Overcomer

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 10 Jan 2019

Overcomer by Dr. David Jeremiah has blessed my socks off with the Truth that drips from the pages.  It’s challenged me with Truth and sent me to the Word.  It’s spoken Truth in ways that I need to hear and more than once.  I need to embrace these Truths and live in light of His Word which this author brings out on every page.  I love the way he brings everyday stories in showing me his meaning and by bringing these in it’s powerful and heavy.  He speaks of the Armor we, as believers, are to put on and walk in every day.  I’m so blessed to have been confronted by this written work.
I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

***Also posted on CBD, B&N
This book will empower you to be all God has created you to be. To be an overcomer and not be overcome by your circumstances.

If you want a book with practical advice and will encourage you to live beyond your circumstances but not give you some pat answers that we over and over then this is the book for you.

A copy of this book was given to me through Netgalley.com. All opinions are my own.
Wonderful book that reassures you that God has given us avenues to be an overcomer of this world.  This book stresses that prayer is a way to overcome anything that you may go through.  Thank you for allowing me to read this amazing book.
"Overcomer " by   David  Jeremiah is  an outstanding book.  This  book   has a study  guide , DVDs to go with the book for more explanations.  David  Jeremiah is a wonderful  pastor in San Diego.   His  radio program and  daily  devotional is called turning point.   Each  chapter has  rich insights for the Christian life.    He    writes with   Ephesians 6 as his focus.  He    writes in a very personal and practical style. This book  has rich  tools for the Christian life.  He  give the Christian  8  ways for unstoppable  strength, unmovable  faith and unbelievable  power.  His   8 ways  are : overcoming weakness with strength, overcoming falsehood with truth, overcoming evil with good,  overcoming fear with faith, overcoming confusion with wisdom, overcoming temptation with  scripture, overcoming everything with prayer,  and overcoming   everything with life.    He  uses   part of the armor  to  explain each part of the   8 ways.     He   wants the Christian to use the armor of God every  day since we  are in   a  battle.    We  must  use the helmet  to protect   all the  parts of  the head the  can lead to battle from satan. We  need to watch and be on guard   for what  enters our mind since   our thoughts are so important for our success as a Christian.    We are  to watch  that we tell the truth and not  lie  by  keeping the word as the  sword  of the spirit  active  in our  heart and mind and  wear the breast plate of  truth. . We  need to  wear the heavy  shoes  on the gospel of peace to protect our feet .   He  suggests we live with an attitude of prayer daily and moment by moment.   He  says , " Prayer is the overarching key to  being an overcomer."  He  said we need to look for triggers in our day that  will remind us to pray each day often.. He  reminds us we lose God's  perspective when   we focus on our worries.  In each  chapter   David  puts lots of  examples  of people and  their situations  and shows how they have overcome. For example  , He  said that Dietrich Bonhoeffer  leaned on God so much while He  was in  prison  that He had a peace. This peace   was in  every circumstance He  was in and He  was close to God.  He  was martyred  for his faith..  He is a real example for our lives.This book is  very inspiring.  I  think  it  would be excellent for any  Christian.  It is a book you can  reread and still find good applications for your  life. Thank you for  Thomas Nelson  for allowing me to read and review this  book through  netgalley. I   appreciate this opportunity.
Overcomer
8 Ways to Live a Life of Unstoppable Strength, Unmovable Faith, and Unbelievable Power
by Dr. David Jeremiah
Thomas Nelson--W Publishing
Thomas Nelson
Christian , Religion & Spirituality
Pub Date 02 Oct 2018
I am reviewing Overcomer through Thomas Nelson and Netgalley:

We live in a time of great uncertainty. The Bible Promises we are created to enjoy living a life of freedom, in times when the world around us is filled with great darkness. God created us to be overcomers conquering the greatest obstacles that are in our lives.

In this book David Jeremiah offers his insights on one of the most quoted but least understood passages of the Bible, the apostle Paul's admonition to the Ephesians to take up the armor of God.  He explores the powerful relevance of the Spiritual armor as an important tool each day as we face the challenges of our lives and our times.

If you've had enough living in defeat this book will help you to renew your strength as you claim the promises of God's word!

I give Overcomer five out of five stars!

Happy Reading!
I received an ARC copy of this through NetGalley. This book is a fantastic resource for anyone seeking to grow in their faith, anyone who is struggling, and so forth. I especially liked how Dr. Jeremiah included events from this year and how the many tensions we face in life currently affect our relationship with God. A 21st century book intertwined with tradition backed by the Bible. A definite must-read!

