Never Enough Time

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 18 Jun 2018

Thank you to netgalley I received this as an ARC. I enjoyed it very much was good solid read. Solid 4 Stars for me!
**I received this from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review**

**This is a 2.5 rating**

Thank you Netgalley and  R.T.W. Lipkin for letting me read and review this book!! ^_^

Before Thoughts:
Well lookie here it seems that we have ourselves a book with some time travel. If that ain't an awesome thing then Idk what is?!

I think after being a huge fan of Doctor Who most of my life that I started to become interested in books having to do with time travel or how time works in general. And a book about a girl who's time seems to be passing her by by 7 year intervals is pretty interesting and I for one cannot wait until I've delved into this book.

Review:
Read on08/02/18
To be published on:06/07/18

Plot:
The story is basically about how Delaney chose to read a Sci-fi book before bed about time travel instead of working on her project.

She's basically what you'd call a procrastinator.

She does all her work at the last minute and these time skips of seven year intervals are the ways that she must learn her lesson about what happens when you procrastinate too much. Or when you choose to wait until the last minute.

Because waiting until the last minute means there'll never be enough time to complete your projects.

Will Delaney learn her lesson before it's too late?? Or will her procrastinating get the better of her??

Read to find out...I guess?!

Character(s):
Delaney:Character with dark hair, she's a smart student almost smart enough for valedictorian. She tends to procrastinate about her hw assignments by doing them at the last minute. She's a vegetarian, she enjoys some alone time, probably doesn't make a lot of friends, and she has such a smart mouth on her. I consider her character a bit juvenile or immature for her age.
(She low-key reminds me of my little sister.)

Final Thoughts:
I actually found myself bored a lot of the time, I found Delaney to be a bit too juvenile if anything most of the time she would remind me of a 12 or 13 year-old, the story was a lot like the movie Click just even more depressing in a way and maybe twice as frustrating.

I would've appreciated if the Path of Sevens wasn't so frustrating to learn more about. Because the spirits didn't try to explain anything and Delaney was too stupid to figure out that she brought the Path of Sevens onto herself.

And the story seems like it expects me to feel sorry for Delaney even though she isn't responsible, she swears so much like a 12 or 13 year-old first discovering that they can swear and thinking it's cool, and really all her explanations as to why she was on the Path of Sevens were kind of ridiculous.

And as for the chapters, they were too short and most of the characters were just so 2 dimensional most of the time with no room for development.

This book was a bit of a train-wreck. I really expected it to be more interesting with its time travel antics and maybe a bit more mature with its writing. But sadly some books learn to disappoint you.

Recommends to:
Well I guess if you liked the movie Click you might enjoy reading this.

Or if you are a procrastinator like Delaney then maybe you'd interested in reading about a procrastinator having to learn a lesson for procrastinating too much as time skips occur.

But for the most part if you're a very avid reader looking for a really good book that's worthy of your time then you might want to look elsewhere since it might not be for everyone.

Hope you enjoyed my review!! Thanks for reading!! ^_^
And go catch that good book!! ^_^

My Blog Site: https://emthetiger7.wixsite.com/thatrandomcardcaptor
I was unwilling to finish reading this book because the main character was beyond annoying and the premise turned out to not be as interesting as it sounded in the introductions I read. Very disappointing.
What if your entire life passed by in just seven days?

Delaney is a procrastinator - she puts everything off until the last minute but has been lucky so far because she's smart and able to work hard under pressure. Her mother complains of not having enough time and Delaney thinks she's crazy, she has all the time in the world.  Until she wakes up and finds seven years of her life had passed.

I loved, loved the idea behind this book. The phrase "What if your entire life passed by in just seven days? " sucked me in, especially since I've been very aware lately of how fast time if flying by.

I also adored the Delaney I first met in the book. She reminded me of myself once upon a time, a smart mouthed teen who knew everything. I thought she was hysterical.

When she first woke up and discovered that all this time had passed, I still  liked her, and felt her actions were pretty appropriate for a teenager waking up as an adult. But as she went on in the book, I had less patience with her, and thought that she didn't quite act like a teenager through the story, but also not like someone going through these experiences that she had. Her character was pretty unrealistic to me by the ending.

I also had no idea why she was so caught up on someone she only knew a few hours. Huh? He wasn't a high school boyfriend, or someone she'd known for ever, but someone she literally had a brief  encounter with but for some reason he became the love of her life.

