The Cow Said Neigh! (picture book)

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: Not set

Haha that was a funny book!! I loved the illustrations as well! :) This is a great read for any age (in my opinion) but particularly for toddlers!
I received this ebook through netgalley in exchange for my honest review.

My toddler and I absolutely love this book. The story is great and the illustrations in the book are big and beautiful!  We actually read this ebook every night before bed and he loves making all the animal noises with the correct animal. Thank you for allowing my son and I to sample this beautiful book.
The Cow Said Neigh by Rory Feek is such a cute book. The rhyming is catchy and lyrical. It's the kind of doing that will keep parents coming back.  And the artwork will catch the eye of little ones. My kids are teens now, but they can still quote their favorite books from when they were little. This book promises to be one of those type books.
Witty! I loved this story told in rhyme! Each of the animals perceives another animals life to be better and learns to make the sound associated with that animal in hopes of being mistaken for it by the farmer! Illustrations are cute! I think the littles are going to be demanding rereads so parents and other caregivers be forewarned!
I thought this little children's book was funny, and the youngsters will think so too. All the animals make different animal sounds, and I loved the rhyming dialogue.
I love this picture book by Rory Feek. The Cow Said Neigh! is a fun book about animals, the pictures were bright and bold enough for young readers to catch their attention. I have a granddaughter who is one and a half, she loved it. I think this book engages the readers and those who are being read to with the noises the animals make and the bright fun pictures. If I had to rate it with stars from 1-5, I would give it a big 5-star rating. This book would be good to read to children from one to five years old. It would be nice to have in a public library as well as school libraries.
My two year old giggled and kept saying, No! Silly Cow! We enjoyed reading this story together and the kids found it fun!
This is an adorably illustrated picture book with a fun lyrical quality.  It is sure to appeal to toddlers and would make a great read aloud. I laughed several times as the animals managed to mix their sounds all up.  I wouldn't hesitate to add it to the home, school or public library collection.

I received an ARC in exchange for my honest review.
A darling picture book with a whimsical turn on 'the grass is always greener', where the farm animals all imagine what it would be like to be another animal on the farm.  Even the farmer gets in on the act!  The bright cheery pictures will be sure to engage your little one.  Thanks to NetGalley and the publishers for the opportunity to read and review.  #TheCowSaidNeigh!(pictureBook) #NetGalley
“The grass is always greener on the other side.” In Rory Feek’s The Cow Said Neigh! A Farm Story, each farm animal wants to be a different one by mimicking the sounds of the other. (Full review on Hope by the Book magazine web content dated 10/19/2018)
This picture book is full of cute pictures and would be an enjoyable read to small children.  I think it misses the opportunity to give a message, such as the farmer appreciating each animal as they are.
Absolutely wonderful!
This is a charming, silly animal sounds book that can be read with a musical rhythm. Sure to get your little in a silly mood and make fun sounds!
Beautifully illustrated, as well.
What a wonderful book of rhyming, silliness, and fun!  With fun illustrations the reader will be introduced to the typical animal on the farm but with a bit of wishful thinking make a different sound then they are known for.  The reader will have a fun time guessing what sound the next animal will make along with rhyming through out.  This story would be a great fun read in a classroom or part of a storytime theme!
This rhyming book does little to break new ground, but the meter is strong and the text and pictures are entertaining.  The author is famous in his own right, and will help to sell this book in some circles  Not an essential purchase, but libraries that need farm books will be served well by this volume.
I love it! This is a wonderfully illustrated and highly entertaining picture book for preschoolers. The story is simple and silly, but I can see my kiddos really enjoying this one! We often discuss animals on the farm and pretend to make their sounds. With this silly twist im sure my children will be correcting me as I go,
The illustrations really make this story! I highly recommend it!
Thank you to Thomas Nelson and NetGalley for this e-copy in exchange for my honest review. My opinions are my own.
This is likely to be very appealing to young children. Repetition, especially of animal sounds, goes over well with toddlers. And they find nothing funnier than animals making the wrong noises. Pair it with "Bark, George".
we had this book when I was a kid Im not sure how its coming out again however its such a cute book I don't care I love love love it. It was a favorite a a kid and still love it. Kids giggled all the way through it and wanted to read it again.
A great book that young children will love.  I really enjoy books for this age that rhyme and this one has some really lovely illustrations to go with it.  Perfect for little ones who are learning farm animals names and sounds.  Perfect bedtime reading!
This would be a funny and wacky book for storytime for older toddlers who already know their animal sounds. I don't think I would would recommend for kids who are still learning their animals sounds because it would be very confusing. I liked the illustrations and the rhyming verse. Overall, it was a fun book that I think kids would find entertaining.

I received an ARC of this book via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
This book was enjoyable!  Will be a great addition to storytime for any topic or theme involving farm animals.  Great pictures.