Terrain

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 16 Oct 2018

A truly beautiful book. Looking at the photos along is a joy, but there is more. It is an inspirational book with ideas of enjoying nature inside. There are many projects and tips within featuring great ideas for bigger and smaller projects for all sorts of homes. The ideas are beautiful and fun.
“Terrain: Ideas and Inspiration for Decorating the Home and Garden” by Greg Lehmkuhl is a beautifully designed book with more than 450 photos of gorgeous projects that elegantly bring nature indoors.

In project after project, tip after tip, “Terrain” shows an array of nature-inspired ideas ... for flower arranging beyond the typical bouquet using branches and wild blooms, seed heads and bulbs ... colorful container gardens inspired by painterly palettes ... wreath ideas using vines, dried stems, evergreens, and fresh leaves and fern fronds ... secrets for forcing branches to bloom in the middle of winter ... decorating with heirloom pumpkins, including turning them into tabletop planters ... simple touches such as massing high-summer hydrangeas into weathered baskets and scattering them around the patio ... taking inspiration from Scandinavia and Britain to create a truly natural Christmas.

Based on the same-named historic nursery in southeast Pennsylvania, Terrain is a nationally renowned garden, home, and lifestyle brand with an entirely fresh approach to living with nature. “Terrain” the book captures the brand’s unique and appealing sensibility with
inspiration for every season that brings the  joys of nature into our lives every day. 5/5

Pub Date 16 Oct 2018

Thanks to Artisan Books and NetGalley for the review copy. Opinions are truly mine.

#Terrain #NetGalley

This is lushly presented with beautifully photographed tableaus.  While it's pages are truly lovely to look at, I can see it costing a fortune to try to recreate.  Maybe it'd be more useful to take tidbits and small ideas from each?  A bit overwhelming for me, but hopefully inspiring for others.
This book is gorgeous!  I really love the photography and the muted tones.   Lots of amazing ideas!  Maybe a bit aspirational...it would require quite an investment to do a lot of these projects.
Gorgeous collection of design ideas for interior and exterior spaces. Perfectly styled and organized content to inspire readers.
I received a DIGITAL Advance Reader Copy of this book from #NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.  From the publisher ---

Founded in a historic nursery in southeast Pennsylvania, Terrain is a nationally renowned garden, home, and lifestyle brand with an entirely fresh approach to living with nature. It’s an approach that bridges the gap between home and garden, the indoors and the outdoors. An approach that embraces decorating with plants and inviting the garden into every living space.
Terrain, the book, not only captures the brand’s unique and lushly appealing sensibility in over 450 beautiful photographs but also shows, in project after project, tip after tip, how to live with nature at home. Here are ideas for flower arranging beyond the expected bouquet, using branches and wild blooms, seed heads and bulbs. Ten colorful container gardens inspired by painterly palettes. Dozens of ideas for making wreaths out of vines, dried stems, evergreens, and fresh leaves and fern fronds (which you learn to preserve in glycerin). Here are secrets for forcing branches to bloom in the middle of winter. Decorating with heirloom pumpkins, including turning them into tabletop planters. Simple touches—like massing high-summer hydrangeas into weathered baskets and scattering them around the patio—and more involved projects, including taking inspiration from Scandinavia and Britain to create a truly natural Christmas.
With inspiration for every season, Terrain blurs the indoors and out to bring the subtle and surprising joys of nature into our lives every day.

This is a stunningly gorgeous book with jaw-dropping photos that made me want to actually grow and hopefully not kill a plant. Hundreds of photos give more ideas than I can count- I plan on giving this to the many green-thumbed people in my life as gifts --- wowza book.  5 stellar stars.
A beautifully photographed instructional book on how to decorate with plants. Contains clear plant indentification for design although a lot of these plants do not transcend the international market. However to gorgeous how to' do, making this a must for any florist, interior decorator and event planner.