Absolution

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 31 Aug 2018

So I just got back from vacation from Africa and Egypt. At least, that's how I feel after reading Paul E. Hardisty's book Absolution. I'm very late to the game on his books but that will be immediately corrected.  I now own all his books and have four days set aside to read them.

There has to be a better way to describe his characters than just well drawn. They are so immediately 3D. In one page, you know a character's very soul. And this particularly applies to Raina. In this current political time, I like how we get to know a muslim woman and a little bit of muslim ways. It's always the unknown that scares people.

The storyline itself is violent and soft at the same time and I loved all of it. Lots of little explosions throughout with a big one at the end.

After reading Absolution, I must go back to the earlier books to know more about the characters. That said, the book does stand on its own.  Highly recommend not just this book, but the author, too.

And I absolutely loved the Afrikaans glossary. Love learning while reading.  Speaking of, read the historical notes at the end for more education on Egypt.
This was an ecothriller in examining society's power over the natural world.
It was presented in a fashion that was relentless to hammer home what needed to be said, heard, and understood by Paul E. Hardisty.
Fleeing for his life from S. Africa is Claymore Straker who just left powerful testimony behind against Desmond Tutu's Truth and Reconciliation Commission.
Journalist Rania LaTour and her husband a powerful human rights lawyer and their son go missing.
What happens next is unbearable as Clay must watch this family being murdered.
This is dark, disturbing, and therefore chilling which is everything you want in a powerful mystery suspense novel.
Clay and Rania are up against the most hardened criminals taking themselves all the way to Egypt to uncover the truths and shockingly those truths may bring them in as they too are linked indirectly to it all.
If they want to stay alive they best work together as how we love and why we live is now under attack!
I'm speechless as Paul has left me breathless.
Thank you Paul E Hardisty , Team Orenda, NetGalley, and Aldiko.
I can't wait to read the next one.
Keep 'em coming.