Winter in Paradise

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 31 Jan 2019

I love an Elin Hilderbrand book in my beach bag during the summer and now I love a Hilderbrand book by the fire in the winter. Elin always manages to write about interesting, relatable characters in beautiful settings.
Elin Hilderbrand has caused a bit of a change in my reading habits this summer—I’ve never been one to read series or binge read an author—all that has changed!
#2 doesn’t come out until October!
***Update--I have an ARC of #2 thanks to NetGalley!
Imagine finding out that your husband or your father had another life you knew nothing about. This is what happens when the Steele family travel to find out how Russ died and why he owns a home on an island. There are many questions and the answers are slow in coming. The story is engaging and the characters are likable.
I loved this book! I loved the characters and the complex story of the husband's second life. Irene has the perfect life, only to wake up to a nightmare when she learns that her husband has died.... in St. John. But that's not where he told her he was going on his latest business trip. Trying to figure out what happened, Irene and her sons go to St. John to uncover the clues of the tragic accident when she learns that her husband has a second family! Well this is news to her! Irene finds herself in a web of lies and deceit as she uncovers the truth behind her husband and family she thought she knew.

I loved the ending. I didn't see it coming and I can't wait to read the next book in this series!
Irene's life implodes when her husband is killed in a helicopter accident while he was on a business trip, or so she thought. Turns out Irene didn't know a thing about her husband or what he did when he was"away". This book was very well written, with great characters and quite a few surprises. I look forward to the next book in this series.
First of all, I did not figure this out until the end.  It had me going from page one. I loved it so much.  I would highly recommend it. It is only the second book I've read from Elin Hilderbrand. I will definitely be reading more.  I cannot wait to read the second book.
I enjoyed this book SO much more than I thought that I would and I CANNOT wait for the next one to come out! I adored ALL of the characters (except for Baker, he's an ass) but especially Irene and Ayers. The story moves quickly (can't wait to see where it goes) and considering there is more story to come, the characters evolve in a logical manner.

A quick and easy beach read....pick it up!

Thank you Netgalley for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I always like the breezy beach reads from Hilderbrand but this one moved a bit slowly for me. I also didn't love that the book ends on a huge cliffhanger, which forces you into getting the next one in the series.
Such a fantastic Elin Hilderbrand book! One of her best books! I cannot wait until the next one comes out! At first, I was worried because it wasn't in Nantucket, but Elin did not disappoint!
What a wonderful novel. I cant wait for the next novel in the series.   Love the setting, love the characters and love the story.
Elin Hilderbrand's newest book is a clear winner. It follows a woman, Irene, whose life appeared perfect. She quickly finds out that her life isn't what she thought it was and her journey to find out the truth takes her to St. John. The book does end on a cliffhanger, but that was okay with me since I know there will be a second book. I can't wait to see what happens next.
This is book 1 in Ms. Hilderbrand's new series Paradise.  It is a great beginning with lots of wonderful characters, beautiful location and and intriguing background mystery.  Irene Steele gets a phone call on New Year's Eve informing her that her husband is dead in a helicopter crash in St. Johns Island.  She doesn't understand why he was there and she and her two adult sons travel to the Caribbean to discover he has a second family on the island.  Well written and a good hanging ending to have you searching for the release date of book 2.   I read almost everything Elin Hilderbrand writes and this is another family story with a twist.  I received a copy of this ARC in exchange for a fair and honest review.
This was my first book by Elin Hilderbrand and it won’t be my last! I am looking forward to other books in this series. You won’t be disappointed with this one.
So, I just finished Winter in Paradise by Elin Hilderbrand and I need more! Anyone that has read this book will understand exactly what I am saying. I am a huge fan of Elin Hilderbrand, especially the Winter Series, so was very happy to see a new set to get started reading. This first book has Irene Steele learning that her husband of more than three decades has died on a tropical island. She gathers her two boys to go down to deal with everything and discovers the shocking secret that her husband was living a private life. This is a story that will grab you from the beginning and you will not want to put it down. Now to wait for book two...
An easy beach read or one to make you dream about the beach during these cold winter months.  This is the first book in a trilogy and I look forward to the others.  You'll love the characters and of course, the location.

This book is all about secrets and it truly is a tangled web that Elin Hilderbrand has written. Thanks to the publisher and to NetGalley for the opportunity to read and review this title. #WinterInParadise #NetGalley #ElinHilderbrand
Winter in Paradise might just be my favorite Elin Hilderbrand novel and I really enjoy all her books. This one is set in the Caribbean and now I must travel there. (Winter is too long in Wisconsin.) I just finished the book and wish I could read the second in the series now. Surely it is a series because I have many questions and I am not ready to say goodbye to these dynamic characters.@elinhilderbrand when can I read the rest of the story? #elinhilderbrand #Winterinparadise #netgalley

Posted on Instagram @JanetReads
Thank you NetGalley for the opportunity to read Winter in Paradise by Elin Hilderbrand. I’ve read several of Hilderbrand’s books - nice easy beach reads- but this one....  it took me quite a while to get through it. I kept putting it down but, have finally finished it.   I found the characters superficial and unbelievable. The plot was just as unbelievable. I hated the way it ended - even knowing it’s the first of a trilogy. Even beach reads deserve some substance.
I have recently fallen in love with Elin Hilderbrand’s books and I don’t know what took me so long- they are right up my alley. I dove in partially because I recently moved to New England, but this one set in the Caribbean still reeled me in. I so wanted to know what was going on with the husband’s secret life... at one point I thought he and his lover might have faked their deaths and run away together! I guess that could still be possible if book 2 in the series provides the twist. Light, fun read— as usual with her books, you can’t go wrong.

Elin does it again with another wonderful story that draws you in right from the beginning!
I am now waiting in anticipation for the next book in this series. Her description makes me want to visit the island, just like Nantucket.
This is not my first Elin Hilderbrand book, nor will it be my last! I love her style of writing and find that I'm very into her storylines. It's full of mystery and drama and I felt like the characters were so interesting! If you like a book that will leave you guessing on what's going to happen, this is it!