Prayer: Forty Days of Practice

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: Not set

I really liked the artwork and ways of prayer that were presented in the book. Would be good for someone currently stuck in their prayer life, going through tough times and wanting something new to try, or just someone new to the faith that wondered how the heck they were supposed to pray anyway. Was shorter than I expected but still good content.
This was an interesting book that tried to give readers a basis for regular prayer. Included in the book are thought-provoking pictures accompanying the short prayers, and some interesting stories that highlight the power of prayer.
Sadly not a book for me. I can see if you are someone who wants to add a 'spiritual' dimension to your life and enjoy meditating, this could be of benefit. But as a committed Christian believer I didn't find this as helpful for my relationship with God. Might suit others though...
I was drawn to this book because I have been a fan of Scott Erickson's artwork for many years. His artwork pairs wonderfully with Justin McRoberts's writing to create a beautiful book. It is comprised of short prayers with thought-provoking accompanying images, interspersed with meditations and practices. I enjoyed reading this ebook, but cannot wait for the physical book to be released. It is definitely a book to read in its physical form so that you can see the two-page spread of prayer and image concurrently. It is a book you can return to in your daily personal prayers, and I am also looking forward to reading it with my Bible study group.
This book of Prayer is very different from your usual devotional book. Prayer: 40 Days of Practice takes you out of the typical prayer and works on getting your spiritual siding moving.
Think of this book like a writing prompt book: it gives you a jumping point and  then you dive in. The book includes  drawings, quotes, short essays and practice suggestions.
I found this book very refreshing and it absolutely took me to other places to talk with God and to think through my life.
I enjoyed the anecdotes but the pictures were distracting. I like the practical applications about prayer.
I received this book today-thank you Netgalley.  It was so good I finished it today and can't wait to purchase a hardcopy in February.   I will admit that I started the book with a bit of skepticism.  I don't know the authors and am wary of false prophets who pontificate all sorts of silliness.  But the author intro grabbed my attention, the format was appealing and before I knew it I was done with the book.  I plan to reread it, more slowly, allowing the meditations to settle into my soul.  This is a book to keep, to share, and to talk about.