I also had issues with what was happening to her the rest of the time- when she wasn't waking up as the Delaney we knew in the story.  Was she a completely different person? Two spirits in the same body? One misses a day every seven years and the other lives one day? It might have been more believable to me to have her wake up each day with those old memories a part of her, but still remembering seven years ago like it was today.  Does that make sense?

The ending also lost me.

So three stars because I loved the concept and the story had potential.  I kept reading because I wanted to find out what happened, even if I was fairly let down by the ending.

And note- I received this as an ARC in return for an honest review.
The story is about a girl who for some unknown reason, jumps ahead multiple years at a time like she is running out of time. I did not finish the book because I found the main character annoying and unrealistic.  She was cursing every other line which became a nuisance as I found her immature and ridiculous.  The concept of the story was good and would have been better with a main character the audience could have connected with and rooted for from the beginning.
Loved this book! Thank you to NetGalley for letting me read and review this book! Can’t wait to read more from this author
Fascinating premise, teenager lives 7 years every day, aging as she wakes each morning, completely unaware of what has transpired in ‘her’ life in the passing time.  Delaney, our protagonist, leaves everything until the last minute and has a teen’s complete lack of interest in anything unrelated to her own problems.  As each day passes, her body ages, but her mind is still basically 16 years old and stubbornly fixated on all that she has been denied;  wishing for another drink, since she is finally of age.  The book deals with mysteries:  of aging, loss, love and attachment.  All will be mentioned, some in passing and others with some detailed attention.  Although the book flails a bit with its plot and philosophical underpinnings, it is impossible to put down.  It moves quickly and is, in one word, delightful.  Delaney is as obnoxious as she is compelling, and readers will want to know how her story ends.  I received my copy from the publisher through NetGalley.
Never Enough Time is a story about a teenage girl named Delaney who finds herself in an unusual situation where every time she falls asleep she ages by seven years. Literally, one day is the equivalent of seven years. I had a really hard time liking Delaney as a person. One of the artifacts of aging so quickly is that she had a teenager's mentality the entire time she aged. The inner monologue was incredibly annoying. I couldn't condone her life choices such as stealing her best friend's boyfriend and drinking heavily while pregnant. The story itself didn't make sense most of time. I actually didn't finish the book. Interesting concept, but the delivery was just not working for me.
40 pages in and I'm done. I can't handle any more "F*** this" and "f*** that." I'm a grown adult and I even toss in an occasional swear word when I'm sans kids, but dang. It's a little TOO much.

I really thought I would like this book. I liked the cover. I liked the synopsis. It just didn't live up to my expectations.
Not only is the constant use of 'f***' draining, the narration seems compulsive and wordy. It marinates a single thought for an ENTIRE chapter. What could be one simple sentence turns into a questioning diatribe that takes over pages and pages.

I wanted to love it. I'm sure it's a great book for a certain type of reader who has the patience to delve into it. That reader just wasn't me.

*I received an ARC from the publisher through goodreads in exchange for my honest review.
When I saw Never Enough Time and read the summary on NetGalley, I was ready for the adventure. It sounded like something I'd thoroughly enjoy especially after the hardcore fantasy I've been reading recently. Unfortunately, I didn't enjoy it like I thought I would.

The premise of this book was interesting and had a lot of potentials to make a great book, but there were enough flaws where I just wanted to get through it and be able to move on to the next book. Let's start with the characters.

Every single character was annoying, unbelievable, and downright infuriating. The main character was just so unfathomably aggravating that I wanted to smack her upside the head 99% of the book. I get the whole denial thing at first, but the whole book was just her rebelling against everything instead of trying to figure things out and find a way to stop it all before it was too late. I mean, that's what I would do. It's so obvious that every time you skip seven years, your closer to death. Time isn't on your side at that point, so what possesses someone to just not care and ignore the things that should have been listened to? As for Delaney's "bestie," I'd rather use a whole paragraph just for her.

Sara. What a f***ing c****. 99.9% of the time she showed up in the book, all she did was insult her supposed best friend, never listened to her, and always dismissed her. She was rude, berating, and downright brutish. That's not friend material and yet, by some miracle or the main character's absolute stupidity, they remained friends. Throughout the. entire. book. She was also joined by Ryan who was also just as bad as Sara and I just really wanted to throw my kindle out of the window. That's how terribly upsetting these characters were. I hated them. All of them. That made enjoying the story really hard.

When it comes to the writing itself, it seemed pretty amateurish. A lot of it was telling rather than showing or detailing, painting a picture. Most sentences were small and broken up when they could have been extended out to flow better instead of reading a bunch of tiny sentences. It's kind of like this. You know, short. It's also sweet. However, it sucks to read. It's annoying. See? In addition to that point, there was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much usage of the word "f**k." Look, I get it, I curse a LOT, I do. I say f**k way more than I should in casual discussions, but this was ridiculous. I should have counted how many times it was used. Maybe I'll go back and count.

