly enjoyable from start to finish with plenty of action and drama.

I thought the story plot was so cleverly entwined and I really enjoyed getting to know each of the characters and seeing how each of their stories developed throughout.

I was truly captivated and enthralled with this book and throughout reading it, I kept trying to piece everything together in my head, and figure it all out, and wondering how it would all end. Suffice to say I couldn't have been more wrong if I tried.

So another excellent book from Jess.
I really enjoyed this book, the tension was so powerful throughout - lots of twists and turns and who is in the wrong and who is in the right. Would definitely recommend
BOOM!
Jess Ryder has done it again with the dark and twisted tale!
I love the way the author grabs the reader immediately and then we have no choice but to carry on!
The characters were interesting, shocking and intriguing all in one.
The ploy was cleverly written and laid out to throw the reader - and that is exactly what happened.
I'm really looking forward to what is next from Jess Ryder.
Natasha has the picture perfect family, a loving husband and daughter, Emily.  She only has one problem in her life, the ex-wife, who is still in love with her husband and will not leave them alone.

One day when going to pick Emily from day care Natasha finds her missing without a trace.  What could have happened to her?  Her husband was supposed to have dropped Emily off that morning.  Did something happen to them? Did he take her?  Natasha is desperate to find Emily and will do anything it takes.

The Ex-Wife is a fantastic read that will keep you on the edge of you seat until the very last page.  I love the multiple perspectives, you just never know who to trust.  Highly recommended!
Ooohhh this is good,twists and turns and grips you from the beginning! A fab book you can look forward to!!!
Being an ex-wife myself, I could identify with a lot of the issues that were raised in the book, as well as the frustrations!
This was a true page turner, and I couldn't wait to see how it ended.  Highly recommended, can't wait to read the next Jess Ryder (hint... hint.... start writing please!)
Great enjoyable read full of twists and turns
Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC in return for an honest review.
This was a fantastic book! I couldn’t put it down. So many twists....I loved how the author alternated between past time and present to tell the story.