Create Your Dream Life Now

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 10 Apr 2019

I received a copy of this book for a fair and honest review. I am always looking for things to help me with my journal for all parts of my life. This book gave me some good tips and directions I had not throught of taking my journaling. I like the meditation parts as well. The book is broken up to four parts. Each gives options, quotes and worksheets and information while living room for growth and direction.
Awwwhhh where to start with this little pocket rocket of positivity?!

I love this book from the very first page. Its bright, colourful, engaging, motivating and so positive.

I found myself flipping through the pages and easily feeling like the ability to create my dream life was possible. I used the techniques in this book to help me start my own little creative outlet through my crochet with a blog and IG account and I've found such a sense of happiness and joy that I didn't have before when I focused on being a life coach.

This book was honestly my best Life Coach and it wasn't even my intention to be coached by a book. But this book made me realise what really matters: happiness found through doing what matters and means the most to me.

Thank you so much for the opportunity to review this book!
A cute book with some interesting ideas. Be sure to get it hard copy as I'm sure it is way more useful and enjoyable that way.
Beautiful book in many ways. It is a nice design with a delightful idea. The illustrations are delightful and the interactive use is very nice. I like the message and how helpful was well as inspirational it really is. I recommend this. I appreciate this book and how well done it is done.
This book was not what I was expecting or hoping it would be. This seems like its best suited for a young audience or something. It seemed to vague and simplistic. It contains everything we’ve all heard before. The only thing that was somewhat interesting was the interactive bits. This just wasn’t for me, and I wouldn’t recommend.

Thank you NetGalley and HCI Books for this advanced reader copy in exchange for an honest review.
This book isn't what I expected. I wanted to like it because I love the title and the design is super cute, but I didn't really like it at all.

I like that it was interactive and like I said, the design is cute. But I thought that it was way too simple. Maybe someone who is very new to the topics presented might find it somewhat helpful, but I can't imagine most people paying very much for this guide.
A colourful, simple, easy to read and use guide for people who want to know about meditation, yoga and eastern spiritual practices, and how to use them to create your dream life.

I found this book to be a beginner's level oriented guide, but nevertheless it still had powerful messages stated simply. Although I knew about many of the concepts explained in the book, it was inspiring reading about tips and examples to use for my own practice, and it pushed me to keep working on myself.
The only thing I didn't quite like was the art style in the book, I found it too repetitive towards the end and I think that the book would've benefited from a simpler and paler artwork, that perhaps changed a bit more along the book.

I recommend this book for people who don't know anything about meditation, yoga or eastern spiritual practices in general and want a simple guide to pick up an interest.
A fun book on how to improve your life in 20 minutes a day. A light read that was enjoyable and thought-provoking and helped you move forward if you figured out your direction but only if.
This book is a colorful introduction to meditation and mindfulness. This is best book that I can recommend to beginners. The book is simple to use with easy to follow tutorials. The author is teaching how to mediate using a journal approach as long term. Also, Darren focus on Mantras such as Gratitude. And, Joan added her touch of magic with the colorful illustrations.

#CreateYourDreamLifeNow #NetGalley
Create Your Dream Life Now is a very cute book. This book gives some great information on Yoga, Meditation and mindfulness. I truly enjoyed reading through this book. This book is very colorful and the layout lends to me not being able to take the content very seriously. The font of the text used was very distracting throughout the book. I had to reread a couple pages due to the font being used. I enjoyed this book overall and would give this as a gift.
This book was amazing and inspiring. I really loved the illustrations and ideas. This book is what i need right now. I need to create my life. I will definitely buy this book.
This title has a ton of great tips and tricks for how to be happier, healthier and create goals to make your life the way you want it to be. It includes worksheets for setting goals, what you are thankful for, and ways to make you feel happier. There are also a lot of great exercises and practices to encourage self-growth and push yourself towards your dreams and where you want to be as a person as well as where you want your life to be.
I loved this book because the authors succeeded to make me more enthusiastic about life and dream more. I really recommend it.
This is amazing and so inspiring!
I have yet to fill anything in but I have read over it and absolutely love it!
I am going to let my friends and family to check it out :)

Thank you!!!
This workbook was so beautiful and inspiring for me. I could easily see myself writing in and using this physical book, possibly displaying some of the mantras and meditations that really spoke to me. This book is great for the new year to help you visualize some personal goals and desires.
This book is a quick read, more artistic than wordy. I would highly recommend it for anyone who wants to change your attitude and direction of your life.
Thank you to HCI Books and NetGalley for the opportunity to review this book in exchange for my honest review.
Focus, meditation, and centering your life - loved it!
A personal goal of mine is to read more books that will have a positive impact on my self care. This could mean that the title is a literal manual of actionable steps, or it could be that the book brings some humor or inspiration into my life.

In the case of Create Your Dream Life Now [affiliate link], it is both practical and inspiring.

The Good
When I first picked up this book, I was thinking it would be more of a goal setting and planning book that would help me attain personal and professional goals. It is that. But it's not that. It's more.

Visually, Create Your Dream Life Now is a gorgeous book. The illustrator, Joan Coleman, has done an amazing job at making it comfortable and soothing to look at. I read and reviewed the digital ebook copy, and while I enjoyed it, I will be purchasing it in paperback for me to work with in the new year.

