Brother John

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 16 May 2019

I loved this book. It isn't an overcomplicated story filled with all the trappings of miracles and over-the-top imagery, but a simple story of finding the road to faith, through an everyday kind of encounter that causes an inner reflection.

This is the kind of book that I think all people who are faithful to Christ should read. It makes you feel warm inside and reminds you that no matter who you are, or what your situation is, you are never that far away from God.

I recommend this book to anyone looking for an uplifting experience. It made me smile and I found I was still thinking about it when I went to bed.

This review is based on a complimentary copy from the publisher, provided through Netgalley, all opinions are my won.
I have been blessed to be given the opportunity to read this wonderful book.  This short but valuable book reads like a calming meditation.  The illustrations are beautiful and give a sense of serene calmness.   This is an essay that was entered into a contest and won the grand prize and it is definitely well deserved.  I highly recommend this book,  you will thank yourself for reading it.
Brother John is a wonderfully written little book with a big message about finding purpose. The illustrations by Glenn Harrington beautifully capture the atmosphere of what I can  only imagine the monastery to be like and convey the sense of peace and purposefulness that August Turak writes about.
I was excited about the opportunity to read and review this; however the Netgalley download starts on page 25, so it is not possible. From what I could see, this is very well done.