The ending was confusing. Things were being revealed but it was so hard to follow that I just read it with no thought. I just wanted to get through to see how it actually ended and much like the rest of the book, the end was a disappointment.

God, the summary made this book seem like it would be so good. It seemed like such a promising story, but there was nothing about it that I enjoyed except the basic concept of the book itself. I wish it was better. It could be better. As I've already stated, it had the potential... but the author just didn't take advantage of that.
I enjoyed the book but I found myself just wanting to jump to the juicy bits. The bits where she solves what is happening to her. I liked the writing and was really happy to see some authentic teen dialogue. I am not saying that every teen swears at their parents in their head but a lot of them do. I felt as though the characters lacked depth sometimes but overall, it wasn't a bad read.
The summary of this book sounded so interesting, so that's why I requested it. I tried to enjoy this book, but I ended up not finishing it, because I did not enjoy the writing style. I also felt that the main character, Delaney, was annoying and did not sound like a real teenager but instead talked like a child that liked to use profanity.  Thank you for the opportunity to read this book though!
I loved the basis for this storyline, however, I cannot get past the main character. She is so annoying, bratty and quite frankly annoys me enough that I could not even finish the book.
At first, I thought I really liked the main character (Delaney Archer) because she liked books!! She had quite a unique persona and I loved how she got out some paper and made a list of the things that could have happened to her!

I think this book was quite confusing because half the time, I didn't really understand much and she behaved weirdly? Also, the ending didn't really make any sense to me and I thought most of the characters were quite one-dimensional. The future world was different and Delaney's confusion was quite clear because she didn't understand how it worked. Unfortunately, I didn't understand it either and it brought down the reading experience quite a bit.

I really loved Hal though and Delany's conversations with him were quite witty and funny! The chapters were a bit short though, in my opinion. And they didn't end on cliff-hangers but the next chapter just carried on like there wasn't supposed to a break. It felt quite forced.

There were Asian references!! And music!! Which I was excited about! The arranged marriage thing was mentioned too much though and her obsession with Raj (seriously there wasn't a more original name? Not every Indian guy is called Raj. A bit of research would have been nice) took over almost the whole book. Maybe it's supposed to be a love story and people who like romance might like it? But generally, I didn't.
What if your entire life passed by in just seven days?

The story follows the 16-year-old Delaney Archer who is a teenager with all the time in her hands so she pretty much leaves everything until the last moment. She is an A' student and as every teenager hates her life. Until one morning, when she wakes up in a strange place and she is 7 years older.

Suddenly, she finds herself in graduate school. Seven years of her life have disappeared without a trace since she went to bed last night. It takes a while for Delaney to get used to things. But it’s not all bad, right? After all, she can drink alcohol now, and she’s almost finished school.

Then she wakes up the next day and another seven years have passed and then seven years and the seven years. Now she just has to figure out what’s happening before time runs out .

When i started reading it i was confused. If you knew me you would know that i don't particularly like first person narratives. But there are books i love with a first person narrator, in this book although i didn't like it. It wasn't fun to be inside a confused mind and to try to figure out what the f* was happening. But the story itself made me want to continue reading it and i was hooked!

Firstly, Delaney had the best reactions, even though at some points she irritated me. You could imagine yourself at her shoes, running around and trying to figure out everything. She was confused and she was trying to find out what the hell was happening and she was cursing... a lot. I loved that about her. I would be cursing if i was her.

Secondly, the plot. Delaney doesn't know why see is in the path of the seven. Noone explains to her anything and they were expecting from her to to carry it out. So we see glimpses of her life and every seven years something huge has changed. She thinks that she fucked things up (when she didn't). She tries to find out why this is happening to her before she runs out of years. She meets people who knows about the path of the seven and they doesn't explain everything. She is is just running against the clock which ticks so loudly.

It was fast paced and the story flowed so smoothly. You were enjoying every bit of it.

