Finding Max

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: Not set

I have not read a book like this, with raw emotion, open, honest, brutal and still tender, in quite a while.

I was nauseated, filled with rage, smiling, crying and at one stage praying to God that the abuse in this world would stop. That poverty, homelessness, illness and rejection would stop. I don't think it will.

Finding Max is not easy to read. The author deals with brutality and beauty very realistically. He doesn't pull punches. So this is not a fairy tale or a romcom. This is serious stuff.
Having said that, don't let that stop you. I implore you to read this. Even if you are gagging, remember that somewhere, someone is going through hell and spare a kind thought for their damaged hearts and souls. I sincerely hope many, many men read this book. This is about men. Kind, generous men, evil men, strong men, damaged men. And two paths, as always. You can decide whether you follow the right road or the wrong road. Only you can make that decision. Gus did. And Quinn did too. Gary also had to make a choice - the difference between good and evil is love. Gary chose love. Eventually.

As for Max....well now. I'm certainly not going to tell all! I suggest you read this because I think there's a Max in all of us who wants to be found.

Thank you Mr Jorgensen. We have to be reminded ever so often that there's a parallel world we don't know much about, and we should educate ourselves, and offer comfort where we can. Thank you for writing this, and thank you for the future books you will write. I hope all of them shows readers hope in the desolation we live in. Brilliant stuff.

I received a copy of this book, and whether I buy or find a book for free, I try to leave a review for every book I read.
This was heartbreaking, action-packed, and creepy all rolled into one!
Great idea for a story, I was sucked in from page one.  The main characters, Max and Gary, were so well fleshed out that I felt like I knew them for my whole life.
This story will get to you, it will crawl under your skin and stick with you for a really long time.
Can't recommend this one enough!