Tear Me Apart

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 16 Oct 2018

This was my first J.T. Ellison book, and it didn't disappoint!  It was twisty, full of intrigue, and just plain fun...basically, my kind of book!  And I'm a sucker for "switched at birth" type of stories, so that added to my pleasure.  The only thing keeping me from giving this a full five star rating is because it was definitely a bit longer than it needed to be, and dragged a bit in the third quarter.  But, one could say that about a lot of good books, so,  outside of that, this one's a winner!
J.T. Ellison's latest suspenseful thriller "Tear Me Apart" is the gripping story of a mother willing to do anything to protect her daughter, even as their cautiously created world unravels around them. A world full of lies and deceit!
An addictive story with many twists and turns and never a dull moment.
This well-written and well-plotted novel held me captivated throughout.

Thank you to NetGalley and Harlequin/MIRA for an arc of this novel in exchange for my honest review.
This is a fantastically twisty story. This is only my second book by J.T Ellison, she has quickly become one of my favorite writers.   Mindy is a skier on the verge of the olympics untill an accident puts her in the hospital. This is when she learns she has leukemia and her only hope is a stem-cell transplant. Will anyone in her family be a match, will she survive this? Layers of twisty secrets and family drama with Mindys mom Lauren at the center of all.

I really enjoyed the thrill of this one. It’s quick drama filled pace, kept me flipping threw the pages fast to find out was going to happen next.

Thank you to netgalley and the publisher for this copy in exchange for an honest review. #netgalley
I ordinarily love everything by this author but was very let down by this one. I found it just trudging through the motions, never felt a connection to the characters or storyline at all. Might try again someday but thanks to netgalley for the opportunity
A good read full of deceit and lies and lives colliding... a lot of twists and turns along the way also ..
3.25*
Mindy Wright is the latest, greatest downhill ski phenom. She’s just become the teenage champion and now has her sights squarely on the Olympics. In such a dangerous sport, serious injuries are unavoidable. So it was no real surprise when Mindy took a nasty spill. But unbelievably, her skiing injuries are the least of her problems.

Specialty surgeons quickly discover she has a potentially fatal illness. Now her most important race is against time, to do what’s necessary to find a cure for her.

It’s during this process that secrets and long hidden deeds are peeled back and exposed – leaving one major question: What’s the higher priority? Saving Mindy’s life, or keeping secrets hidden from everyone.

This is the second book I’ve read by this author with the first - Lie to Me, that I could not put down. This one just didn’t quite hold the intensity of her previous release, but still a solid, fun read!

It’s a rapid pace, light reading, and if that’s what you’re looking for you’ve got it! You’ll love this one. Personally for me, I was just looking for something a bit more...on par with J.T. Ellison’s last book.

A buddy read with Susanne🌸

Thank you to NetGalley, Harlequin-MIRA and J.T. Ellison for an ARC to read in exchange for an honest review.
My Highly Caffeinated Thought: A fabulously tense, addictive, and thrilling read.

All hail the Queen. TEAR ME APART is a phenomenal read. At the beginning of the book, I had a feeling I was going to be getting a certain type of thriller. However, after things began to unravel, I soon realized I was in for one hell of a ride.

Here is the thing about Ellison. She has a unique ability to pull at your heartstrings while still maintaining a solid level of suspense. The narrative is packed with so many layers of deception and intrigue that you can't help but devour the pages in front of you. At least, I couldn't stop myself.

From beginning to end, this book will pull you into the web of lies with the rich writing style, carefully crafted twists, and the perfection of the plot. Trust me when I say...this is a must read.
Long, but good. I didn't realize when I started that this is nearly 500 pages long. I'm not sure that it needed to be, but I didn't find myself lagging at any point. Some of the relationships are twisted and some are sweet. I definitely will be reading more Ellison as I really enjoyed this one.
Tear Me Apart was a 5 star read for me. It had everything a thriller needs to be successful and most importantly believable. The characters were so well rounded and developed. As Lauren’s perfect life started unraveling and I thought for sure she was behind it all, she held up such a perfect veneer that I seriously doubted myself and wondered who else I had overlooked. Perfect!
Please do not judge this book by the time it took me to read it.  I had a lot of stuff going on which took me away from the love of my life: reading.  Tear Me Apart, is an  excellent book. It had every single element that makes a book really really good. There was family drama, there was mystery, there was intrigue, and there was even romance. The author hit every single mark. and he did it extraordinarily.

This book held me captive.  I have never read this after before but I can assure you I am definitely a fan.

