This Is You, This Is Me

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 09 Aug 2018

I received an Advanced Reader Copy. I am voluntarily leaving a review.  I liked the story, I liked the premise. Silvia had monstrous family and a awful childhood. Marshall was a rock star. They met each other and melded and exploded at the same time. They marry the week they met each other. They were young and impulsive. It is three years later and they are on the edge of divorce. The story of their lives is compelling, but then it just stops. No resolution, except for the outsider. Some of the plot points were confusing to me. I ended up frustrated. I don't necessarily need a happily after after, but I do need resolution. If this is not a stand alone, then that was not made clear to me. 3.5 stars
I received This is You, This is Me as an ARC from NetGalley. I rarely abandon something once I start to read it but I could not finish this book.  It was horrible.  The characters were very unlikable and  I didn't enjoy how the book with back & forth between the 2 main characters.  Nothing about this story was good.

Silvia has an affair and bears a daughter who is not biologically her husband's.  This novel is written in conversations with a therapist--Silvia and Marajall share their stories and their pain.
I received this ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I really liked the story idea, that's why I read. I really liked the two different side as well, it made it more understandable.
But there were a couple problems with the timeline for me. Honestly, sometimes I was confused if we are in the past, or in the present. There were no signs what showed we went back to the past. It was quite confusing.
I didn't like Sylvia at all. I think she's a pretty silly person (I'm being nice). I never had a situation like hers (and I hope never will have), but I learned pretty well, that lies make more lies, and when they revealed everything and everybody will be broken. I don't really get what she thought... "ohh darling, don't worry, I don't care the child is not mine, and you were lying all the time, I still love you^^" ?!?!?!?!
But I'm really grateful for the chance, thank you ^^
Sadly,I could not get with this book,found the pace somewhat frenzied and exhausting to follow. The main characters did not elicit any emotions except for nonchalance and the writing style did not appeal.Since I was unable to finish this book,and cannot definitively say that it didn't get better, so my opinion should be contrasted and compared with others before making a decision on the quality of this writing.
I really enjoyed the description of this book as it sounded different than most of what I have read before. It sounded like it dealt with real life issues in a real way. And it did, however I thought it was a little bit choppy and confusing at times. I enjoyed the fact that it went back and forth between Marshall and Sylvia but I wish the chapters had been a little bit longer, that would make it feel less choppy to me. I also got confused at several points about the timeline of everything. Because they were both going back into their pasts I wasn't always understanding what had happened when. I'm not sure how I feel about the ending. I don't know that I felt there was any resolution or character growth. But then again, this does sometimes happen in real life so it I do like that it felt real.
I received this ARC from NetGalley. This story never really took off for me. It was basically just the couple at a counseling session and you hear both sides. It never came to a head. I liked the idea of it, but there needed to be a turning point.
I was immediately interested in this book from the description, and the concept is interesting.  How does a marriage and relationship change when it's turned upside down?  I love the psychological implications and was so interested to read it.

However, I found that the format of the story was extremely hard for me to be captivated by. The story is told by Silvia and Marshall in alternating chapters to their therapist.  Silvia was a teenage super model when she met rockstar Marshall The issue with the format was that they overlapped the story, but not in a way that I found was just their different points of view.  There were constant walk backs in the story where I felt like the repeats were confusing.

I also had a hard time identifying with the privilege of the two characters.  Both have trust funds they can't touch, but are also rich and famous.  The only redemption of the two of them was their child, Coletta.  I honestly wished more would have been given about her.  She has a rare illness that brings relationship issues to light.  In the end I feel like the illness wasn't fleshed out and there wasn't a resolution.  It wasn't in a cliff hanger manner.  It had an air that it was just unfinished.

I felt like the book could have benefited from more of a story format than the back and forth story from the divorce attorney.
This Is You, This Is Me was a great short read. I enjoyed reading this book. Silvia is a young asiping and successful model. Marshall is a member in a blooming rock band, When they meet each other it is love at first sight. Silvias grandfather leaves her an inheritance and everyone in her immediate family is arguing and fighting for the right to what they believe is their share of the inheritance. Silvia has a close relationship with her manager Damien. One night Silvia makes a desicion that will change the rest of her life. Silvia and Marshall have a daughter named Coletta who becomes severely sick, and both have different views on how to go about treatment for their daughter. As they takk about all their emotions, thoughts, and struggles they went through, one question remains..... will their marriage last?

I liked this book. I liked the different views from reading the thoughts of Silvia from one chapter and the thoughts of Marshall in the next. I liked how even though both talked about struggles in their marriage, it seemed they were still battling strugglee within themselves. Getting over past hurt, and regrets. I sid feel this book dragged a little, but overall a good fast read.
I tried to finish this book but the story line doesn't seem to line up with what the bookwas supposed to be about. I give this book one star.
The best part about this book is it's format. You get to read different perspectives of both parties and follow them in their journey as they talk through their issues.
I loved bits of Marshall's memories and there's the feeling of love between the couple but not trust. I liked that they were willing to talk things through, it was quite refreshing to read about such optimism. Thank you NetGalley for the eARC.
I received this ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Silvia and Marshall meet with a therapist for a vomit session when Marshall finds out their daughter isn’t his.

This book was so hard to get through. I didn’t like the writing style where it was stream of consciousness and then all of a sudden there was dialogue interspersed. It just didn’t flow at all to me.

I found Silvia to be annoyingly emotional in all of the wrong places.

This book just didn't do it for me.