A.K.A.

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 08 Aug 2018

Have to admit it wasn’t my favourite read of the year. Parts were phenomenal but, the story lacked something. Not everyone will agree with me but, for me it fell flat.
A.K.A. is a  twisted read with a little romance thrown in.

Morgan Steel is on the run for a crime she did commit. She now lives under an alias and is working as a waitress at a small town bar. Far cry from her days as a hot shot Los Angeles prosecutor. Keeping her head low, she avoids making close connections with everyone around her, but local firefighter Ethan Black will not be denied. Their cat and mouse pursuit of each other is electrifying, but could her distraction from her real problems eventually be her downfall?

This book starts off at a slow but interesting pace that kept me hooked. There was a couple of problems with the story, mainly towards the end where the story, at times, felt disconnected and rushed. Even with this issue, I really enjoyed the intrigue surrounding Morgan's new life and the fear of her past coming back to ruin her.

I received this book from NetGalley for my honest review.
I would like to thank Netgalley and the publisher for providing me with a free copy in exchange for my honest review.

The plot to this book is full of twists and turns. It is unpredictable and full of hidden surprises.

I wasn't a fan of the chess references throughout the book but understand and appreciate the concept . It didn't take anything away from the book for me but didn't add anything either.

About halfway through, it stepped up and I had to really get my head into it to fully take on the plot .
It was hard to put down and I read it in 2 sittings .
 A fast paced and enjoyeble read
This is the story of ADA Morgan who kills a man who killed her half sister and then goes into hiding. This book was a bit disjointed and at times difficult to follow but if you stick with it it all comes together at the end. I wouldn't say I disliked the book, there were just too many times I thought to myself "Huh?". In the end it was a decent thriller and I would recommend, just don't give up on it as eventually it makes sense.