Yes, I said that I was purchasing a copy even though I was giving a free copy from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I would love to have a copy to hold and flip through in the evenings as I ready myself for bed. I think the aesthetic of the printed version will be that much more comforting without the blue light of my smartphone.

The steps that author Darren Marc walks you through are simple to follow and easy to apply. I've spent some time thinking through the morning and evening routines suggested as well as trying some of the meditations included. I love that he includes several different methods of accomplishing this type of centering: meditation, prayer, yoga. And, each can be done within ten to twenty minutes which makes it perfect for my life as toddler mom.

Marc's writing style is comfortable and familiar. He provides enough background to make you feel like you are understanding the how and why while not bogging you down so that you are pulled out of the process.

Experience, calm and center, and grow. Those are the words that I feel ringing in my mind  - and what I think will be pivotal in helping me achieve the wellness in my life that I want. And, it will be fun.

The Bad
While I wouldn't consider it bad, I do think that the reader needs to understand that this workbook is coming from an Eastern perspective. Yoga is discussed in part as a physical exercise but also as a mystic one. It would fall into what my mother would call "new agey." However, it was very easy for me to insert my own faith beliefs into the text and the exercises. Christian? Use the meditation and prayer to plug into your relationship with God. Secular? Focus on the manifestation of the energy and power in your mind to help you keep the correct outlook. It's easy to modify, and you don't lose a thing.

Beyond this, the only reason I didn't rate it a straight 5 is that I went in thinking it was going to be one thing and left feeling it was another. (But I don't dislike that new thing.) Think of this as a tool to find your routine for the application of all the good things you want in your life... peace, focus, meditation, and love. Center on that, and you won't go wrong.

Rating: 4.5 stars

Disclaimer:
I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
I received a free digital copy of the book Create Your Dream Life Now, by Darren Marc and Joan Coleman; in exchange for my honest review.

The book is designed as a goal-oriented journal that centers primarily around grattitude and positive affirmations. The book is designed to offer a calming balance between writing exercises and encouraging words on how to practice awareness of the present. I thoroughly enjoyed reading concepts that seem to embody positive psychology with dashes of Buddhim practices. The material would be an inspirational tool to use in both the personal and professional atmospheres. The writing often refers to the divine, and at one point referenced the practice of prayer; however, it did not isolate any one religion rather kept the idea of universal spirituality. The book reeled me in from the first few pages that discussed what SMART goals were and how important they are; this is a concept that I use almost every day in my position, utilizing cognitive behavioral therapy.

As I was reading through the material, I also completed the exercises and made a note on what I want to continue to practice in my daily life. I feel inspired; I only wish that the workbook would have offered a greater amount of  exercises that would have given me more chances to explore my inner self and how to practice making positive changes. I am definitely going to reccomend this workbook to my family, friends, and colleagues.
This is a good workbook to use if you want to identify the areas to focus in on in your life. I had some difficulty in using the worksheets, not sure if it was because this was my first introduction to Darren and Joan philosophy on life and the use of this workbook. I do love any book that walks  you through the authors story and viewpoints but mostly makes the content actionable, not just read along.
This is a lovely colourful book to fill in with lots of exercises, from setting goals to vision boards

It has lots of information on meditation and gives you a few to practice along with a list of affirmations to repeat to yourself everyday. It goes on to explain different types of yoga and sets you up for daily routines, as with other books, it suggests on a morning to get up and do a bit of journaling, yoga and such before even looking at your computer and phone, so setting yourself up for the day without the instant stresses from the technology.

The biggest thing for me was the list about the ego (see left) That made a lot of sense to my thought patterns lately and how CBT is used. Although I still struggle with the idea of positive thoughts, if your new to this its a good little book to start with.

Thank you to NetGalley for a copy of this book.
When I saw the artwork on the cover of this book I just had to request to review it, not to mention the title, Create Your Dream Life Now, is enticing. This short book is filled with inspiration and helpful tips on how to focus on what you want to achieve through practicing yoga, meditation, prayer, implementing morning and nightly rituals and more.

I have in the past read books on different types of meditation. This book provided a very small sample. I discovered some I’m not too, keen on implementing, but might be open to others. I like the idea of having morning and nightly rituals. I do have a small morning one of sitting and having some coffee before work, but to add more to it, so there is more balance would be good. I have once gone to a yoga class which was outside my comfort zone. The stretching was very challenging and I couldn’t spiritually stomach the chanting, so I didn’t. As for prayer I don’t pray as much as I used to, or could/should. I do believe in God and I know this book’s stance is from a different belief system.

I think even if you don’t agree with everything in this little book you can still come away with helpful suggestions in how to focus your life goals and create balance in your life. Due to recent health ups and downs I’ve gotten into more deep breathing to help my anxiety go down so I can relax more to fall asleep at night. It truly works. I think having a tube down my throat as an infant in the hospital didn’t help in me knowing how to breathe comfortably through my nose, or to know to take good hearty, deep breaths.

I received a complimentary digital ARC copy of Create Your Dream Life Now by Darren Marc from HCI, care of NetGalley. All the opinions expressed in this review are strictly mine.