The Death and Life of Eleanor Parker

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 26 Jul 2018

I enjoyed this a lot even if it wasn't perfect and I wanted a different ending. I had no issues with the whodunnit part but well, you need to read it and decide for yourself but I wanted a less perfect end.

Eleanor wakes up in a river and by rights should be dead. She then sets out to discover from a handful of people who may have been the one to kill her. It's YA so not as gritty as this premise could be and she's no Nancy Drew but I did like the internal monologue as she went about her task showing the pros and cons of what she was doing and trying to work out the best way to uncover the truth.

There are lots of twists and some red herrings as we are led one way only to find entirely innocent behaviours. The characters are typical teenagers and behave as such.

I don't know much about the authors other works so I don't feel disappointed like many readers on Goodreads seem to be. Overall it passed the time while on a 4 hour train trip for work and I managed to read it very quickly and that's all I ask at the minute.
I think that The Death and Life of Eleanor Parker can be an intriguing YA thriller with the paranormal side to it for readers. However, I don't do well with supernatural elements sometimes. I get lost and then I lose interest. Unfortunately, thats what happened here and I just went through the motions just to get through it. Just a case of the wrong reader for this book.
A gripping story that likens to Amelinda Berube's The Dark Beneath the Ice, this was a thriller that had my heart racing and had me wondering WTF was going on. A good Fall read.
There are a few books similar out there; Sunflowers in February and Release. Unfortunately this book suffers only because they came first and set the bar so high.
Thank you for providing a copy of this book for review however I was unable to open the file for this document unfortunately! Apologies.
OH HO HO.

Drowning? Murder? Amnesia? Supernatural? This book was everything I wanted. Literally had me hanging onto every word, I had to cover the other side of the page so my eyes didn't read ahead. Really good.
Typical Kerry WIlkinson, grabbed me from the start.  So many plot twists and turns you dont know where you are until bang the ending is explaining everything!
This is such a gripping, unique read! I went into this expecting a thriller but it's exceptionally memorable. Eleanor Parker has seemingly returned from the dead - waking up in a river with no memory of how or why. Eleanor is convinced that she died and returned, however how could that have happened?

There is a bit of a supernatural element in this novel, which I happen to be a huge fan of. For me it made the story even more chilling. Absolutely loved this!
Death and Life of Eleanor Parker is a YA murder mystery with a paranormal twist. This novel is edged with paranormal elements that I had to suspend my disbelief over, but it’s not nearly as dark and gritty as I thought it would be.  Overall, great book, and I will definitely be reading more from this author!
This was definitely a gripping edge on your seat page turner- it’s like watching a car crash unfold you cover your eyes not wanting to look but not being able to help but peak, my first Kerry Wilkinson book and it won’t be my last!
I really wanted to read this book but because of downloading difficulties, I wasn't able to. I have read other books that Kerry Wilkinson has written and she is a great writer.
was a gripping thriller that took you to every aspect of trying to figure out what was really going on  and what was going to happen next! This was such an amazing book and I can’t wait to see what else is released from this author!
I really enjoyed this thriller by Kerry Wilkinson. A well crafted, fast paced gripping story full of mystery that had me guessing right to the very end.
A author who's work I would like to read more of.
My thanks go to the author, publisher and Netgalley in providing this arc in return for a honest review.
This book gave me the creeps! I don't love it but I definitely don't hate it. The book was rather long in my opinion. There were parts I felt could be left out. All in all, it was a good who done it book. Kept me hooked!
To say this is a departure for Kerry Wilkinson is somewhat of an understatement! Best known for the Jessica Daniel series and some really fan standalone thrillers this is instead a YA thriller with its roots firmly set in the paranormal.

The main character is 17 years old Ellie, who after a night out wakes up cold in a river, where a year before her brother's girlfriend was found murdered. She hasn't a recollection of how she got there, only a sense that she shouldn't be alive. As she tries to work out what happened another girl goes missing and suspicion falls on her brother Ollie.

If you come to this expecting a Jessica Daniels type novel you'll be disappointed. But if you expect a well written YA thriller you'll be very happy. This is tense and spooky but not so much that I'd worry about my own daughter reading this in a few years time. Kerry Wilkinson has once again proved what a fantastic and adaptable author he is.
I loved the concept for this book, the whole waking up dead thing was fascinating! I really enjoyed that this was a teen thriller, it was like nothing I've read before.

The characters were all great and I loved all of their interactions. I really enjoyed how different suspects were hinted at and found myself second-guessing everything. The diner sounded epic! I loved the sound of the music wall and they were great about picky customers.

The only letdown was that while the reveal was great and I wouldn't have guessed who is was, the whole thing went down a little too quick. The ending on the whole was a little abrupt.
I wasn't able to finish this. The writing was good, but the story didn't grip me enough to care about anything that was happening.
A very interesting and well written book that kept me completely enthralled throughout. I loved the characters and everything to do with the story!
I devoured this book in almost one sitting(the dogs needed to be walked!) I enjoyed every minute of my reading experience with this novel. The writing was simple and flowed right off the pages. The main character was very likable, as were the secondary characters, including Eleanor's big brother. I had such a soft spot for him. The Death and Life of Eleanor Parker will keep you in suspense for the entire ride!
I will never forget the night I drowned…’
A village with something to hide.

Seventeen-year-old Eleanor Parker wakes up cold and alone in the river that twists through her quiet village. She has no memory of how she got there. But she does know that another girl was drowned in the same river the summer before, held under the water by an unknown killer…

A community torn apart.

Eleanor is a normal, every day teenager. She argues with her mum, spends her days with her best friend, and is looking forward to a carefree summer of sunshine and music. Who would want to hurt her?

A shocking secret.

Determined to unlock the mystery of what really happened to her, Eleanor can't escape the feeling that something awful links her to the previous summer's murder. But will she find out the truth before it’s too late?

My Thoughts
Rating:5 stars
Thriller with a paranormal fell, everyone seems to have secrets, keeps you guessing on who would want Eleanor dead, for a while I thought she came back as a zombie ( but you have to read the book to find out why I thought out), also it keeps you guessing on who Eleanor can trust , and how does her almost death content to the murder girl's from the summer before. What can I say but I loved it . With that said I would love to say thanks to Netgalley for letting me read and review it in change for my honest opinion.