Member Review

Review by

Audrey A, Reviewer

Last updated on 18 Jul 2018

I Recommend This Book

The Woman's Herbal Apothecary is a basic and easy to follow guide to learning herbology and making your own p creations.
JJ Pursell talks you through terminology and gives you lessons about your body you may not have thought about. She suggest tinctures and teas for many female physical issues. But she also expands  past those to other ideas of femininity including facial and skin care as well tricks for such simple things such as headaches.
 I really like that in her introduction, she said not to leave out your medical doctor as you use these . People think just because it's natural it is ok and often times it's not. I have inflammation and kidney disease. Studies have shown that devil's claw can crash them while turmeric is safe. I will tell you turmeric has made a huge difference in my life and I advocate for safe usage of herbs and other natural remedies.
I gave this a four stars because I have not gotten to try any of the recipes but I will come back after I see how they turn out. Also, I didn't like there were so few photos especially in the section about particular herbs so that could have been better. I received an ARC through NetGalley*; I wish I had a hard copy so I could try the recopies easier.

*All opinions are my own.