All Your Fault

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 27 Aug 2018

From the heartbreaking beginning I was hooked and knew this was going to be a great book!!

Suzanne is an overworked, stressed social worker trying to balance work with bringing up her daughter Tiegan. When Tiegan sees country houses for sale on her mother’s laptop they argue as she is adamant she does not want to move. Suzanne goes to work hoping to sort things out later, but returns thinking Tiegan is in her bedroom and doesn’t realise that she has disappeared and when they find her mobile phone they know something bad has happened!!

Suzanne doesn’t remember what she did after their argument and worries that she had blacked out. We are given snippets of her past life and discover why she wanted to help children.

A gripping read with a surprising ending. If you love books with lots of suspense that will keep you on the edge of you’re seat then this is the one for you,

Thank you to Netgalley for my copy in exchange for a review.
Social worker Suzanne has seen it all. Abuse, neglect of children.  When her own daughter goes missing her life goes spiraling down.  Suzanne winds up not remembering what happened the morning she had a fight with Teigan.   Intense story
Suzanne is a single mother and social worker who has spent most of her life helping children in the system. Her own daughter Teigan feels ignored by her mom who works long hours and the two have an argument. Shortly after that Teigan goes missing and you embark in roller-coaster ride to figure out where Teigan is.
This is a fantastic debut. I loved the characters. This book got me fooled several times when I thought I knew what was going on. Great psychological thriller.
I'd like to thank NetGalley for providing me with an early copy of the book in exchange for my honest review.
wow! what an amazing read! tons of twists and turns and full of suspense. held my attention right from the first page to the last page. just when I think I have figured out what is going to happen I am proved wrong. can't wait for more from this amazing author!
Oh my...there aren't many books that make me cry but this one certainly did. What a wonderful ending.
Very well written, loved it.
First of, thank you Netgalley and the publisher for this ARC in exchange for an honest opinion.

This was such a well written, well thought out debut that had me hookedfrom the first page to the last page. I was completely immersed and couldn’t wait to finish it. It was enthralling, atmospheric and totally suspenseful. J.C Lewin wove a spellbinding tale of family drama in a quick and realistic way which made it so easy to read!

Definitely recommended if you love thrilling novels!
Thank you to Netgalley, the author and the publisher for this ARC - which is no longer an advanced copy. I learned that sometimes when you try to read a book it may just not be the right time. Life finally slowed down enough for me to fit time in to read this and try to give it a second chance, which I’m content to have done. A little slow build initially, but the writing is great and the characters are likeable. I will look forward to reading something from this author in the future.
All Your Fault by J.C. Lewin
Publisher: Bastei Entertainment

Thanks to NetGalley and publisher Bastei Entertainment for the ebook ARC of All Your Fault by J.C. Lewin in exchange for an honest review.

She’s saved so many lives. But can she save her own daughter?

Social worker, Suzanne Walker has spent her life protecting children from abuse. Then one of her young wards is found dead. And her own teenage daughter, Teigan, goes missing. Suzanne’s cosy life shatters to pieces.
It’s like Teigan has vanished into thin air. What really happened that day? The question haunts Suzanne, as she recaps the morning leading up to Teigan’s disappearance. They had a fight. A normal mother-daughter disagreement. Did Teigan run away?
Detective Sergeant Anthony Clarke takes on the case. Why are there traces of blood in the house? Why didn’t Suzanne contact the police sooner? It seems like everyone is hiding something.
As the investigation deepens, one thing becomes clear: the past always catches up with you, no matter who you are.

I give this book a rating of 5 stars and I highly recommend reading this fast paced thriller. The book started out a bit slow, and wasn’t sure how I was going to like it. Then Teigan disappears and the story quickly picks up.  Suzanne did not remember what had happened the morning her daughter disappeared and J.C. Lewin made you doubt the main character, Suzanne. I did not see that ending coming and I was really pulled in. The book was amazing and I really look forward to reading more by J.C. Lewin.

AllYourFault #NetGalley
A good well written debut novel, well worth buying

Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC in return for an honest review.
Title was archived before I could review it sadly. Guess I will have to buy it if I would like to read it. I am new to the Galley and was not aware of the fact that the archival date meant that I could not access the title anymore. Too bad
This was definitely a ride!  I thought i had an idea of where the novel was taking me, but boy was i wrong.  So many twists and turns, this roller coaster of a book was right up my alley.  You sit there wondering if Suzanne hurt her child in a PTSD dissociative rage?  Did one of her former clients kidnap her?  Was there a paedophile in the midst?  So intriguing and really engaging.

Thank you to the publisher for providing an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Fantastic! First book I’ve read by this author and won’t be the last. Couldn’t put it down and kept me guessing and changing my perspective throughout. Also loved Monty’s character abduction how controversial his role in the story was. Complex plot line, with a far-fetched ending, but there’s nothing I wouldn’t change. Five stars.
This was a really great book and would make a good book club read as it brought up some really interesting points. All in all I really liked the book and well recommended.
This debut novel is one of the best I have ever read. So heart wrenching and the character building was so strong. I loved it and finished it extremely fast. Definitely a page turner. So many secrets on top of secrests on top of secrets. Thank you so much for allowing me to read this book and review it for you.
This book was a good read. It had some twists and turns in the story. It did get a little predictable, but not as much as some of the others in this genre. It did drag on a bit, especially toward the end and I feel it could have wrapped up to the same conclusion with less drag. There were some loose ends left open, but perhaps that is for further titles with some of the same characters—the detectives in particular. All-in-all, it was a good book.
What a brilliant book, I loved it from the beginning, couldn't put it down, great storyline, felt sorry for Suzanne and what she went through as a child
Fantastic read,finished it quickly as it drew me in and needed to know the outcome,will definitely read more by the same author
A really great story that had me interested from beginning to end.  Suzanne, a social worker and single mom is completely swept up in her job.  So much so, that when her daughter, Teigan, goes missing she doesn’t realize it for days.  This page turner has you asking did what happened to the girl.  Did her mother do something to her because she has gaps in her memory?  Loved this story.
Absolutely loved this book and read it in less than a day as I couldn't put it down! The plot was great and really drew me in from the very beginning. I didn't see the twist coming either! Will definitely look out for more from this author.
I loved this book. It got me from the first page and I wanted to know what was happening next... The ending was sensational and I highly recommend to everyone. Look forward to reading more of your work.