Cover Image: The Forbidden Door

The Forbidden Door

This is the 4th book in the Jane Hawk series. She's former FBI but has become a fugitive. The Techno Arcadians have murdered her husband and plan to use her 5-year-old son Travis as bait to trap her. But Jane is no ordinary mother, and her mission is no ordinary duty. The fate of her son and perhaps the world rests on her determined shoulders.
This is book 4 in the Jane Hawk Series.  Jane is trying to stay alive and find the people that killed her husband.  In this one, her son is in danger, and she must save him and herself so that she can continue with her work of saving the country.
Another engrossing piece of the Jane Hawk epic story! This series has all the makings of a great action movie. When you start the story you better hold on for the ride. And they always leave me anticipating the next.
Jane Hawk is a super strong, clever, and resourceful woman, took me on a very brave ride! Thank you NetGalley, author and publisher for the e-reader for review. All opinions are my own.
This isn't a stand-alone, so if you haven't read the others, you will want to do that first. Jane is very vivacious, large, and in charge. The story is very action and suspense-driven, more action than suspense. The villains are clearly evil, most of the good is a bit more good than grey area. The only reason for the 4 star is that you do need to have the rest of the series or you will be lost.

Thanks to Net Galley for my copy of this book. This review is my own, left of my own volition.
I've read several books by Dean Koontz and have enjoyed them all. His books are easy to follow and very fast paced. Many times I had to stop reading and didn't want to. I highly recommend this book and anything else that he's written.
I am a huge Dean Koontz fan and I absolutely love the Jane Hawk novels!!

The characters are likeable.  The plot realistic. Jane is such a smart and tough heroine.  Another well done addition!
I really like Dean Koontz overall. It's a rather interesting series that I wished had some more interesting moments. These particularly book didn't really draw me in as much as the previous in series.
This is the 4th book of a 5 book series. To say too much would be to ruin any surprises this wonderful novel affords. Admittedly it does not suffer from the 4th book in a 5 book series setbacks, action galore. Highly recommended.
Dean Koontz has been a favorite author of mine for years and he is reclaiming his writing brilliance with the Jane Hawk series.  She is a wonderful heroine and The Forbidden Door is another engrossing entry in the series.  I loved it!
The Forbidden Door by Dean Koontz is a 2018 Bantam publication.

Full throttle thrill ride- sans Jane Hawk- well, mostly…

This fourth installment in the Jane Hawk series brings on even more tension- if that’s possible- and a seismic shift in direction as the weight of the world has become nearly too heavy for Jane to carry, but carry it she must, for the sake of her son, Travis... And all of America.

As the story begins, Travis is in more danger than ever before, and Jane is trying to make her way back to him, but the journey is fraught with many close calls and near misses.

In the meantime, the mind control developments are becoming more frequent, but with limited success. In fact, things seem to be going awry more often and in a horrifying way, a situation no one seems prepared for.

While this series is still very intense, it has also morphed into something far removed from with the original premise, snowballing into something so huge, it is hardly recognizable.

While Jane Sleeps…

There were chunks of the story where Jane was not directly involved, and I suppose I missed her presence. But it wasn’t as if there was nothing going on. This book, like the previous installments, is packed with high octane action and suspense.

The non-stop terror and feelings of dread are palpable. The four-hundred -plus pages fly by, once again leaving me breathless and drained, and geared up for the next and final chapter in the series!

4 stars
This started off promising but as the story went on it went slower and slower. This FBI agent in on the run for reasons that were discussed in the previous books. There is a ring of people who shoot up people with a drug that controls them. They are after Jane and will do anything to get to her. She is trying to uncover all of this because she knows her husband didn’t commit suicide. Promising plot but this just fell short. Mr. Koontz is one of my favorite authors so I am disappointed. I almost think this was ghost written by someone else.
Book 4 in the Jane Hawk series.

I have only read book 3 in the series, but enjoyed the thrill and suspense af that one.

This book dragged a bit, but still had that “sit on the edge of your seat” type thrill, which I like.

Dean Koontz has a way of writing these scenes where you can’t stop reading! On to book 5!

I received this ebook copy from the publisher and NetGalley for an honest review.
More conspiracy, more Jane Hawk. Kind of a mixed bag .. I enjoyed it overall.
Downloaded through Netgalley freely in exchange for this honest review. Thank you!
#4 is probably the lowest rated in the series but still pretty good.

There is a lot of action but it dragged in some spots where I didn’t feel like that at all in the other books.

Thank you Netgalley for the arc!
As always I was entertained by this character and the author. Looking forward to reading next edition.
The book was a little wordy and the same concept drilled into your head over and over and over again.  Then there is the fact that you really do need to read all 4 books.  No thanks!  At first, the book was really good and I couldn't wait to see what happened.  About 20% into the book I was ready to give up.  Lost the character somehow and just didn't care anymore.  Received this book as an ARC and I voluntarily give my review.
Koontz continues with this thriller that keeps you glued to every page living the same adventures that Jane finds herself in.  The great story continues.
A chilling continuing story about a secret society that wants control of the world

In this fourth book of the Jane Hawk series, Jane finds that some of her well-laid plans for the protection of her five year-old son are at risk and so she rushes to rescue this most important person in the world to her.

Jane is an ex-FBI agent that is hard on the trail of the Arcadians, the group behind the staged suicide of her beloved husband.

You really need to start at the beginning of this series and read the books in order. I had previously read the first three books but just finished re-reading them because it had been a while since I finished them. I'm glad I did. There were bits and pieces all the way through those first three books that I had forgotten.

Jane is one kick ass mother/wife out for her own vengeance plus to protect the world from the coming threat.

Bernie is back in this book and I love his character. And I love a new character added in this book. This is my favorite book of the series so far. It IS over 400 pages but the pages and the story zoom by. Lots of action and tears of sadness and happiness are shed.

I am now off to read the fifth and final book in the series THE NIGHT WINDOW.

I received this book from Random House through Net Galley in the hopes that I would read it and leave an unbiased review.
A thrilling ride where you need to stay one step ahead of your enemies to save the one you love. The suspense will hold you captive.