Against Nature

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 03 Aug 2018

Title was archived before I could review it sadly. Guess I will have to buy it if I would like to read it. I am new to the Galley and was not aware of the fact that the archival date meant that I could not access the title anymore. Too bad
Duck Darley is his own worst enemy. That said, you find yourself wanting the best for him, wanting him to address his demons and praying he doesn't need a new liver before he can solve the mystery. Casey Barrett has written a dark and twisty story and the 3rd act really threw me for a loop.
Having loved the first in the series, I was thrilled to be approved by Netgalley to read the sequel. AGAINST NATURE was a killer follow-up of Duck Darley's (mis)adventures in and around New York City. This case brings Duck to the Catskills to investigate former partner Cass' boyfriend's death - was it an unfortunate accident, or was it murder?
Casey Barrett has crafted an epic anti-hero in Duck - he's flawed, but oh so smart (even though bad decisions abound). Following him into very real locations around NYC is just as exciting as it was in the first. Rooting for him is undeniably complicated, but I still did.
I recommend starting with UNDER WATER, and then reading this sequel. You'll be drawn in by Duck's reckless behavior, penchant for trouble, and desire for the truth.
I received this book through NetGalley, from Kensington Press, in exchange for an honest review.
taylorhavenholt.com/thhbooks.html