Storm

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 06 Dec 2018

I didn't manage to get into this one as much as I wanted to. The story just fell a bit flat for me but the writing seems to be pretty good overall.
was a gripping thriller that took you to every aspect of trying to figure out what was really going on  and what was going to happen next! This was such an amazing book and I can’t wait to see what else is released from this author!
started slow but after awhile it drags you in and you have to read the rest. The characters are great and more understood during the book, lots of twists and plots! I really do think though this author didn't know what she wanted to write about so she did wrote it all.. Myster thriller and romance.  It was all just too much.
I fell in love with the cover and wanted to read the book even before I read the blurb. When I did, I knew I had to read it. Storm was like nothing I’ve ever read before. It was interesting and fresh.

If you are triggered by abuse you may want to skim some parts but the story is worth reading.  There is a lot of action and it was definitely a page-turner. I’m looking forward to reading the next book in this series.
I'm not reviewing this book for the problems I indicated on the previous page. The author needs to find a MS editor who will help her, and ought to have begun with a serious rereading of the text. This is not the first time I've thought Amazon is making money out of fledglings.
Thankyou to NetGalley, NetGalley Connect and the author, Gurpreet Kaur Sidhu, for the opportunity to read a digital copy of Storm in exchange for an honest and unbiased opinion.
I thought this book offered a good read.  The storyline was well thought out and written with plenty of twists and turns to keep you glued to your seat. Will definitely be reading more from this author.
Well worth a read.  3.5 stars.
Thank you Netgalley for the ARC.

I really enjoyed this book and found it to be a real page turner as well as an easy read. However, I did find it a little difficult to keep track of the characters at first and the weird choice of names didn't help.

What I think this book struggles from is that it is clearly a 'part one book' so there is a lot of set up and explaining and not a lot of action. When there is action it's very rushed and jumpy storyline that at times it was difficult to read correctly in your head and I had to go back and re-read paragraphs in case I had missed something.

Having said all of that I did like the book and I enjoyed the flashbacks, almost more than the main stoty. Like I said because it's definitely part of a series the book struggles from not being able to answer a lot of your questions.

All I can hope for is that we find out in the next book!
This was a very goodcread. Pulls you in from the start and has you trying to figure out the 'who done it' so to speak while reading. I loved it and am.sure you will as well.
What would you do if the universe gave you a second chance? Would you take the opportunity to redeem the wrongs of a past life? Would you do everything you could to find all the answers so everyone could get a happily ever after? Evan and Denise Storm were raised by their Grandma after their parents accident. Perhaps Grandma Venice could have stopped the tragedy of Evan and Denise loosing their parents with her gift of sight. What other secrets is Grandma hiding? Evan has flashes of a past life where he was married but mistreated his wife horribly, then Shadow shows up next door and all Evan can do is notice that she looks exactly like his past life wife. Is this his chance to right the horrible things that his past self did, or will Shadow's ex-fiance force her to come back home before Evan can right some wrongs.

Storm by Gurpreet Kaur Sidhu is not the usual story I go for. There is a lot of characters to follow, a lot of history to follow and some special gifts that drive this story. For me, the first few chapters were a little slow and I had a hard time following all the different characters, their relations to one another and where they came from. But in a flash something clicked and I found that I could not put this story down. At times it gets dark and graphic, some situations may be hard to read. Once I understood the characters I was able to invest in each of their futures, just waiting for the chapter when I would get to read more about Samantha and Derek or Evan and Shadow. I love the idea of past lives and a kind of undeniable destiny that continuously drives people to one another. I'm interested to see where the story can continues from here. I would recommend Storm to anyone who likes mysteries, thrillers and likes the paranormal.

I was given a copy of this story for my 100% honest opinion.
This was a very engaging story and premise with lots of action that held my attention.  I found some parts a little confusing at tines and had to re-read certain sections but all in all I think it’s a good read.

I received an advanced review copy (ARC) of this book from the publisher through NetGalley for my honest review. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.
Really interesting premise but i felt that it wasnt executed as well as it could have been. Quite confusing at times and i found myself backtracking and having to read a few pages back to get up to speed with it
This book about reincarnation and the Storm family curse had too much going on for me!  I could not invest in one story because there was just too much going on. I was hoping it would get better, but it didn't.  I did finish it, but had to force myself to.
This book maintains a dark and gritty atmosphere whilst covering some rather disturbing subjects. A well written addictive novel that will probably stick into your head long after putting it down. I can see it commercially scoring the charts, as it has all the elements for success!

