Cover Image: Say You're Sorry

Say You're Sorry

A great start to Rose's new Sacramento set series. I've enjoyed her romantic suspense novels for years, and this one has a fantastic hero and heroine, as well as a creepy villian.
I recieved an ARC of this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. I loved this book and will recommend it often to lovers of mysteries, thrillers, and suspense novels!
This one didn't really do it for me .  Slow burn if that's your thing.  I don't have much to say about because it was mostly unmemorable and I didn't finish it, because it wasn't my thing.
Serial killers and intrigue keep you on your toes. Daisy Dawson is a likeable character you cheer for! I quick page turner. I enjoyed this book and I think you will too!
Say You're Sorry...wow! This is a gripping thriller full of suspense and had me from the first chapter.  I will admit It was hard to read the killer's excerpts in the book, but only because it was well written and I felt like I was inside his mind!  The characters are well defined and I couldn't put this one down.  I highly recommend!

Thank you to NetGalley and Berkley Publishing Group for this ARC.
Karen Rose writes a fantastic romantic suspense book. The romance is second to the story but that doesn't affect my enjoyment of it. Thriller and suspense books are a great escape from life and I always enjoy reading her stories.
This was a thrilling ride! I haven't read anything else from this author, but if I'm looking for another mystery/suspense novel, I'll be looking towards a story just like this one. I gave it a solid 4 out of 5 stars!
Say You’re Sorry by Karen Rose is a 2019 Berkley publication.

Quintessential Karen Rose- Taut, edgy, steamy, and suspenseful!!

Special Agent Gideon Reynolds ran away from a religious cult in his early teens, but still bears the physical and psychological scars. He manages his life with discipline and control. But, when Daisy Dawson manages to escape from a vicious masked attacker, she pulls a locket from his neck, one that Gideon instantly recognizes.

It looks exactly like the one his sister used to wear. How does Daisy’s attacker tie in with Gideon’s past?

When Gideon is assigned to be Daisy’s bodyguard, the couple work in tandem to stop a serial killer before Daisy becomes his next victim.

This book grabbed my attention from the very first chapter and kept me on the edge of my seat to the bitter end. The pacing never slows, as truly shocking and creepy events unfold. Crawling inside the mind of a demented killer is always super tense, so you’ll want to fasten your seat belts for this ride.

Daisy and Gideon develop a very strong bond as they each struggle with emotional scars from their past. They are a great couple and made a pretty good crime solving team, as well.

In my opinion, Karen Rose is the queen of romantic suspense. She writes RS the way it should be, with an even balance between the romance and suspense. The plot is dark and believable, and one always gets their money’s worth with one of KR's books. While her stories are usually pretty intense, and features disturbing content, and some violence, it is not too overly graphic.

Her work is mature and always reliable and this book was no exception! This is another outstanding effort by Karen Rose!
Loved the cover, but the story was too slow paced for me. It was my first time reading this author. Maybe it was just my mood that day?
Breathtaking action kicks off the new Sacramento spin-off series from Karen Rose! A thwarted kidnapping had me entrenched immediately as it played out before my eyes, and before I knew it I was inside the mind of a killer as he plotted his revenge. The characters were intriguing and kept me riveted to find out what was going to happen next. Can't wait for more in the series!

Daisy Dawson can sense that someone is following her and when she turns to confront him, he attempts to abduct her. Little does she know that the man she's struggling with all of her might against is a local serial killer satisfied that she'll be his next victim since she got in his way. She manages to get away but not before snatching a piece of evidence from around his neck ... a locket with a distinct design on it.

FBI Special Agent Gideon Reynolds receives a call that there has been a development on the symbol he has flagged to be notified about if it's ever seen. He arrives on the scene to examine the locket and finds that it is definitely connected to the case he's been trying to solve for 17 years.

Gideon and Daisy team up to find out more information as bodies begin to pile up around them, and when it becomes clear that the killer has his sights set on coming back for Daisy, Gideon will do anything to save the woman who's coming to mean so much to him!
I tried getting into this story on several different occasions, but kept finding myself setting it aside to reach for something else. There wasn’t anything specific I didn’t like, it was just a general lack of interest.
Say You're Sorry is thrilling! This non-stop chiller will keep you turning the pages.  Daisy Dawson has to fight for her life as she battles her attacker. She soon realizes she has come away with a necklace from around the killer's neck. Gideon Reynold, an FBI agent is interested in Daisy's attack. There is a serial killer on the loose and Daisy may be the only one that can help the FBI find the madman.  Gideon and Daisy make a great team.  They have jaded pasts that add dimension to their characters.  Say You're Sorry has its dark moments.  You view much from the eyes of the antagonist and at times it can be overbearing. Eventually, it leads to a comprehensive view of the world of a killer. I look forward to reading more in the Sacramento series by Rose.
My first book by Karen Rose and while Romantic isn't my go-to genre, I actually quite liked this one. There was enough suspense to keep me reading
This author is one of the must reads in suspense and I was not disappointed by this one. Loved every page and it kept me going into the night.
Whoa thus thriller is fast paced, nitty gritty and not for the faint of heart! The writing and story are very dark and may not be everyones cup of tea but I enjoyed enjoyed it... whilst drinking tea I might add! If you are looking for a read that will keep you on the edge of your sit this in the one.
I had a difficult time getting into this book. This is definitely a dark thriller but I wasn't able to engage in the story no matter how many times I tried to pick it back up. There's nothing wrong with the writing. I may need to try picking it up again at a later date.
I received this as an arc from netgalley for an honest review.  This was one of my most anticipated books of 2018 and im so happy to say it was also one of my favorites. The characters were written beautifully and I felt captivated by story from page one. I ended up giving it 5/5 stars and plan to reread it soon. I highly recommend.
Very enjoyable book.  Reminds me of Lisa Gardner books. Suspenseful throughout with some unique parts that make the book different from all the other serial killer style books out there.  A Good quick read that is worth the time.
A good mystery romance with a lot of coverage of all the characters.  The middle of the story slowed for me and I found myself skimming the pages.  Would love to see another novel resolving Gideon’s story but not one that’s over 300 pages.
Another thrilling adventure by Karen Rose. The suspense is heart pounding. Writen in multiple POV's, Say Your Sorry will keep you on the edge of your seat. Gideon and Daisy have hot chemistry. Their chemistry will suck you into their story and have you rooting for them until the end.
This book can be read as a standalone, but you'll get more of Daisy's background reading previous books in this series.
I can't wait to see what psychopath Karen writes next.