(I reviewed on Amazon and Goodreads; the link to which will also be shared to my blog Tangled Up In Writing on Saturday 10/20/18
Dr. David Jeremiah is one of my favorite Preacher/Teachers to watch on TV. I have read some of his previous books and found them very helpful. Therefore, I was very excited when OVERCOMER was released.

This is a book I will reread several times. I have highlighted so many passages, it looks as if my entire book is highlighted. Dr. Jeremiah has taken one of my favorite passages (Ephesians 6:10-18). With his spiritual knowledge and love of scripture he explains Paul's letter to the church in Ephesus. If you have wondered about the armor or weapons listed and their uses, you will want to read this book. We do not have to be defeated. God has given us all we need to fight our battles. It's time that we claim the promises in God's word. Just as the title says, we can be OVERCOMERS.  Dr. Jeremiah, as he tells in his book,  has faced some life changing obstacles, having Hodgkin Lymphoma and now being cancer free. His book “When Your World Falls Apart” was a big help and so encouraging when my husband got his diagnoses.  I can not say enough about OVERCOMER. I feel every Christian should read this book. I believe it would make a wonderful gift.

I was given a copy of this book by Thomas Nelson through NetGalleys.
The opinions expressed in this review are my own.
This book is encouraging, inspiring, and convicting.  David Jeremiah’s deep knowledge and love of Scripture is the basis of the wisdom he shares for dealing with difficulties in our lives.  He also shares real-life examples of those who have overcome great struggles in their lives.

I always enjoy David Jeremiah’s writing.  He writes in a personalable, readable style that keeps your attention and helps the reader grasp the spiritual truths he is sharing.  I’m glad to have this book on my shelf to refer back to when I need encouragement.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher.. All opinions are my own.
A wonderful book on how to face the days without just becoming a victim or a complainer.  Starts strong with David and Goliath and concludes with some great insights from Paul.  DJ has mastered the art of book writing long ago and here is more evidence.
Overcomer is a book wrote by well known pastor and preacher Dr. David Jeremiah. Dr. Jeremiah starts this book out with the story of a great overcomer, David, and his battle with Goliath.  He describes what it looks like to be a great overcomer with God. Next, he goes on to describe how to become an overcomer by using the armor of God, as described in Ephesians 6. He takes us through each piece of armor; belt of truth, breastplate of righteousness, shield of faith,  shoes of peace, helmet of salvation, sword of the spirit, and prayer. Dr. Jeremiah finishes by discussing the greatest overcomer of all, Jesus Christ. This book has many sound biblical points in it that will help to develop a closer relationship and understanding of God. There were many times when I felt God gently tap me on the shoulder  and quietly say “pay attention here, you need this”. This is a book that every Christian should have in her/his library, and reference often. I received a free copy of this book, from the publisher Thomas Nelson, via NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review. All opinions expressed are my own.
I have been greatly anticipating the launch of this book. David Jeremiah is a highly esteemed pastor, author and teacher of The Word. This latest book provides key examples of those who have faced incredible odds (David, Paul, etc.) and overcame them. How they did so is explained as well as how we, too, can apply the same to our lives as well.
Written in the same easy to understand manner that is so typical of Dr. Jeremiah's books, this is ideal for new believers and a source of renewal for 'seasoned believers'.
This is a book that will become part of my permanent collection and one that will be read and reread.
I received an Advance Review Copy of this book. All opinions are my own.
A book that will show you that anyone can be an overcomer. No matter what you are going through rely on the bible and the verses to overcome anything.
This is a book I will read again and again. I have marked so many passages in this book that I knew I would need to refer to often. Everybody has something they need to overcome and the only way to do it is with God's help. Grab this book for encouragement and stories to help you be an Overcomer! Thank you Thomas Nelson--W Publishing via NetGalley for the ARC copy of this book. This is my honest opinion of this book.
Throughout this book, you will find yourself marking quotes and scriptures that inspire to be an overcomer in this world. The author asked this question, "What would life be like if your goal in every situation was to bring glory to His name?" The book walks us through ways we can accomplish this in our lives. To be strong in the Lord, stand firm and overcome what Satan throws at us.
The illustrations given are inspiring. He starts with the greatest overcomer in the Old Testament, David. He carries us through the writings of Paul and the verses of where our strength comes from.
I will be re-reading and referring back to this book often.