Thanks for the Advanced copy of the book.
Sidhu is an amazing writer!
From the start this is a great story. I wasn't  able to put the book down, wondering "what happens next" and staying up almost all night.
Welcome to Lake View. An average suburb of average people where Evan Storm lives. Evan has been having horrible nightmares. Vivid, terrifying nightmares where he does things that are completely out of character for him. More terrifying is waking from that nightmare to find the object of the nightmare standing behind you.

Derek is the object of that nightmare, but why is he haunting Evan? And why do they look so much alike? Evan’s peaceful life as a school teacher is turned upside down by these nighttime visits. Derek’s mom, Venice, just happens to be a psychic who possibly could help with explaining these nightmares, but Venice has her own agenda to keep. Add in Shadow, a new neighbor with nightmares of her own.

Storm is Book One of a new series by debut author Sidhu. The combination of paranormal and thriller and secrets sounded so compelling I couldn’t wait to get my hands on this one. In many ways I was rewarded with reading adventure, in other ways, not so much.

I have mixed feelings about this book. The story was interesting and kept me engaged. At times, I struggled with the wording or dialogue. The names of some of the characters and locations seemed almost comic book like. Overall, the paranormal side of things kept this book interesting enough. I wanted to know what was going to happen to Derek and Samantha. What secrets was Venice hiding? What had happened to Shadow, and why was she so familiar to Evan? The premise of the book was fabulous. I loved the ideas, it was the execution of these ideas that struggled.

Most likely I would want to follow the characters of this book through the series to see where they land. Without spoiling, this book wrapped things up a bit too neatly at the end. There are few questions that remain, nothing as sinister as how the book started. I am curious as to where Ms. Sidhu is heading with the next book. As with some other books series and first-time authors, time does improve both the story and writing. I hope that is the case with the next book in this series.
The opening scene was too much telling rather than showing for me. I couldn't get into the writing after that.
This story premise had so much going for it. The reincarnated characters and the crossing of paths, but it really fell short for me. I almost stopped at page 100. I wish there was a bigger climax and the overall story was more clear. Sad disappointment for me.
I was confused almost instantly because the first chapter is in the life of Samantha and Derek and chapter two switches to the life of Evan, and while it continually mentions his 'past life' in that chapter, it was done so in a somewhat confusing manner. As a result, it took me a while to realize the author meant it as a literal past life rather than a figurative meaning.

As the story progressed, however, the past life concept helped to keep my attention. Unfortunately, I did find it to ultimately be an almost pointless addition as there wasn't much followthrough. I am noting that this is supposed to be the first book in a series, so it does give a lot of potential to that storyline.

A storyline that should've been omitted was that of Denise and Ryan. I understand Denise is the main characters sister and an important mention to the story as both Shadow's boss and Ryan's protective older sister and thus her life is important too, but Ryan's accident and memory loss basically got dropped 3/4 of the way through the book and we never heard a word about it again. It just felt like something to fill the lull rather than anything conducive to the story.

My biggest pet peeve of all was the use of names in the writing sooooooo frequently. It drove me crazy at the start of the book where the names were constantly used rather than him/her or other describing terms. What made it worse was how when characters were talking to one another, they used the name as well, just adding more of the name all over the page.

I did really enjoy the secret agency concept, and the crazy ex with a lot of resources that actually made him a true threat. Not to mention the dad being apart of that agency as well. That held a lot of potential and I rather enjoyed that portion.

Overall, the story was promising and it held my attention fairly well, I just hope if there are future novels in the series they further address the concepts brought forth in this book that were left unmentioned/unanswered.
Storm ⭐️

Right away we are brought into the relationship of Derek and Samantha. Derek is an abusive husband and Samantha really does nothing but try and pelase him.

Then we Meet Evan Strom and he is in the future... well, his story takes place after Derek is gone.  (Not a spoiler just a fact that’s important to Evans story) He is having nightmares and his overall health needs help.

Star reasoning
⭐️Love that right away i was pulled right into the drama of their lives. And it kept me pulled in.

⭐️I liked the writing style and enjoyed the characters. But...

-2 The story seemed all over the place. I had to back tract and reread thinking i missed something because so much happened but I didnt know how we got to that point.

-1  It drew me in right away but I lost interest just as quick. Diabolical... meh. Gripping... it started out that way. Thriller... not so much.
The characters were plastic and once you figure out whats happening (because of the confusion I found while reading) the layout of the story was easy to see ahead of time.

Thank you so much to booksgosocial via netgalley for sending me an ARC copy of Storm by Gurpreet Kaur Sidhu.  This will be released on July 24. 2018
All opinions are my own.
I gave this book 3 stars...It started really strong but I had a hard time finishing the book because it slowed down a lot for me. The story didn't have a lot to keep my interest after the beginning.