Stolen Obsession

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 09 Aug 2018

Stolen Obsession is the first installment form Marlene M Bell’s series, Annalisse. It is, also, the author’s debut novel. The reader is introduced to Annalisse Drury, an antiquities appraiser from New York. She finds herself trying to identify the killer of her best fired through a missing five hundred year old bracelet that carries an evil curse. She finds a necklace matching the bracelet at a gallery opening in Manhattan. Despite advising to have the necklace destroyed, another murder occurs. She asks Alec Zavos for help when his parents go missing. The two go on an action packed adventure that involves danger, mystery and suspense.
I enjoyed Stolen Obsession. It captured my attention to the point I did not want to put the book down until the end. It is not a long read but it is full of twists and turns that I did not expect or could not have predicted. I loved Annalisse and admired her courage, bravery and strength. I loved her even more when she meets the handsome Alec. Those two had great chemistry that made me want to root for a romance. I enjoyed other characters that I found to be fun and energetic.
I give Stolen Obsession four and a half stars. I recommend it for those who love a good and entertaining romantic suspense. I can not wait to see what happens next to Annalisse Drury in book two of the Annalisse series. I most definitely believe this is a book not to be missed.
I received this book from the author. This review is 100% my own honest opinion.
I surprisingly enjoyed this book quite a bit. I was in a bit of a book slump so this definitely helped me get out of it! I highly recommend this! Thank you for allowing me to review this book!
I received an ARC from Net Galley in exchange for an honest review.  Stolen obsession was a nice summer read; a bit of romance, summer travel and a bit mystery with cursed jewelry. It’s not often an author uses a split narrative so that you hear both the female and male leads which was a nice touch.
What an awesome story. Good solid plot with some suspense. I enjoyed this book and I am looking to read more by this talented author.
Annalisse was still coming to terms with the gruesome death of her best friend Sam. Her friend’s expensive bracelet was stolen and Annalisse believes it carried a curse that got her friend killed. She attends a friend’s gallery opening and sees the matching necklace. Unfortunately, the curse strike’s again that night. She joins together with the gallery owner’s son Alec to follow the trail of the curse through Greece and Turkey and throws herself all in to save Alec’s Mum when she is kidnapped. This is a rollercoaster mystery involving the FBI and CIA and brings many more surprises along the way.
I was given an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.