The only thing that i didn't like was the lack of explaining. I finished the book and i still hasn't understand why she was chosen or more like how she chose it. It has so many plot holes that keeps you distracted from the main story. And the end... OH THE END! The end was nothing like what i imagined and i loved that but i also hated that... OMG

I highly recommend it to everyone who want a fantasy novel but more in the contemporary style. To speak the truth, i thought that it would have some action (pew pew and something like this) but i wasn't. It just made me think how life pass and what if i haven't done anything great in the past 7 years. Does my old self likes my choices or she disproves them? I will never know or will i?
I would like to thank the publisher and Net Galley for letting me have an ARC of this book. What caught my eye was the time travel aspect as well having a pretty awesome cover. First off I am not going to sugar coat it if you get offended at all by f bombs this book is not going to be for you but for me I thought it was funny especially once you figure out the whole "time travel" aspect of the book. I love Del's character for the fact that she seems real and to take the situation that she is in about as well as anyone could which is being about a hair away from completely losing it. I don't put spoilers in my reviews so I hope you pick this book up because it really is a fast read, it is fun, fast paced, and it keeps you guessing for a good part of the story and I liked the ending for the simple reason it was not what I thought it was going to lead but that is some of the best books misdirection and surprise. So I hope you pick this up because I really enjoyed it and I think you will, again as long as you don't mind f bombs everywhere.
Thank you NetGalley and the publisher for an advanced readers copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
I thought this was a quick and enjoyable read.
I would definitely read another book by this author.
Never Enough Time, a SiFi and fantasy novel, stars Delaney Archer, a brilliant 16 year old, top of her class, graduating at 16-almost-17 and looking at attaining, as did her parents, college and graduate school degrees.  Her choice of career is in the field of philosophy, and her fondest wish is that she find someone to love.  Until then she will curl up in her room and read all the old SF novels she found in the attic. And perhaps get around to starting that project due next week.

And tomorrow may perhaps be a better day.  Except she managed overnight to miss seven years of her life.  She is still on track educationally, but the last seven years is just gone from her memory.  After several encounters with her dorm mates, she finds herself much older in the bathroom mirror, and according to her unknown 'best friend',  Sara, it is rumored that Delaney is known to drink too much and really should start working on her thesis before she runs out of time. Sara's luscious man is Ryan, and Delaney has a pretty fabulous man of her own named Raj. But where did they come from?  Could she have been drugged last night?  She begins a list of things that could have erased those missing years.  Oh, well, she will get a good nights sleep in Raj's room and worry about this tomorrow.

And tomorrow is a repeat of Delaney's yesterday.  She is seven years older, television is a thing of the past, she is in an apartment in downtown Manhattan sans Raj, and a power outage covering a large area of downtown denies her the ability to use computer or phone to figure out what is going on in her life.  She is thirty, and two days ago she was sixteen.  Sara, waiting for Delaney downstairs, is thirty also.  Serial amnesia? Alternate reality?  Dream she can't wake up from? And where is Raj? Is this a life she is destined to repeat?

Good characters, interesting story line, lots of detailed information about the places Delaney is destined to visit as she travels through time from Westchester and Manhattan to London and New Mexico make this a fast, exceptional read, with a mystery that will remain unsolved for much of the book.  This is a novel I am happy to recommend to friends and family.  R.T.W. Lipkin is an author I will follow.

I received a free electronic copy of Never Enough Time from Netgalley, and R.T.W. Lipkin in exchange for an honest review.  Thank you all for sharing your hard work with me.
I found the premise of the book very promising and interesting however I didn't like the main character. I think she was a little bit annoying and I couldn't relate to her.
Maybe I could've related more to Delaney if we had spend more time with her before she first "jumps" in time.
At the end of the book I had still  some unanswered questions.
Otherwise it was a quick and enjoyable read
What if you had to live your whole life in 7 days? That’s what happens to Delaney Archer, after she goes to sleep as a perfectly normal almost 17 year old, thank you very much, and wakes up as a grad student about to finish her thesis, and seven years have passed. She’s all of a sudden got friends she doesn’t know, a thesis to finish that she doesn’t remember starting, and a boyfriend she’s pretty sure she loves even though it feels like she just met him. She falls asleep in a college dorm room, but she wakes up 7 years later in an apartment in New York. This cycle continues for Delaney each night after she falls asleep. Everyone around Delaney moves in real time, and can remember the things that Delaney did last week. The only thing Delaney remembers is that one day she lived 7 years ago. This is the story of Delaney Archer’s “cycle of sevens.”
I really enjoyed the premise of this book. It’s such an interesting thing to think about how you would handle living your life seven years at a time. I also liked the almost ethereal feel each day had. I feel like Delaney didn’t quite have the kind of character growth I would’ve expected, and the ending was a bit confusing, but overall I enjoyed this quick read. You’re left with more questions than answers at the end of this book, but I think that’s ok in this situation. It leaves you to ponder about your own reaction if you were put on this path.