Thank you to Net Galley for allowing me to read an ARC of this book, thank you to J. T. Ellison  and harlequin Mira.
This was my first book by this author and I cannot wait to read another one.
What a roller coaster ride: lies, betrayal, murder.
How your life can change in a heartbeat, happy one minute and the next your life is going downhill fast and you realize who you thought are family are really strangers.
I loved the writing and the emotions this book brought forth.
Thank you Netgalley, the publisher and the author J. T. Ellison.
J.T. Ellison set the bar high when she wrote Lie To Me; I was engaged from start to finish and couldn't stop thinking about it for weeks afterwards. Unfortunately, Tear Me Apart did not live up to my expectations. Maybe that had to do with how I felt about Lie To Me or the fact that Tear Me Apart had received such incredible reviews.

Tear Me Apart dragged on for at least the first third. I didn't feel invested or interested until around the mid-way point. Once it picked up, it delivered the twists that were promised... but still a case of too little, too late.

I am a huge fan of psychological thrillers - fiction. However, I still need to feel that the plot could happen and is explained in a reasonable fashion. Tear Me Apart left a lot of holes in the story line, leaving me a lot of questions. I think this one was just a bit too unrealistic for my taste.
Tl;dr: A crackerjack of a thriller that's a twisty, fantastically fun ride.

Wow, did I enjoy Tear Me Apart! I'd just finished an amazing novel in a different genre, so I confess, I went in with a bit of an attitude. And I was throughly delighted with how Ms. Ellison showed me the what for.

I can't say too much about the plot without getting into spoiler territory, but I csn say this: the writing is solid and tight with a T, the villian is one hell of a character, there's a teen girl who is precocious without being precious, and for once I actually found myself longing for the small subplot with a hint of romance to be more (usually I find that the romance eats up more space than it should--not the case in Tear Me Apart!

Is this worth your time? Well, it was so enjoyable that I tore through it, sneaking in chapters during my commute and even before a staff meeting instead of heading straight for the pizza. And I love pizza.

In fact, I liked it so much that 3/4 of the way through my ARC I bought a copy--and another of Ms. Ellison's standalones. Definitely recommended for fans of character driven suspense/thrillers with strong female characters.
Tear Me Apart was a really good book and I really enjoyed the author's writing. The story wasn't what I expected at all and certainly had some good twists and turns along the way. Some of these I figured out before hand and some I had not. The book does deal with some fairly sensitive issues but I think the author handled them really well. It was certainly an engrossing story and I look forward to reading more from the author in the future. Also, make sure to read the author's note at the end of the book.

Thank you to the publisher, Harlequin and MIRA books for sending me an ARC of this book.
Thank you to Emer Flounders for an advance copy of this novel for my honest opinion and review. All of my opinions are my own.
I stayed up so late finishing Tear Me Apart. JT Ellison has seriously created the ultimate psychological thriller. It’s like nothing I’ve ever read before. Ellison asks the question how far would you go for your family?
Mindy is a world class athlete, competing for a spot on the Olympic ski team. When an unfortunate accident happens at a race, Mindy doesn’t shatter records, she shatters her leg.
In the hospital Mindy and her family learn than its more than broken bones. It’s cancer, a rare form and she’s going to need a stem cell transplant from a family member. But things aren’t as they seem, secrets are coming to the surface and what seemed like a difficult situation that could be handled with ease. Mindy is left confused, the race is on now to find answers to a strange mystery. Who are her parents? Why doesn’t their DNA match with hers?
This story moves fast, filled with suspense, murder, mental health, and a variety of medical traumas. This book has it all, I couldn’t believe it! How could such a crazy story be unfolding? You have to read this to find out what happens to Mindy and her family.
The thing I appreciated the most from this book was the note at the end from the author. While mental health, self harm and suicide are all apart of this story - Ellison sheds light on these difficult topics and offers a voice to those who may be in need. Please reach out for help, everyone deserves happiness.
This was my second JT Ellison Book, and it won't be my last. Both books I have read, have kept me engrossed until the last page. This is a story of Love, Trust and Betrayal. I love how it goes from past to present. I also enjoy books of mental illness, which this disappoint. Thank you Netgalley for blessing me with a copy!
Thank you to Netgalley, the publisher and author for an advanced copy of this book.

Alas I give it only 3 stars.  It was just not as good as her previous books (which I'd 5 star) and I found I just did not care about any of the characters.  There was no mystery and no big plot twists.
TEAR ME APART is another great novel by JT Ellison. I discovered Ellison on netgalley and am always excited when another novel comes out. Great, gripping suspense at it's finest.
Tear Me Apart was a slow starter for me. I picked it up and put it down numerous times. What turned me off was the multiple points of view and the many voices introduced and intertwined.  However, once I got through the setup sections, and the suspense started to unfold, the pace picked up, as did my interest. I did find myself appreciating the complexity of the multiple storylines and the uncovering of the layers. The psychological aspect was well explored, as were the effects of physical injury. There was a lot of scientific and medical jargon.  All in all, once I got into Tear Me Apart, I did find it entertaining, it would make a good airplane or vacation read.
This was a good story, but it was lacking in the mystery aspect.  There really was no mystery as all was very easy to figure out.  Not as exciting and suspenseful as the writer's other books.